Pre-Trip The birthday trip! Yes, I changed the title

Hi guys! Me, again!

Just booked trip #18 celebrating my daughter's 17th birthday and my husband's 37th birthday in February of 2017! We are so excited and can't wait to go back home!

WHO- Me(Courtney 34)
Husband(Kevin 36)
My Daughter(Brooklyn 16)
Step-Daughter(Mia 10)

WHAT- Well, my baby girl turns 17 on February 3rd and my husband turns 37 on Feb 7th. Also falling in there is Super Bowl Sunday on the 5th. I couldn't care less about football, but since my husband is big football fan I figured I'd look into some fun activities for that day. 5 day hoppers as of now, possibly adding a 6th day during the trip. DDP(we're big fans) My daughter and I spent 2 hrs picking what ADR's we're going to shoot for, and with everything we picked the math comes out to 2 free dinners if we go with the DDP as opposed to paying out of pocket.

WHERE- My fave spot POFQ( our 4th time staying here)

WHEN- February 1-8th possibly the 9th lol

WHY- See WHAT lol....

So like I said, Brook and I carefully chose every restaurant we hope to visit during this trip. Hopefully we are able to snag everything we'd like,but if not, we have a few backups;)

Here is what we have planned so far....Each trip we try and do something new. A new ride, show or restaurant. We are also adding in rest days, which we never do.

Feb1st...Arrival day...This will be a non-park day for us. We usually land early afternoon, so we will swim and hang around the resort until dinner at Chef Mickey's.

Feb 2nd...We will hit AK in the morning. Drop Mia off at Lilo's Playhouse(she LOVES going and BEGS to go every night) and then head over to 1900 Park Fare(a first for us) for an early dinner(hoping for 5ish). After dinner we will head to the MK, until around 10, then head back to the Poly to pick up Mia.

Feb 3rd...Brooklyn's 17th bday!!! A special one for us, I had her when I was 17, and I'm so proud of the young lady she has become. She chose Epcot in the morn and LTT and the MK for her bday dinner...she LOVES it there.

Feb 4th...HS in the morn, leave after lunch and swim until dinner at Spirit of Aloha, a first for us! I'm REALLY excited about the luau!

Feb 5th...Super Bowl Sunday! Rest day. We will swim, maybe do some resort hopping, or whatever else we stumble across. Mia will go to Lilo's at 4 and we will head over to the Boardwalk to visit ESPN and watch the game. They don't take ADR's for dinner or for big games, so hopefully if we arrive more than an hour before game time we'll find some seats. Brook and I will watch for an hour or so, eat some snacks, then hit the Boardwalk and probably rent a surrey. Haven't been to the BW in over 10 years.

Feb 6th...Some nice members here told me about the Super Bowl parade on Monday, so we will check that out. Leave MK in the afternoon and hop over to Epcot to eat at the Garden Grill. Brook and Mia have never been.

Feb 7th...Kevin's 37th bday! He chose Epcot for his bday park. We'll all have dinner at one of his fave places in WDW, Cape May Buffet then hop over to HS for his fave ride, RnRC.

Feb 8th...Departure Day...unless we decide to add another night in the next few months!

Last edited:

disneyfirstLJ

Thinking about tea at the GF for just the girls and I...Pros, cons?
Maddie and I did the tea in 2015. We did enjoy it but we thought it was expensive for what you get. However, I think it is a nice mother/daughter thing to do and it was worth it for us as a one time thing. Also, it was very relaxing and we love the GF!

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Maddie and I did the tea in 2015. We did enjoy it but we thought it was expensive for what you get. However, I think it is a nice mother/daughter thing to do and it was worth it for us as a one time thing. Also, it was very relaxing and we love the GF!

Hmmm...honestly the only thing stopping me at this point is the price for the 3 of us...what kind of sandwiches did they offer?

21stamps

Hi guys! Me, again!

Just booked trip #18 celebrating my daughter's 17th birthday and my husband's 37th birthday in February of 2017! We are so excited and can't wait to go back home!

WHO- Me(Courtney 34)
Husband(Kevin 36)
My Daughter(Brooklyn 16)
Step-Daughter(Mia 10)

WHAT- Well, my baby girl turns 17 on February 3rd and my husband turns 37 on Feb 7th. Also falling in there is Super Bowl Sunday on the 5th. I couldn't care less about football, but since my husband is big football fan I figured I'd look into some fun activities for that day. 5 day hoppers as of now, possibly adding a 6th day during the trip. DDP(we're big fans) My daughter and I spent 2 hrs picking what ADR's we're going to shoot for, and with everything we picked the math comes out to 2 free dinners if we go with the DDP as opposed to paying out of pocket.

WHERE- My fave spot POFQ( our 4th time staying here)

WHEN- February 1-8th possibly the 9th lol

WHY- See WHAT lol....

So like I said, Brook and I carefully chose every restaurant we hope to visit during this trip. Hopefully we are able to snag everything we'd like,but if not, we have a few backups;)

Here is what we have planned so far....Each trip we try and do something new. A new ride, show or restaurant. We are also adding in rest days, which we never do.

Feb1st...Arrival day...This will be a non-park day for us. We usually land early afternoon, so we will swim and hang around the resort until dinner at Chef Mickey's.

Feb 2nd...We will hit AK in the morning. Drop Mia off at Lilo's Playhouse(she LOVES going and BEGS to go every night) and then head over to 1900 Park Fare(a first for us) for an early dinner(hoping for 5ish). After dinner we will head to the MK, until around 10, then head back to the Poly to pick up Mia.

Feb 3rd...Brooklyn's 17th bday!!! A special one for us, I had her when I was 17, and I'm so proud of the young lady she has become. She chose Epcot in the morn and LTT and the MK for her bday dinner...she LOVES it there.

Feb 4th...HS in the morn, leave after lunch and swim until dinner at Spirit of Aloha, a first for us! I'm REALLY excited about the luau!

Feb 5th...Super Bowl Sunday! Rest day. We will swim, maybe do some resort hopping, or whatever else we stumble across. Mia will go to Lilo's at 4 and we will head over to the Boardwalk to visit ESPN and watch the game. They don't take ADR's for dinner or for big games, so hopefully if we arrive more than an hour before game time we'll find some seats. Brook and I will watch for an hour or so, eat some snacks, then hit the Boardwalk and probably rent a surrey. Haven't been to the BW in over 10 years.

Feb 6th...Some nice members here told me about the Super Bowl parade on Monday, so we will check that out. Leave MK in the afternoon and hop over to Epcot to eat at the Garden Grill. Brook and Mia have never been.

Feb 7th...Kevin's 37th bday! He chose Epcot for his bday park. We'll all have dinner at one of his fave places in WDW, Cape May Buffet then hop over to HS for his fave ride, RnRC.

Feb 8th...Departure Day...unless we decide to add another night in the next few months!
Re: February 4th-
If you can -arrive a little early to Poly and watch the torch lighting ceremony!

Also, I'm not sure of the times since my kiddo wasn't interested, but it may be fun for you and your girls to do the Hula lessons.

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Ok! So, I just snagged all the ADR's we were hoping for! Unless something changes, here's the lineup...

Arrival Day

Feb1st....Chef Mickey's 7:10pm

Feb 2nd...1900 Park Fare...5:45pm

Feb 3rd...Brooklyn's 17th bday...LTT..5:50pm

Feb 4th...Spirit of Aloha ...5:15pm...may change to the later show.....

Feb 5th...No ADR...just appetizers and drinks for the super bowl at ESPN...

Feb 6th...Garden Grill...6:35pm

Feb 7th...Kevin's 37th bday...Cape May Cafe...7pm

Last edited:

21stamps

Ok! So, I just snagged all the ADR's we were hoping for! Unless something changes, here's the lineup...

Arrival Day

Feb1st....Chef Mickey's 7:10pm

Feb 2nd...1900 Park Fare...5:45pm

Feb 3rd...Brooklyn's 17th bday...LTT..5:50pm

Feb 4th...Spirit of Aloha ...5:15pm...may change to the later show.....

Feb 5th...No ADR...just appetizers and drink for the super bowl at ESPN...

Feb 6th...Garden Grill...6:35pm

Feb 7th...Kevin's 37th bday...Cape May Cafe...7pm

Congrats on the reservations!!! That's a great list!!

Courtney6682

Original Poster
If you're planning on purchasing the Water Parks and More option then it doesn't hurt to try... I wouldn't spend money if not.

You're right though, the kids probably won't mind. I am planning on doing everything I can to keep my son out of the pools this winter while there, but I know on Castaway Cay I'll have to suck it up and freeze lol.

Wellllll, you could ''forget'' to pack your bathing suits....:rolleyes:

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Ha ha I wish! We'll be in warm places and snorkeling the week prior though, so that excuse may not work. :(

Rats! I forgot about the cruise lol...I did feel bad when my daughter swam alone when it was too cold for me one year lol...she was 11 tho so I was able to just sit and watch her....

21stamps

Rats! I forgot about the cruise lol...I did feel bad when my daughter swam alone when it was too cold for me one year lol...she was 11 tho so I was able to just sit and watch her....
We're doing sea Raycers and parasailing during our stay..so hopefully will distract him from the pool! We did the Sea Raycers last time but he wasn't old enough for parasailing so we didn't go to Sammy Duvall's.

Courtney6682

Original Poster
We're doing sea Raycers and parasailing during our stay..so hopefully will distract him from the pool! We did the Sea Raycers last time but he wasn't old enough for parasailing so we didn't go to Sammy Duvall's.

Nice!!! We did parasailing last summer for our anniversary...it was great! Such pretty views up there! My daughter loves the sea raycers...I think they're floating death traps lol...but we do them cuz she wants to ..I was just nervous in it...she was a crappy driver lol...

21stamps

Nice!!! We did parasailing last summer for our anniversary...it was great! Such pretty views up there! My daughter loves the sea raycers...I think they're floating death traps lol...but we do them cuz she wants to ..I was just nervous in it...she was a crappy driver lol...
Lol it's fun to be a little scared though!

Parasailing is an awesome thing to do for an anniversary!!!

prfctlyximprct

Congrats on your ADRs! As much as I stress out about it, deep down I love that waking up feeling to snag the ones you want. It's like Christmas morning for Disney addicts. Loving your selection! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom