Looking for a travel partner to WDW

nillyp

This may not be the appropriate place to post this...or may not be appropriate at all to post...but I'm gonna take a chance :)

I have the unfortunate luck of not knowing ANYONE who enjoys going to WDW. None of my friends, family members, co-workers, etcetera care to visit. I know a lot of people say one of the most rewarding trips is one you take by yourself, but I just don't feel comfortable doing that (plus the hotel is expensive!).

So what I'm looking for is someone, I don't care if you're male or female, gay or straight, old or young, whatever, but someone who may also be in the same situation as me, with no friends who can really appreciate Disney World. I'd prefer it to be someone close to me (I'm in the Charlotte, NC area) so that we could possibly get to know each other and make sure we could get along for a week without killing each other. Hahaha! My hope is to be able to plan a trip for January of 2010, or possibly a long weekend trip in October 2009.

If this sounds like fun to you, please send me a message or reply to this! Thanks :)

macsmom

I would like to follow up and say I think it would be a little strange staying in a hotel or place with someone you don't know at all.....unless you are Charlize Theron or close to it :D

I do agree with this though. I have gone solo and enjoyed it quite abit, but really would have liked to be with someone occasionally.

danna

Upvote 0

jaques21

I also think this is a great and scary idea. Though if i have my annual pass by then I think I might give it a shot. Sounds like it could be fun.

Upvote 0

lisa2465

Another solo WDW traveler. Had the time of my life last year when I went and can't wait to do it again. I do have to admit it would be nice to share some magical moments with someone...maybe someday

Upvote 0

Mimi

I think you might want to set up a travel group for solo enthusists. Create some kind of tour group for solo folks. You might be surprised by the number of people who might want to do that.

I think this is a really good idea. I can understand how it could be difficult for people to find other fanatics to enjoy their vacations with. I think there needs to be an overseer or some sort of screening process though. I would never recommend that anyone do this without taking proper precautions. Unfortunately we live in a world that can be quite terrifying at times.

To anyone who does this, please make sure you get to know your travel partner prior to your trip and keep your finances and accommodations separate.

Upvote 0

partyoffour

Now the mommy in me comes out as soon as I read your post. Going to meet people sounds awesome! But sharing a room not so much. I am sure there are some truely great people who could meet u there but I say save for the solo trip and meet up. No sharing a room with strangers ! LOL

Maybe there is a travel group u could go with??

Upvote 0
I'd go with you, but I'm in Oklahoma. But I know the feeling about not being able to get other people to go with you. I have 2 DDs that right now love to go, but soon they will be getting "too old" to go with MOM. And DH hates flying and doesn't do the rides either, so I'd still basically be going by myself. Good luck.

Upvote 0

Tinkyroo

I did DL solo once and it was really fun. I recommend going solo. You can go where you want when you want. Also, I agree with the other posters - sharing a room with a stranger sounds scary. :lookaroun

Upvote 0

BuzzComplexCM

Meeting up in the parks to do the rides and drink around the world is one thing, sharing a room, well....

Better to be safe than sorry, meet in a public place. Even if it's the hotel lobby or bar at the lobby. This way if you do not get a good vibe from that person, you can always say so and still be in public where the person won't start anything.

On the flip side, finding a roller coaster partner would be cool.

Upvote 0

Loving Disney

I'm from the UK and would love a group of like minded single travellers to meet up with whenever I go (not as often as I want to) my kids practically all grown up and don't really want to holiday with me anymore:shrug: and i dont know anyone else who wants to do Disney as often as I do

Upvote 0

DonaldD23

Hi,

I am a local who meets up with people all the time @ WDW. I would love to meet up with you or anyone else.

I will stress that meeting up with someone to share a room with is very risky...I would never do it. Meeting up in the parks or @ a resort for dinner is one thing, but staying with someone you never met before is not something I recommend.

With that being said, send me a PM if you want to talk about meeting up during your next visit and we can arrange a meeting inside one of the parks.

Well, I am headed to DAK right now...talk to all of you later.

Joe

Upvote 0

goofy52

I did my first solo trip in June and had a great time. I'll be doing another solo trip Sept. 14-17th and would be interested in meeting anybody for a meal or walk through any of the parks.

Upvote 0

malkut18

I live in Florida and love to go to WDW often. My husband is not really into it that much, so I just go by myself. Have enjoyed going solo and have had no problems. When my husband does go with me he usually stays at the resort or the campground and I go to the parks by myself. We are planning a trip in September. My husband fell and fractured his heel, so he will be staying at resort (CBR) and I'll definitely hit the parks alone. If you're not sure about going it alone, give it a try. It is the one place in the USA where I feel totally comfortable traveling by myself. I feel safe at resorts and at the parks. As an aside, due to my husband not working our budget it very tight and I recently tried Pop Century by myself and had no problems. Good resort for the money and the solo traveler!

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

Before I got married I did several solo trips and really liked it actually. My mom chose to come on one of my trips, she was scared about me going alone, but saw that I was always careful anyway. Sometimes going alone can be nice, especially having gone with my husband and kids a few times now. I may go alone in September for a few days, get some mommy alone time :)

Upvote 0

nillyp

Original Poster
Yeah, I agree just meeting up with someone for the first time there to share a room would be extremely sketchy. That's why I was hoping to find someone in the Charlotte area, so we could meet up and get to know each other BEFORE we decided to room together. That's the whole idea tho...being a teacher, extra cash is not exactly a luxury I have :( . That's why I'd like to be able to meet someone who wouldn't mind sharing a room...but I definitely wouldn't do that with a "stranger". I would have to get to know the person first.

I think the travel group sounds like a good idea. Maybe I can start something like that through Facebook or something here in the Charlotte area.

Upvote 0

Mukta

I just wanted to add that I have stayed with strangers in youth hostels. If you ever backpack anywhere, it is very common. You keep your valuables locked and use common sense and common courtesy.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom