Low rates at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin through late August

Brad Bishop

I'll just remind folks that there's a $25/day "Resort Fee" along with $20/day parking.

The only reason I mention this is that it's a bit disingenuous to say, "Look at our great rates!," but you'll (likely, depending on how you get there and whether or not you have a car) be paying 30% more than you expect.

Also, from my last time there back in the fall, the rooms at the Dolphin really needed to be refurbished. Think "tired moderate resort" more so than "deluxe resort". They may have refurbished them in the last 6 months but I wasn't impressed when I was there.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I'll just remind folks that there's a $25/day "Resort Fee" along with $20/day parking.

The only reason I mention this is that it's a bit disingenuous to say, "Look at our great rates!," but you'll (likely, depending on how you get there and whether or not you have a car) be paying 30% more than you expect.

Also, from my last time there back in the fall, the rooms at the Dolphin really needed to be refurbished. Think "tired moderate resort" more so than "deluxe resort". They may have refurbished them in the last 6 months but I wasn't impressed when I was there.
Yes, you should always know that these fees are apart of the deal. The summary page before you click submit details these items.
On a side note, the promo code doesn't work for any days in July and August from what I can tell. Perhaps a glitch?

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Yeah, but even with all that it's still less then one of the other Epcot area resorts.

bee

On a side note, the promo code doesn't work for any days in July and August from what I can tell. Perhaps a glitch?
You have to call to use this code. You can use some codes online but not this one.

If I had time to go to WDW again before my AP expired I would absolutely do this. Doing the math, even with the resort fee and no DME, this is still a better deal than any of the other Epcot resorts.

FiveBells

Well said. We used to stay there every year until I finally got tired of their nickel and diming me to death. Plus, don't forget there is tax on everything extra they charge. Even parking!

wdwfan22

I wonder what it's like now that they have updated the rooms. I stayed there before and swore I would never go back. The rooms were dirty, mold everywhere and the resort and parking fees were to much for what was offered. They also over charged me and it took forever to get my money back.

Baloo62

Brad Bishop

I wonder what it's like now that they have updated the rooms. I stayed there before and swore I would never go back. The rooms were dirty, mold everywhere and the resort and parking fees were to much for what was offered. They also over charged me and it took forever to get my money back.

The was my sentiment 6 months ago. Have they actually updated the rooms?

I remember my room being as your described along with the A/C not really keeping up with the day. You'd get back to your room and it'd be slightly cooler than outside and almost as muggy. That was in stark contrast to the normal room at WDW which is usually REALLY cold when you get in.

The other thing to remember, and I'm not complaining about this as much as I'm just stating it for others to know: The cheap rooms with these types of deals at the S&W often have a horrible view out of your window. When I've used these deals in the past it's usually be a view of the back of the convention area where there are loading docks. I don't think I've stayed at any other resort on WDW property which had such a bad view. Even the cheap rooms at other resorts the worst you'd have was maybe a view of the woods or parking lot. That being said, it's a very inexpensive room at a good location and I get that I'm not going to get a stellar view - it just seemed like a particularly bad view.

worldfanatic

No thanks. For $199 I get 3 bedrooms, 3 full baths, a personal pool, washer/dryer and total peace and quite less than 5 minutes from the World Drive entrance...and that's during peak times of the year.
We're all different, and this is just my opinion.
But I don't care if it's a 20 room mansion 1 minute away for $49/night.
If lodging isn't within the "World", it's only a 1/2 WDW vacation.
Leaving the gates (and the Magic) at the end of each day is about as big a bummer as I can imagine.

I would've felt differently back when I was a park commando.
But nowadays I would much, much rather pay the same price for any "Value" than a "house" off property.
So obviously, Disney Hotel or not, this Swan/Dolphin deal would work well for me if I was not a DVC Member.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom