Love the mouse but Disney is only about money.

Arlene hirrigan

Original Poster
FYI, should anyone in your party have any kind of a health issue make sure you have the accommodations you need at check in. My husband has only 2 arteries. He looks healthy BUT can not climb stairs or walk long distances. We checked in at Key West and were given a third story 48 steps to climb unit. I asked to be moved and received a blank stare. All he did was stand there and look at me like I was crazy.....We took the unit as we wanted to stay at Disney but my husband spent the last day of our trip in the hospital with major heart issues. The only thing I requested of Disney after all the of this was to please honor guests who have health issues and not ignore them. Their answer to me was " what do you want for free". And she was one of their lawyers. We wanted nothing, we asked for nothing but an ground floor entrance unit when we checked in. I did write Disney main office, and it was a nice letter, and they never bothered to answer.
The magic is there and we will return but next time we will be ready to demand the service we need and expect.

jakeman

FYI, should anyone in your party have any kind of a health issue make sure you have the accommodations you need at check in. My husband has only 2 arteries. He looks healthy BUT can not climb stairs or walk long distances. We checked in at Key West and were given a third story 48 steps to climb unit. I asked to be moved and received a blank stare. All he did was stand there and look at me like I was crazy.....We took the unit as we wanted to stay at Disney but my husband spent the last day of our trip in the hospital with major heart issues. The only thing I requested of Disney after all the of this was to please honor guests who have health issues and not ignore them. Their answer to me was " what do you want for free". And she was one of their lawyers. We wanted nothing, we asked for nothing but an ground floor entrance unit when we checked in. I did write Disney main office, and it was a nice letter, and they never bothered to answer.
The magic is there and we will return but next time we will be ready to demand the service we need and expect.
Just curious, why did you not use the elevator?

EDIT: Upon further research I have realized that only 3 of the buildings have elevators. Carry on everyone.

Last edited:

Minthorne

Was it just the stairs that was the problem or was the trip too much for him? Disney is a lot of walking (unless he used a scooter or wheelchair) and rich food/drink.
While I agree that the stairs are certainly hard on the heart if it is not healthy, can you truly make a direct correlation between the stairs and the major heart issue?

BTW - there are over 20 major arteries in the human body - I don't think you can live with just 2.

As for the heart itself - There are two main coronary arteries--the right coronary artery and the left coronary artery. The right coronary artery splits off into two more arteries, known as the right marginal artery and the posterior descending artery. The left coronary artery splits into two additional arteries as well--the circumflex artery and the left anterior descending artery. This makes six total arteries in the human heart. If you are down to 2 in the heart doing just about anything will put major stress on the heart.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom