Logistics w/ friends coming for one night

tem325

Original Poster
Hey everyone!

Our friends live in FL about two hours away from WDW and are going to drive up and join us for the Mickey's Xmas party at the MK one night and probably stay in our room.

When we check in, should I say we do have a car so I can get them a parking pass for their dash? Or, does Disney allow visitors to park at the resorts? Trying to figure this one out....

I noticed that it's a $15 fee per guest per night over 2 people. So, should i just tell the front desk that on Fri 12/9, we'll have two more people and give them their names so they can check in and get a parking pass when they arrive (my husband and I will already be at the parks when they arrive)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Explain your situation when you check in (skip the online check in option). Your friends can be added as day guests for 12/9-12/10. Sometimes day guests are not charged the $15/per person fee, but be prepared to pay it. They can be given a room key card but likely won't get a parking pass for the dashboard since resorts are doing away with them. (MagicBands are now scanned at resorts and parks for parking.)

Visitors are allowed to park at resorts. When your friends arrive have them tell the guard they are visiting you.

Minnie Mum

I will disagree with a couple of things Tuvalu said. If your friends will be staying the night, then you have to register them for that night.

Day guests are USUALLY allowed to park at the resort for the day, but this is sometimes not allowed at some of the Deluxe resorts during the busiest times of the year.

Your friends will be given magic bands when they check in. Some resorts still issue paper parking passes to be displayed on the dashboard, although the magic bands will work to operate the lift gate at the resort entrance.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I will disagree with a couple of things Tuvalu said. If your friends will be staying the night, then you have to register them for that night.
I did say to add the friends as day guests to the reservation. "Day" guests are eligible to spend the night. I have added a "day" guest for several days and for whatever reason was not charged the extra person fee. However this is likely the exception and I told the OP to be prepared to pay the additional charge.

Day guests are USUALLY allowed to park at the resort for the day, but this is sometimes not allowed at some of the Deluxe resorts during the busiest times of the year.
Agree, but the OP will be staying at Coronado Springs (see signature) which is not adjacent to any of the parks and has plenty of parking.

daisyduckie

I did say to add the friends as day guests to the reservation. "Day" guests are eligible to spend the night. I have added a "day" guest for several days and for whatever reason was not charged the extra person fee. However this is likely the exception and I told the OP to be prepared to pay the additional charge.

Agree, but the OP will be staying at Coronado Springs (see signature) which is not adjacent to any of the parks and has plenty of parking.

At any rate, it is up to the resort on if they will charge you the extra person fee or not. Technically they are supposed to charge it, but sometimes they will waive it to be nice.

slappy magoo

I did say to add the friends as day guests to the reservation.

Not exactly what you originally wrote, but I agree with what you originally wrote - explain the situation to the front desk. There's a good chance the front desk will register them as guests for the one night, but perhaps not, especially if the OP is on a dining plan, and technically everyone in a room has to be on the same dining plan. So adding them would mean splitting the stay up to time-before-guests, night-with-guests, time-after-guests, with different (or no) dining plans for each stint. The front desk might not give them magic bands if they're only going to the MVMCP that night - maybe the guests already have them, or a plastic pass that works the same way - but the front desk can add parking privileges to the OP's magic band who can travel with the guests if they opt to drive to TTC that night.

Either way, the OP should let the front desk know what's up. I"m sure plenty of people with similar situations don't let the front desk know and nothing happens, but you wouldn't want to wind up being the example WDW decides to set for other people who try it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom