Looking for a travel partner to WDW

nillyp

This may not be the appropriate place to post this...or may not be appropriate at all to post...but I'm gonna take a chance :)

I have the unfortunate luck of not knowing ANYONE who enjoys going to WDW. None of my friends, family members, co-workers, etcetera care to visit. I know a lot of people say one of the most rewarding trips is one you take by yourself, but I just don't feel comfortable doing that (plus the hotel is expensive!).

So what I'm looking for is someone, I don't care if you're male or female, gay or straight, old or young, whatever, but someone who may also be in the same situation as me, with no friends who can really appreciate Disney World. I'd prefer it to be someone close to me (I'm in the Charlotte, NC area) so that we could possibly get to know each other and make sure we could get along for a week without killing each other. Hahaha! My hope is to be able to plan a trip for January of 2010, or possibly a long weekend trip in October 2009.

If this sounds like fun to you, please send me a message or reply to this! Thanks :)

Mukta

I have always wondered about this too.

I was wondering if there are people who just share a room and the occasional dinner with a stranger to save some money on a Disney vacation.
I would love to do this for Tokyo especially since it is so expensive.

Upvote 0

rkelly42

All I have to say is be very careful, make sure you know the person before you go and do it. There are lots of crazy people out there, but on the flip side there are lots of good people to, just be aware of the dangers.

Upvote 0

Mr Toad

I think you might want to set up a travel group for solo enthusists. Create some kind of tour group for solo folks. You might be surprised by the number of people who might want to do that. Might want to create some kind of message board somewhere to get interest from people. Heck, I know people in Charlotte who might want to do it :lol:.

Upvote 0

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
This sounds like a FUN (and kinda scary) idea. I'd be leery sharing a hotel room with someone, but I'm (almost) getting sick of going solo. My DBF and I are on 'hiatus' right now and I've been itching for a trip to go see The Mouse.

Upvote 0

Atomicmickey

What about joining up with a Tour Group? There would be some organization, and not quite so much trepidation as meeting up with a stranger.
I'd check with travel agents in your area--that might be an idea.

And, I should also say, I've been to WDW by myself a couple of times, and
it's great. Yes, you don't have someone to share the excitement with, but
you can move quickly, indulge your whims, and the people watching is a blast!

Upvote 0

Rogue21

October

I'll be down in WDW this October on a solo trip. A friend was supposed to join me, but that is up in the air due to some family health issues.

I've done solo trips before to both WDW and DLR. No problems at all. Both trips were enjoyable, but then I'm someone who is perfectly fine talking to (most) people and dining solo is something I am comfortable with also.

Anyway, I have a couple ADR's for dinner and wouldn't mind a bit of company if you get down that way. I'm also attending the MNSSHP. (Not sure if I'll be in a costume, the jury is still out on that one.) Send me a PM if you want details.

Upvote 0

macsmom

I wouldn't necessarily need a travel partner but I would like someone to share the cost of the hotel room. Cutting that in half saves quite a bit of money. Of course, there might be problems when one person is in bed already and the other is coming into the room at midnight or later.

danna

Upvote 0

alemanyindisney

This sounds like it can be really fun! I stll have the luxary of having two teenage girls in my home who will travel to Disney with me. In about 5 years, I might now be so lucky. At that time I too will be looking for other single travelers to go to Disney, like Mr.Toad said get a tour group together....maybe 4 or 5 single people to go down and have a blast!....or wait 5 years and I would love to join you!:animwink:

Upvote 0

Hrudey3032

Ive never done the solo trip before but maybe doing it this October when I may be there to help take care of my dad when he gets out of rehab from his motorcycle accident. The only good thing is I have a place to stay for free instead of paying for a hotel.However if I go to WDW it will be as a single person this time unless things change and my brother can go.

Upvote 0

Hrudey3032

I would like to follow up and say I think it would be a little strange staying in a hotel or place with someone you don't know at all.....unless you are Charlize Theron or close to it :D

Upvote 0

Theresonly1

I agree with whoever said sounds fun but scary. However, I think 2 people that enjoy Disney would get along well enough, and if you just didn't click, I guess you only HAVE to be around them when the park is closed :)

Upvote 0
I'll be traveling solo to the WDW October 23 to 30. If you wanted to meet up at the Halloween Party on the 25th or some other time to hang out I'd be willing to. I'm not sure about sharing a room with someone I don't know though. Especially since I'm an only child and am used to having my own space.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom