Looking for help, so I can take better food pictures

PMC0849

Original Poster
I would love to take better pictures in general, but food in particular. I want to figure out how to take better food pictures, I am not comfortable having the flash on in a restaurant, because I know that can be distracting to other guests. Any tips you can offer would be great. Oh, I have a Canon Eos Rebel T3.

Grumpy-Fan

I would love to take better pictures in general, but food in particular. I want to figure out how to take better food pictures, I am not comfortable having the flash on in a restaurant, because I know that can be distracting to other guests. Any tips you can offer would be great. Oh, I have a Canon Eos Rebel T3.
Canon 50mm 1.8 prime. Inexpensive, good low-light performance, very good bang for your buck.

MissM

Canon 50mm 1.8 prime. Inexpensive, good low-light performance, very good bang for your buck.
Definitely a staple lens - especially for the price! - but bear in mind on a crop body, 50mm turns into 80mm equivalent so it can be hard to get photos of close-up things (such as food) with it. Might want to practice at home so you get familiar with it before trying to get a shot at a restaurant.

NowInc

Definitely a staple lens - especially for the price! - but bear in mind on a crop body, 50mm turns into 80mm equivalent so it can be hard to get photos of close-up things (such as food) with it. Might want to practice at home so you get familiar with it before trying to get a shot at a restaurant.

I believe that 50mm may be a tad too "close" for food, so I would say try to find a 35mm (I believe canon makes a decently priced one as well).

MissM

I believe that 50mm may be a tad too "close" for food, so I would say try to find a 35mm (I believe canon makes a decently priced one as well).
Yeah I agree. I don't use my 50mm that much because I have a crop body camera too and it's definitely very "close" for many things. These days I tend to keep my EF-S 17-55 IS USM on 95% of the time but of course, it's neither small nor subtle. Plus it's 9x the price of the 50mm. LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom