LOST Discussion Thread

speck76

Original Poster
So, it seems a good number of us watch Lost on ABC......since it is a WDC property, I think the show is good enough to deserve its own thread.

A few things I noticed from the 1/5 episode "Whatever the Case May Be"

The Guns - Sun was present when Jack and Kate were discussing the guns, and neither Jack or Kate are aware that she can speak english. With it being reported that a "regular" will die before the end of the season, I have a feeling Sun will get ahold of the guns, and will kill Jin.

Boone is Laurent - I have this feeling that the man Shannon hooked up with was not a French man, but was Boone's father, and Boone was the snotty kid.

The suddenly rising tide - Something has to be in the water......back a few episodes, Sayid found a large cable running into the water, and prior to that, the experienced diver drown, as Boone almost did also.....SOMETHING is in the water.

cherrynegra

RISING TIDE: Well, as I was watching the tide rising, I know this may sound crazy, but it almost seemed as if the water was driving the remaining survivors inland.

REGULAR DYING: I hope that Sun does kill Jin. He's an a$$ and a half.

Refresh my memory again about Boone, Shannon, and the French man?

And what the heck is up with the tiny airplane in the envelope? I don't know what to believe out of that girl's mouth.

Atta83

Right, this show is starting to get more and more twisted as the weeks go. I mean was it me or did anybody else think there was something bad in the water when last nights epsidoe started, i didnt think it was going to be people from the plane.. And can someone tell me where did Jacks father go from the coffin....The plane im not sure but then again Kate is a werid one to figure out. I cant wait for next weeks episode. Man if i find out they are on a island like jurrasic park that would suck.

speck76

Original Poster
cherrynegra said:
RISING TIDE: Well, as I was watching the tide rising, I know this may sound crazy, but it almost seemed as if the water was driving the remaining survivors inland.

REGULAR DYING: I hope that Sun does kill Jin. He's an a$$ and a half.

Refresh my memory again about Boone, Shannon, and the French man?

And what the heck is up with the tiny airplane in the envelope? I don't know what to believe out of that girl's mouth.

Boone and Shannon were introduced as siblings, although I no longer think that is true. Shannon said that was with someone for a year or so in St Tropez (France) and that he taught her some French. She also said his son (Laurent) was a brat that did not like her. She said that he always would watch "that fish movie" and it had the song [Beyond the Sea] dubbed in French.....the same song the French lady from a few episodes ago wrote on her documents.

When Shannon was singing at the end, Boone took notice.

I think Boone is Laurent.

speck76

Original Poster
The one thing that is frusterating me about the show is that there are so many loose ends....although February sweeps is coming up, and many will be tied up, it is almost overkill right now.

Some of the loose ends:

Black vs White (Backgammon, the stones found in the cave, Locke's eyes during Claire's nightmare)

The metal thing that Locke and Boone found (although that gets some focus next week)

The cable that Sayid found running into the water

The French Women.....where is she now?

Claire.....where is she now?

The Beast.....it is rumor to be reappearing soon, but where has it been, and what is it?

Ethan/the others.....where is/are he/they now?

The tail section of the plane (which I think will be located in the season finale, along with more survivors)

DisneyRoxMySox

When I first saw the plane when it came out of the envelope, I thought Kate might have had something to do with the crash...

I love this show so much! I can't wait for next week!

Did anyone else notice that "fish movie" kind of resembles Finding Nemo?

cherrynegra

DisneyRoxMySox said:
When I first saw the plane when it came out of the envelope, I thought Kate might have had something to do with the crash...

I love this show so much! I can't wait for next week!

Did anyone else notice that "fish movie" kind of resembles Finding Nemo?

I thought the same thing about the airplane!! I was like, Great, now it's going to turn into a Twilight Zone episode where it's all a dream and Kate is in control. But I tell you what, I don't trust her as far as I could spit. She is SNEAKY. But I love her!

As for the movie, it is Finding Nemo. Because at the end of Nemo they play that song. Or am I crazy?

DisneyRoxMySox

cherrynegra said:
I thought the same thing about the airplane!! I was like, Great, now it's going to turn into a Twilight Zone episode where it's all a dream and Kate is in control. But I tell you what, I don't trust her as far as I could spit. She is SNEAKY. But I love her!

As for the movie, it is Finding Nemo. Because at the end of Nemo they play that song. Or am I crazy?

You're not crazy. That's exactly what I thought!

Isn't it funny how some of them have been preparing for life on this island for a long time and not even known it? Also, look how well rounded their jobs are. Each person has a specific purpose.

Locke: Training in survivor, hunting, etc techniques while wheel chair bound. And even saying once to someone, "this is what I'm meant to do!".

Claire: Being told by a physic that she MUST raise her child by herself at all costs. Later, the physic made the arrangements for her to get on this particular plane to go to the states so she could put her child up for adoption. But, didn't it seem like the physic knew the plane was going to go down?

Sayid: Military, defense and electronic training.

Jack: A doctor. Growing up with an alcoholic father that often placed him the child (even as an adult) in the parental or leadership role.

Jin and her husband: She was supposed to walk out of the airport to start a new life while her husband settled items at the airport counter. She didn't. She looked at her husband and realized that she really did love him. Well, isn't she starting a new life on the island with her husband? (but I'm not sure how that's going to go because he seems to be a jerk).

There's more out there. It seems the more I watch (only snippets here and there, because of my child -- boy I wish it was on at 9), the more it seems that several people knew deep down inside that something big was happening.

Michele

speck76

Original Poster
Upcoming Episodes

13. Hearts and Minds
gs: Charles Mesure (Bryan) Kelly Rice (Nicole) Adam Leadbeater (Malcolm)

When Locke learns that Boone wants to tell their "secret" to Shannon, Shannon's life is placed in sudden peril, whose dark past is revealed in a shocking backstory that recalls his life with Shannon and presages the return of the beast. Meanwhile, Kate who has become a confidante to Sun is puzzled by a soft-spoken Sun's mysterious behavior and revelation, and a hungry Hurley must repay a debt to Jin.
b: 12-Jan-2005 pc: 112 w: Carlton Cuse & Javier Grillo-Marxuach d: Rod Holcomb
NOTE: A Shannon and Boone centric episode.

14. Special
gs: Christian Bowman (Steve Jenkins) Monica Garcia (Nurse) Tamara Taylor () David Starzyk ()

Violence ensues and a mysterious island beast makes a re-appearance when Michael and Locke clash over Walt's upbringing. Meanwhile, Charlie is tempted to read the missing Claire's diary , and Sayid enlists Shannon to help decipher the French woman's map.
b: 19-Jan-2005 pc: 113 w: David Fury d: Jack Bender
NOTE: A Walt/Michael-centric episode.

Episode 15: Homecoming
Original US Airdate: 09 February 2005
Written by:
Directed by: Kevin Hooks
Promo Pictures
Additional Information: This appears to be a Charlie-centric episode. It is rumored that this episode will also explain why Ethan is after Claire and her baby; thus, it is believed that Charlie's flashbacks will take us back to the abduction.

Episode 16: Outlaws
Original US Airdate: 16 February 2005
Written by:
Directed by: Jack Bender
Promo Pictures
Additional Information: This appears to be a Sawyer-centric episode. "There will also be a scene in it that will blow the LOYAL viewer's minds (why they say loyal, I don't know) (c/o SpoilerFix)."

Episode 17: (currently untitled)
Original US Airdate: Winter 2005
Written by:
Directed by:
Promo Pictures
Additional Information: This appears to be a Jin-centric episode (c/o The Fuselage).

Episode 18: (currently untitled)
Original US Airdate: Winter 2005
Written by:
Directed by:
Promo Pictures
Additional Information: This appears to be a Hurley-centric episode (c/o The Fuselage).

AliciaLuvzDizne

absolutely that was finding nemo

by the sea was the song and they play it at the end when mike wazowski swims by :D

and
i thought the same exact thing when i saw the plane...that she crashed it!!
i better keep watching

GoofBall06

ok...well i think that the "cable" in the water had to do with the way the french woman was getting electricity, because she mentioned that her group crashed on the island...so MAYBE her boat, (maybe even a submarine) is still in the water, providing power to her batteries.

i dont know if kate crashed the plane because she was handcuffed and plus the marshall was right next to her...

you know what ive noticed about kate...she's a criminal, but she never wants anyone to die... she attempts to save the marshall ( she put the mask over his head when the plane was crashing), she helped the old man out of the truck when she crashed it, and she didnt let her bf(?) kill the bank guy...

this show is soo awesome!

Pixie Duster

Please do not read if you don't like hearing theories about the Island...

Bare in mind I have missed a few episodes her and there because I also watch Smallville...
I think the "survivors" are actually stuck in Pergatory.

cherrynegra

Actually Pixie you wouldn't be the first person to pose that theory. That seems to be the number one theory I think. That they're all on the island to resolve whatever they need to resolve before moving on.

DisneyRoxMySox

cherrynegra said:
Actually Pixie you wouldn't be the first person to pose that theory. That seems to be the number one theory I think. That they're all on the island to resolve whatever they need to resolve before moving on.

Wow, I never thought of that....

speck76

Original Poster
Pixie Duster said:
Please do not read if you don't like hearing theories about the Island...

Bare in mind I have missed a few episodes her and there because I also watch Smallville...
I think the "survivors" are actually stuck in Pergatory.

If you go to www.thefuselage.com , which is the official forum created by the producer, the writers have already said "This is not purgatory" and that "everything can be explained with science"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom