1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Love rain at WDW. Am I nuts?

Discussion in 'Weather' started by worldfanatic, Apr 3, 2009.

1. hrcollectibles

hrcollectibles Active Member

Not crazy at all.. I have ived in Florida my whole life and I love the rain. I especially like going to the parks on a rainy day. The crowds seem to be less. Maybe its a fear that they may melt in the rain.. Its just water.. Besides I would rather be in a park than on the road. Its been my experience that people forget how to drive when it rains....

2. Ghall

Ghall New Member

I hate the rain as in Ireland we pretty much get rain everyday! We go to Florida to get the sun as that's something we don't get in Ireland. I love the heat and humidity in Orlando. I love getting off the plane and just been hit by the heat. But when it does rain in Disneyworld, we are well use to it and just put on our ponchos. It doesn't stop us going to the parks but I hate when they shut down some of the rides because of rain. If things closed down in Ireland because of rain we would never do anything!!!

3. glee

glee New Member

NO YOUR ARE NOT NUTS! I love the hot rain. The way it feels on your feet!!! Its MAGICAL :D

4. elisatonks

elisatonks Member

no your not nuts, i also love the rain here in florida, esp when the lightening starts.

BTW outdoor rides usually only close if there is lightening for obvious safety reasons.

5. Princess Kaylee

Princess Kaylee Well-Known Member

I do too but not at night. It's chaotic getting out of the park during the rain.

6. Nemo14

Nemo14 Well-Known Member

Do we really need comments on a 7 year old thread?

worldfanatic likes this.
  7. worldfanatic

worldfanatic Well-Known Member Original Poster

Ha Ha.

I still love the rain.

8. DarthMileZ

DarthMileZ Well-Known Member

The rain doesnt bother me, im from the UK so i get it every day 10x worse. loved the brief showers in the summer to cool off.... got my Darth Vader poncho ready.

what i cant stand is the cold. i went to disney paris and was stupid enough to wear ripped jeans (i was into Nirvana at the time and was a stressy teenager) i was sat waiting for lights motor action to start and my legs went purple xD

9. David2319

David2319 Well-Known Member

Just went to Disneyland Paris a few weeks ago, and it rained twice with "chilly" weather in a 4 day period. If you're prepared (waterproof jackets & jeans) perfect weather to beat the crowds:)

10. jrogue

jrogue Well-Known Member

I love the rain in WDW (shorter lines, emptier parks, cools things down), but it's a real bummer if there is lightning and it closes the rides. Thankfully storms don't normally last too long there!