Looking for advice on which longhouse at Poly

MissViv

Original Poster
We are planning another trip to WDW for a wedding and want to stay at the Polynesian for the convenience to Shades of Green (wedding venue).

We are planning on booking a standard view and I see the choices for King size bed are Figi, Samoa, Raratonga & Niue.

Which longhouse would you choose and why? We probably will not use the pool much (if any) so being close to the pool is not important. Being close to the ceremonial house and monorail would be convenient.

DisneyPrincess5

Rarotonga is our favorite. We've stayed there twice and absolutely loved it.
Spacious rooms, love the whole island vibe (which is obviously every longhouse!), we had quiet experiences, and both times were with a garden view of beautiful vegetation.
We loved the proximity to the Great Ceremonial House/monorail as well as the not too far walk to the TTC.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Rarotonga will give you the convenience you want. Second choice would be Niue. Samoa has a pool on either side so you may hear noise. Fiji has beautiful views on either side but is further from the ceremonial house and transportation....But it is the closest longhouse for walking to Shades of Green.

@MissViv, be aware that there are VERY FEW king bed rooms so that even if you request a specific longhouse you may not get it. I also believe that a king bed room is a request, not a paid guarantee, so it is likely you would receive a room with two queens.

MissViv

Original Poster
Two double beds would be okay. There is just the two of us (DH and I).

Another question, we will be at the Contemporary next week, do they still have the bounce back offers? It would be great to book the poly while we are there if we can save $$$ with the discount.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
This is the bounce back offer. Note that it is only for certain dates (which may not be the ones you are looking for) and does not apply to all room categories (when I inquired for Poly, GF and WL the discount was for club level rooms only.)

IMG_4473.JPG

MissViv

Original Poster
It would work for the dates we need but I do not want to pay the club level rates to get the discount. Guess I'll check on it when we get checked in. Hope it works!

MissViv

Original Poster
Thanks Tuvalu! I checked for our dates and the Garden View Club Level (cheapest offered) is $676.00/night minus 30% = $473.20. This is a little lower than the standard view room and you get the club amenities. This might be doable if offered. Wish we could get the standard view at $474.00 minus 30% = $331.80.

I think we need to stay at the poly because of the wedding and being dressed in formal clothes in July. It's going to be really HOT and traveling from another hotel would be difficult (no car) we will be using Magical Express. Although, we could stay at one of the moderates if we could get the 30% off and take a taxi to the wedding.

Thoughts??

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Thanks Tuvalu! I checked for our dates and the Garden View Club Level (cheapest offered) is $676.00/night minus 30% = $473.20. This is a little lower than the standard view room and you get the club amenities. This might be doable if offered. Wish we could get the standard view at $474.00 minus 30% = $331.80.

I think we need to stay at the poly because of the wedding and being dressed in formal clothes in July. It's going to be really HOT and traveling from another hotel would be difficult (no car) we will be using Magical Express. Although, we could stay at one of the moderates if we could get the 30% off and take a taxi to the wedding.

Thoughts??
Though you can walk from Poly to SOG, it may feel tortuous in the heat of July while dressed in formal attire. Regardless of where you decide to stay, I recommend taking Uber (cheaper than a taxi) to the wedding. It will be money well spent, as you will arrive fresh and not a sweaty mess. (Spoken by someone with experience in attending an Orlando wedding in July!)

You will definitely save money by choosing a moderate resort (note that the bounce back discount for moderates is 25% rather than 30%) especially if you do not plan to spend much time at your resort or take advantage of its amenities.

MissViv

Original Poster
We probably would spend quite a bit of time at the resort. We are planning on only staying 3 nights and might do MK one of those days. The wedding is an outdoor wedding so it will be HOT! Not sure of the dress but DH will probably need to wear a suit (it's his son who is getting married). I'll probably wear a sleeveless dress. We might possibly be able to stay at Shades of Green but we are not sure how many rooms they will be able to secure and all of the family and guests attending are from out of town and would need rooms.

We thought it would be easier (but more expensive) to stay at the Poly Curious to see if we can get a discount.

I read somewhere that people used a travel agency and got good rates for the Poly. Does anyone have the name of the agency? $474 is the cheapest price I have found for a standard view room and it is through Disney.

MissViv

Original Poster
This is the bounce back offer. Note that it is only for certain dates (which may not be the ones you are looking for) and does not apply to all room categories (when I inquired for Poly, GF and WL the discount was for club level rooms only.)

View attachment 181825

We were able to get the Bounce Back offer for a Standard View Room for $331.80/night. We were prepared to book the Club Level Standard Room if we had to but were able to book the cheaper room. We were so happy and then the next day after telling our daughter and son-in-law about the room, they had us check to see if we could add another room & we were able to link their reservation for the same rate even though they were not staying in a resort hotel. They did tell them that if we cancelled, their reservation would cancel too since it was linked with ours.

We requested Rarotonga.

drwadadli

The last time we stays at Poly, I picked the Tuvalu longhouse because even though the room are considered lagoon view, most have some park view. I also wanted a room that was quiet, away from the pool and main house. We had room 1413 even though I wanted balcony. They offered us balcony but it was closer to the pool. After the stay was over, the room was perfect and recommend that room again. It was also a partial park view room.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
The last time we stays at Poly, I picked the Tuvalu longhouse because even though the room are considered lagoon view, most have some park view. I also wanted a room that was quiet, away from the pool and main house. We had room 1413 even though I wanted balcony. They offered us balcony but it was closer to the pool. After the stay was over, the room was perfect and recommend that room again. It was also a partial park view room.
All 3rd floor balcony rooms in Tuvalu are classified as theme park view. If you booked a lagoon view room, that is the reason you were not given a balcony room.

21stamps

This is my favorite longhouse. I like being away from the pool..close to the water.. and I LOVE the view.

jlsHouston

I always request Samoa 3rd floor. I like being in between the pools, hike to laundry not too bad, walk to lobby really close.

chrisbarry

We've stayed in Fiji twice and paid for Garden View and both times were looking at the lagoon. Once looking out over the boats in the marina and the Contemporary off in the distance and another time on the opposite side looking at the beach with the Grand Floridian off in the distance. Beautiful water views but classified as Garden!

MissViv

Original Poster
We've stayed in Fiji twice and paid for Garden View and both times were looking at the lagoon. Once looking out over the boats in the marina and the Contemporary off in the distance and another time on the opposite side looking at the beach with the Grand Floridian off in the distance. Beautiful water views but classified as Garden!

That would be nice! Maybe we should change our request to Figi. It seems close enough to the Ceremonial House. Did you request a balcony?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom