Loews Sapphire Falls to open in summer 2016

dreynolds1982

Agreed that it looks nice, even pretty, but doesn't seem to do much to differentiate itself from a theming standpoint. Looks more like an Orlando area higher-end Hilton or something, which isn't a bad thing. Just surprised by the sort of soft theming. That being said, it's just concept art. Hard to get a good gauge.

Mike S

Time share. The quality of Coronado Springs.
image.jpg

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Is it just me or does anyone want these new UNI hotels to force Disney to build fitness centers in all of their resorts? They have to match UNI on an amenity like that, right?
While I'd like it if there were fitness centers, they certainly don't have to match. I doubt anybody is gonna choose Uni over WDW because of the fitness center. And WDW charges much more for rooms thank UNI does as is.

And come to think of it, a WDW vacation is one of the few times I don't need a fitness center. With the amount of walking to enjoy the parks, I get enough of a workout, thank you.

BrerJon

It doesn't have that wow factor Cabana Bay did, and does feel very generic, but having a convention hotel is a very good idea, it helps sell the resort as being a destination in itself, instead of a side-trip.

I think Universal are playing a long game here... one one side expanding the parks to get people in the habit of coming back regularly, and on the other establishing quality themed hotels which offer everything Disney does and more, for a cheaper rate, to get people to at least have to weigh up whether they want to be based in Universal or Disney for their vacations.

StageFrenzy

It looks more like a convention hotel, quasi generic new Vegas style rooms. I could see the RP convention area becoming the Sapphire convention area.

DisneyDaver

Is it just me or does anyone want these new UNI hotels to force Disney to build fitness centers in all of their resorts? They have to match UNI on an amenity like that, right?

It would be nice if that were the case, but unfortunately I don't think WDW feels the need to respond to UOR on the big stuff UOR is doing, let alone the smaller perks like fitness centers at the resorts.

danpam1024

So because it has the boat and a TS restaurant, I'm guessing this would be classified as a "moderate"???? It still bothers me what is happening at CBBR already, hoping the price point will be high enough to keep out the trash and still low enough for impromptu trips :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom