Looking for the truth about Value Resorts

luv

The values have small rooms and garish decor. There is no relaxing feeling when coming back to that after a long day in the parks. And a family of four might be ready to kill each other after being trapped in that room for a week or ten days.

But they are cheap by Disney standards. If you are hell-bent on staying in the bubble and need to spend as little as possible, they suffice.

The food courts are pretty good! Decent selection and the food isn't bad. :) Not relaxing, but interesting.

And they're wonderful for kids. If you let a kid design a place to stay, they'd design something just like the Values. Big, colorful, cartoon-type stuff. What more could a kid want.

Todd L

OK, so, I've only been to Disney once. We stayed at POFQ and absolutely loved it! Since it's never too soon to start planning, I'm starting to narrow down options for our next trip...in May of 2015 :). Anyway, a recent trip report has me almost sold on AoA, but I hesitate because of one thing. Don't think me snobbish, but it's a value resort. I have heard (only heard, as I have basically no experience) that values tend to be a bit um... rode hard.
My assumption has always been that Disney takes good care of their property, matter the price point, but I've been warned off.

So give it to me straight

Ive never stayed at Aoa or any of the value resorts for that matter but I know people who refuse to stay at anything but values and love them!! I dont think theres even a question that they are great options if youre looking to save a few bucks and still get the whole Disney experience!!

Ive had 2 trips that we booked late over the last few years and wasnt thrilled with the choices I had available but wound up loving both the resorts we stayed at!!

Good luck and have a great trip!

bethymouse

Don't all areas in WDW now have free wifi?
ASMusic and the POP are good places. It's a "motel" like atmosphere w/ some Disney touches. No slides at the pools. Rooms are outdoor corridors. Food courts are just OK. I'd up it to a moderate, but that's just me. But, if it really were about $$$ and I really really wanted to go, I'd stay at a Value any time.;) I love the towel animals mousekeeping does for you.:cool:

I've stayed at the Pop and All Star Sports, and I preferred the Pop. It just felt more 'Disney', if that makes any sense. Personally, I would upgrade to a moderate, like POFQ. I think it's worth it just for the atmosphere.

Bluewaves

The moderates all have a much lusher feeling, the values all feel like concrete palaces everything is hard and there are always the groups, that are loud, unsupervised and like to party hard so not my thing. My mom also reported last time she went and stayed at an All Star the place was a mess, peeling paint, dirty room so your mileage may vary. For me its moderates from now on, I like the quiet, better themeing throughout and the more relaxing atmosphere.

ginadee

Ive stayed at all 3 levels of resorts. AllStars a few times and it was always great. Ill be staying at Pop for the first time next trip. Ive only gone during non peak seasons. Now if Im not on a budget Id definately stay at a moderate just because they,re so pretty. I love the Value resorts as well. Doesnt matter to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom