Losing weight for the BIG trip to the 'World'

DiSnEyF@n

Okay, so I just had my daughter in February and we are going to WDW in August. I am having a hard time finding the time to work out, but trust me, I am trying. With 4 months left (not mention summer is around the corner) I need to drop about 20 lbs (to be happy with how I look)... Anyone have any suggestions on how to accomplish this??? What did you do to drop some lbs before your BIG trip?? I feel like I am always hungry lol

FYI, I don't want to starve myself :eek: lol

Thanks for your help :)

draybook

My wife lost 81 pounds before our trip in December of 2009. Between cardio at the gym and using the WiiFit program, it melted off. Plus she really watched what she ate, mostly salads and shakes.

Upvote 0

NYwdwfan

As a new mom I know you don't have a lot of time so Focus T-25 might work for you. It's a new workout video by Beachbody. I've been doing it for 3 weeks and have lost 10 pounds. The workouts are 25 minutes, but they are very intense. There is a modifier for every excercise in case you are not fit enough to do all of the moves. The workouts rotate so it's not the same thing day after day. I'm really enjoying it, especially since the workouts are only 25 minutes long! Good luck with your weight loss goals!

Thank everyone! I think I will look into the T25. My husband has it and he recommends it, too :happy:

I was going to recommend T25 as well. I am mid-way through Insanity and NEVER thought I would be happy with my shape being 41 and after 2 kids but I am getting there. The problem with the Insanity workouts are they are long - and I need to wake up an hour earlier than normal to workout. 3 friends just started T25 (60 day program) and said it's just as intense, but shorter. Another has P90X3 (90 day program) and loves it as well. I would pair one of these workouts with the myfitnesspal app to track your food consumption and you should definitely notice a difference. Good luck - it's definitely not easy - but you seem motivated and that's a good part of the battle!

Upvote 0

cw1982

I couldn't agree more about the protein and water ideas!!! Thanks... I will change my shopping habits this week to get more protein thanks again!!

No problem :)

I've actually lost half of my body weight and kept it off... I started at 270 and range now between 130-135 and have been there for over a year. If you want any other tips or anything, feel free to message me. I'm definitely not an expert by any means, but my experience is a little different from what most here have, and I'd be happy to help however I can.

Upvote 0

Ariel484

No problem :)

I've actually lost half of my body weight and kept it off... I started at 270 and range now between 130-135 and have been there for over a year. If you want any other tips or anything, feel free to message me. I'm definitely not an expert by any means, but my experience is a little different from what most here have, and I'd be happy to help however I can.
That is amazing! The fact that you have maintained it for over a year is super impressive. Congratulations!! :)

Upvote 0

kimberlymautz

I had just started the 21 Day Fix. I'm not sure if you've heard of it, but it's awesome and incredibly easy. You just follow the instructions and put all of your food into little containers (portion control is my enemy) and it has super easy 30m work outs to go with it. A friend did it and lost about 10lbs in about 6w (not sure how much you weigh but she started at about 190lbs).

I even asked my doctor about it before starting and after he looked into it he gave me the green light. No pills or anything crazy. I really like it so far. Not sure if that helps at all, but best of luck!

Upvote 0

Redsky89

Go to a gym and sweat and having a balanced diet. Those two things are the only way to get the results you want. If not a gym then your own home. Theres lots of different fads out there for people that want to drop weight but they are almost all gimmicks. Old fashioned hard work and researching a proper diet that will fit you will work best.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom