Pre-Trip The birthday trip! Yes, I changed the title

Hi guys! Me, again!

Just booked trip #18 celebrating my daughter's 17th birthday and my husband's 37th birthday in February of 2017! We are so excited and can't wait to go back home!

WHO- Me(Courtney 34)
Husband(Kevin 36)
My Daughter(Brooklyn 16)
Step-Daughter(Mia 10)

WHAT- Well, my baby girl turns 17 on February 3rd and my husband turns 37 on Feb 7th. Also falling in there is Super Bowl Sunday on the 5th. I couldn't care less about football, but since my husband is big football fan I figured I'd look into some fun activities for that day. 5 day hoppers as of now, possibly adding a 6th day during the trip. DDP(we're big fans) My daughter and I spent 2 hrs picking what ADR's we're going to shoot for, and with everything we picked the math comes out to 2 free dinners if we go with the DDP as opposed to paying out of pocket.

WHERE- My fave spot POFQ( our 4th time staying here)

WHEN- February 1-8th possibly the 9th lol

WHY- See WHAT lol....

So like I said, Brook and I carefully chose every restaurant we hope to visit during this trip. Hopefully we are able to snag everything we'd like,but if not, we have a few backups;)

Here is what we have planned so far....Each trip we try and do something new. A new ride, show or restaurant. We are also adding in rest days, which we never do.

Feb1st...Arrival day...This will be a non-park day for us. We usually land early afternoon, so we will swim and hang around the resort until dinner at Chef Mickey's.

Feb 2nd...We will hit AK in the morning. Drop Mia off at Lilo's Playhouse(she LOVES going and BEGS to go every night) and then head over to 1900 Park Fare(a first for us) for an early dinner(hoping for 5ish). After dinner we will head to the MK, until around 10, then head back to the Poly to pick up Mia.

Feb 3rd...Brooklyn's 17th bday!!! A special one for us, I had her when I was 17, and I'm so proud of the young lady she has become. She chose Epcot in the morn and LTT and the MK for her bday dinner...she LOVES it there.

Feb 4th...HS in the morn, leave after lunch and swim until dinner at Spirit of Aloha, a first for us! I'm REALLY excited about the luau!

Feb 5th...Super Bowl Sunday! Rest day. We will swim, maybe do some resort hopping, or whatever else we stumble across. Mia will go to Lilo's at 4 and we will head over to the Boardwalk to visit ESPN and watch the game. They don't take ADR's for dinner or for big games, so hopefully if we arrive more than an hour before game time we'll find some seats. Brook and I will watch for an hour or so, eat some snacks, then hit the Boardwalk and probably rent a surrey. Haven't been to the BW in over 10 years.

Feb 6th...Some nice members here told me about the Super Bowl parade on Monday, so we will check that out. Leave MK in the afternoon and hop over to Epcot to eat at the Garden Grill. Brook and Mia have never been.

Feb 7th...Kevin's 37th bday! He chose Epcot for his bday park. We'll all have dinner at one of his fave places in WDW, Cape May Buffet then hop over to HS for his fave ride, RnRC.

Feb 8th...Departure Day...unless we decide to add another night in the next few months!

Last edited:

jrogue

Sounds like a good plan so far! My family and I were talking about going to the Luau on our next trip as well. I haven't been since I was younger. I remembered not liking the food as much but loving the show. I think you'll all enjoy it! :)

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Sounds like a good plan so far! My family and I were talking about going to the Luau on our next trip as well. I haven't been since I was younger. I remembered not liking the food as much but loving the show. I think you'll all enjoy it! :)

Thank you!! I'm super excited to check it out...just worried because I read that they cancel it if the temp falls below 50 degrees.

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Sooo I'm 99% sure that I will be booking a bounce back for Christmas of 2017 when we go on this trip. I've never been to WDW at Christmas time(that I can remember, my first trip when I was 5 and a half was in Dec of 1987 and I barely have any recollection of that trip) and it's been a dream of mine the past few years. I figure this is my last shot, as my daughter turns 18 in Feb of 2018, so Christmas of 2017 will be her last one as a ''kid'', plus she hopes to go to FL for college, and if not there AZ. I know it will be expensive, and that's one of the reasons it was never do-able for us. I know it will be crowded. What I can't decide is when to actually go. In a perfect world I'd love to be there from the 22nd to Jan 3rd lol. I'm thinking Dec 22-28th. I def want to be there for Christmas Eve and Christmas. Any thoughts or advice pals?

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Ok, so now I have this thought in my head to go to MVMCP as close to Christmas as possible...is that wishful thinking? Is the last night of the party typically crazy busy? According to the 2016 dates, Dec 22nd is the last night for this year. Has it ever run closer to Christmas?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Sooo I'm 99% sure that I will be booking a bounce back for Christmas of 2017 when we go on this trip. I've never been to WDW at Christmas time(that I can remember, my first trip when I was 5 and a half was in Dec of 1987 and I barely have any recollection of that trip) and it's been a dream of mine the past few years. I figure this is my last shot, as my daughter turns 18 in Feb of 2018, so Christmas of 2017 will be her last one as a ''kid'', plus she hopes to go to FL for college, and if not there AZ. I know it will be expensive, and that's one of the reasons it was never do-able for us. I know it will be crowded. What I can't decide is when to actually go. In a perfect world I'd love to be there from the 22nd to Jan 3rd lol. I'm thinking Dec 22-28th. I def want to be there for Christmas Eve and Christmas. Any thoughts or advice pals?
Bounce back offer dates in December usually end by the 22. This year the offer dates are December 9-22, and if you check in on the 22nd you would only get the rate for the first night. To take full advantage of a bounce back offer ALL your days need to fall within the offer period. This differs from free dining, in that your check in date needs to fall within the free dining offer but will cover your entire stay, even if the free dining offer period has ended.

The last MVMCP also ends prior to the 22/23. Last year it ended on the 19th, so this year is later. The last MVMCP is always crazy crowded, a sell-out. But know that once the last MVMCP is over, the daytime parade becomes the MVMCP parade through New Year's and Wishes becomes Holiday Wishes, so you would get to see them without having to go to a party.

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Bounce back offer dates in December usually end by the 22. This year the offer dates are December 9-22, and if you check in on the 22nd you would only get the rate for the first night. To take full advantage of a bounce back offer ALL your days need to fall within the offer period. This differs from free dining, in that your check in date needs to fall within the free dining offer but will cover your entire stay, even if the free dining offer period has ended.

The last MVMCP also ends prior to the 22/23. Last year it ended on the 19th, so this year is later. The last MVMCP is always crazy crowded, a sell-out. But know that once the last MVMCP is over, the daytime parade becomes the MVMCP parade through New Year's and Wishes becomes Holiday Wishes, so you would get to see them without having to go to a party.

Wow...duh that makes sense that there wouldn't be a discount for Christmas! Thanks for your advice @Tuvalu

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Got some Mickey Mail yesterday!!!!! Can't wait to pick my ADR's!!!

dates.jpg

Courtney6682

Original Poster
That's some seriously exciting mail!

And from what I've heard, the closer you get to Christmas the more packed it will be. Just keep that in mind as you are picking party dates!

Super exciting sister!! I usually NEVER book this far in advance, so I'm dying not being able to book anything lol. I'm trying not to think about Christmas anymore for the same reason lol, but I will gladly take any advice!!!

Courtney6682

Original Poster
We've been tossing around the idea of maybe doing a water park this time(haven't gone to one since 2013). We prefer TL, but it will be closed for a refurb in Feb. What's it like to do a water park in the winter? Too cold?

Last edited:

21stamps

We're from Philly, so we're used to cold ....well....I'm sure the kids won't mind as much as me and gramps...aka my husband lol
If you're planning on purchasing the Water Parks and More option then it doesn't hurt to try... I wouldn't spend money if not.

You're right though, the kids probably won't mind. I am planning on doing everything I can to keep my son out of the pools this winter while there, but I know on Castaway Cay I'll have to suck it up and freeze lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom