Looking for a travel partner to WDW

nillyp

This may not be the appropriate place to post this...or may not be appropriate at all to post...but I'm gonna take a chance :)

I have the unfortunate luck of not knowing ANYONE who enjoys going to WDW. None of my friends, family members, co-workers, etcetera care to visit. I know a lot of people say one of the most rewarding trips is one you take by yourself, but I just don't feel comfortable doing that (plus the hotel is expensive!).

So what I'm looking for is someone, I don't care if you're male or female, gay or straight, old or young, whatever, but someone who may also be in the same situation as me, with no friends who can really appreciate Disney World. I'd prefer it to be someone close to me (I'm in the Charlotte, NC area) so that we could possibly get to know each other and make sure we could get along for a week without killing each other. Hahaha! My hope is to be able to plan a trip for January of 2010, or possibly a long weekend trip in October 2009.

If this sounds like fun to you, please send me a message or reply to this! Thanks :)

krankenstein

Meeting up in the parks to do the rides and drink around the world is one thing, sharing a room, well....

Better to be safe than sorry, meet in a public place. Even if it's the hotel lobby or bar at the lobby. This way if you do not get a good vibe from that person, you can always say so and still be in public where the person won't start anything.

On the flip side, finding a roller coaster partner would be cool.

Yeah, this is true. I'm up for meeting people for a ride or two or having a drink/meal with. Sharing a room is another thing. :lookaroun

Yeah, I agree just meeting up with someone for the first time there to share a room would be extremely sketchy. That's why I was hoping to find someone in the Charlotte area, so we could meet up and get to know each other BEFORE we decided to room together. That's the whole idea tho...being a teacher, extra cash is not exactly a luxury I have :( . That's why I'd like to be able to meet someone who wouldn't mind sharing a room...but I definitely wouldn't do that with a "stranger". I would have to get to know the person first.

I think the travel group sounds like a good idea. Maybe I can start something like that through Facebook or something here in the Charlotte area.

I know the feeling. I'm a teacher too. :lol:

Upvote 0

KingStefan

I'm from the UK and would love a group of like minded single travellers to meet up with whenever I go (not as often as I want to) my kids practically all grown up and don't really want to holiday with me anymore:shrug: and i dont know anyone else who wants to do Disney as often as I do
I'm sorry to go a bit off-topic, but I have a very good reason: I wanted to welcome Loving Disney to the forums - I hope you like it here!
Yeah, I agree just meeting up with someone for the first time there to share a room would be extremely sketchy. That's why I was hoping to find someone in the Charlotte area, so we could meet up and get to know each other BEFORE we decided to room together. That's the whole idea tho...being a teacher, extra cash is not exactly a luxury I have :( . That's why I'd like to be able to meet someone who wouldn't mind sharing a room...but I definitely wouldn't do that with a "stranger". I would have to get to know the person first.

I think the travel group sounds like a good idea. Maybe I can start something like that through Facebook or something here in the Charlotte area.

I think you have very good ideas, and I agree with you. Definitely get to know somebody before doing something like that. But I think if you surely got to know somebody and had good references (and provided them as well), that would not be a problem.

And as Mukta pointed out, young people do this in hostels all the time. Although I am reminded of those cell phone commercials where the guy ends up staying with wierd people like those "techno-twins" with the big boom box and have no bars!:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUfONVpMn4Q

Upvote 0

pilka214

I've been dying to find time to go to WDW solo. Specifically because i'm a photographer and would love to just set up and take my time with the pictures.

However I hate going to walmart by myself, let alone a theme park. But everytime i'm there with friends or family i can't take the time i need to get the pictures i want, and that's no good.

I need a semi-serious photographer friend with an annual pass. That's what i need :)

Upvote 0

Ben Barnett

I am looking for a travel partner to WDW. My son and I, he is 13, have a trip scheduled this fall, August 31-September 3 at Animal Kingdom lodge, and September 3- 6 at Pop Century. I haven't done this before but really want to save some money so I can go more often. Let me know if you are interested.

Upvote 0

Jame

Aww it feels like me!

I want to go there around Aug, 4-8 but it's only me that love and appriciate WDW so much to do it 1 park per day, so i'd like to find someone who could share the room with me during that dates, and we could travel together too!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom