wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Loews Sapphire Falls to open in summer 2016 at Universal Orlando

BxGFT89CEAAJoj9.jpg:large

flynnibus

Premium Member
The hotels this past summer were overcrowded a bit. The demand is there. The big question is what happens after this one

I've been a bit surprised at how low the rates are at Cabana Bay. Still, I don't think this is overbuilding. I do think they are running out of land at this point, so perhaps this'll be it, at least walking distance to the parks.

I'm just gun shy over 'rapid expansion' and prefer to see the tortoise run the race.

It seems like both orlando parks are at opposite extremes.. WDW dragging things out.. UNI racing ahead. I don't think either are right, but hoping for greater balance so we don't get these huge reactionary swings.

GLaDOS

I'm just gun shy over 'rapid expansion' and prefer to see the tortoise run the race.

It seems like both orlando parks are at opposite extremes.. WDW dragging things out.. UNI racing ahead. I don't think either are right, but hoping for greater balance so we don't get these huge reactionary swings.

No doubt. I think building a convention space into the hotel makes it a bit "fail proof", if you will. Loews and Uni have always been able to make money off the convention business.

the.dreamfinder

Mike S

The announcements are starting. Didn't someone say that the official announcements of the water park and King Kong were coming soon as well as the hotel? That might have been on Orlando United and not here though.......

Milla4Prez66

The announcements are starting. Didn't someone say that the official announcements of the water park and King Kong were coming soon as well as the hotel? That might have been on Orlando United and not here though.......

I expect the water park to be announced first, but Kong to open first. Kong will open in Spring 2016 and the water park in 2017 to be the answer to Avatar. For next year we'll probably just see a museum and new night show for UOR's 25th anniversary.

Mickey_777

That is rather bland and uninspired looking.

I don't know if I'd call it uninspired but it definitely does not evoke "Caribbean" to me. They need to do something about those rooftops. From the concept art (granted, it's just concept art) it doesn't look much different than many of the other nicer resorts in Orlando. The waterfalls look cool though.

Mike S

Alternate concept art from Orlando United. I think this one was earlier and the new ones are what's final.
image.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom