Long Lost Friends Week January 20-26

edrho

I was actually at MGM the day they had a big tribute to Jim Henson about a month after he died. His family and all the muppeteers were there along with Michael Eisner. They premiered here come the muppets that day with a performance in front of the Chinese theater. I have some of the tribute recorded on VHS somewhere. I wonder if we will ever see the Kermit and piggy characters again.

GiveMeTheMusic

The three little pigs look like they had a facelift. They look different from when I saw them in spectromagic parade.

The costumes pictured on the parks blog are actually the old versions. The new pigs look like this:

d23tp-3-pigs-web.jpg

Hopefully WDW has them, but it wouldn't shock me if they didn't.

Shadowgate

Yes, this is something if I lived in Florida would get me to go to MK at least one of these days. I really think it would be nice if they rotated in some of the less seen characters into who they have out on a daily bases. I remember seeing Robin Hood and The Three Pigs as a kid and I know my daughter would love to see them! I realize they can't have all of them out all the time and that they want to have the "current hits" and the most popular characters out but having 2 to 4 others rotated in daily would be great even if it was on a monthly cycle.

Yes, I understand it would be work to make sure all those costumes were always ready and make scheduling more challenging but I think it would be something people really would enjoy and could draw in more people; at least locally.

NewfieFan

It would make my son's year to see Robin Hood and gang! What's the chance that this is event will happening again? I wish they would announce it in advance. I would actually plan a trip around this if it fell during Apirl or May!

Aurora1

I really wish they used this year and these Limited Time Magic Weeks to see what brings in a lot of popularity to potentially continue using in the future! I know my sister & I would love to see the Robin Hood gang as it was one of our favorite movies growing up... I have pictures with them from back when I was a kid, but I'd love to see them again! If they've got the costumes, even just once or twice a month, it would be great to pull them out and get people a little nostalgic!

The Empress Lilly

Yes, this is something if I lived in Florida would get me to go to MK at least one of these days. I really think it would be nice if they rotated in some of the less seen characters into who they have out on a daily bases. I remember seeing Robin Hood and The Three Pigs as a kid and I know my daughter would love to see them! I realize they can't have all of them out all the time and that they want to have the "current hits" and the most popular characters out but having 2 to 4 others rotated in daily would be great even if it was on a monthly cycle.

Yes, I understand it would be work to make sure all those costumes were always ready and make scheduling more challenging but I think it would be something people really would enjoy and could draw in more people; at least locally.
Totally!

It would be sooo great to occasionaly, randomly, bump into characters other than princesses / fab five / fab Stitch / Pixar-cgi-characters-that-don't-quite-fit-the-Disney-feeling and mould.

Seeing the classic Disney characters out makes me feel part of the Disney legacy, instead of being immersed in a toy merchandise line commercial.

Robin Hood has such great, instantly recognisable characters! Wish they were out more. And Scrooge McDuck and the nephews (where were they?) should be available as a matter of course!

drew81

Original Poster
I guarantee this will be the most successful "Limited Time Magic" offering...

But according to some in management and Guest Relations guests only want to meet the popular characters(which is a load of crap). I wish they would fully realize that many fans enjoy meeting the rare characters. Does anyone remember the line for Boo at Pixar Weekend? My point exactly. If they have a good turnout maybe that will help change some of their minds.

IlikeDW

But according to some in management and Guest Relations guests only want to meet the popular characters(which is a load of crap). I wish they would fully realize that many fans enjoy meeting the rare characters. Does anyone remember the line for Boo at Pixar Weekend? My point exactly. If they have a good turnout maybe that will help change some of their minds.
Careful, If it's too popular we may end up with a new mid January hard ticket event. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom