Looking for the title of a book on Walt

Dragonrider1227

Original Poster
My mother told me of this book she found a few years back that went into a more realistic side of working with someone like Walt. It mentioned that he actually had a bit of a temper. One story in mentions was Walt getting mad because his plane was delayed and couldn't take off. He saw this fat kid and screamed "YOU'RE TOO FAT TO BE ON MY PLANE!!" (he apologized afterwards)
It also mentioned that the people who worked for Walt were actually at times afraid of him because if things were going wrong in his projects, he'd be MAD about it. They used to say that he was in a "bear suit."
Unfortunately, my mother can't remember the title of this book. Does anyone here know what it was?

CaptainWinter

My mother told me of this book she found a few years back that went into a more realistic side of working with someone like Walt. It mentioned that he actually had a bit of a temper. One story in mentions was Walt getting mad because his plane was delayed and couldn't take off. He saw this fat kid and screamed "YOU'RE TOO FAT TO BE ON MY PLANE!!" (he apologized afterwards)
It also mentioned that the people who worked for Walt were actually at times afraid of him because if things were going wrong in his projects, he'd be MAD about it. They used to say that he was in a "bear suit."
Unfortunately, my mother can't remember the title of this book. Does anyone here know what it was?

Google turns up this. Somewhat different than your story.

Research Consultant Harrison "Buzz" Price tells this story in the book Remembering Walt that should be in the library of any true Walt fan: "I was on his airplane serving highballs. Walt looked at me with his eyebrow up and said, 'You're too fat to fly on my airplane!' I was 210 pounds, which was heavy for me. At midnight that night, we got to the hotel and Walt said, 'What I said to you on the plane—I meant it.' So I lost 36 pounds within 13 weeks. When I was a lean 170 pounds, he said, 'Buzz, you're getting positively handsome.'"

(from http://www.mouseplanet.com/8199/Up_Up_and_Away_with_Walt_Disney)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom