wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
T.J. Wollard at Tower of Terror is by far the most "in character" of any CM I have ever seen at WDW. Anyone lucky enough to meet him around the hotel, or have him to load your elevator will have a great experience.

He has been there for as long as I can remember, and really sets the standard for all the bellhops at ToT. TJ is a great example of how a CM can add so much more to the guest experience, and make a great attraction even greater!

wannab@dis

Do you have a picture of TJ? There's one CM at ToT that we have always admired. I have a picture at home, but was wondering if it's the same CM?

If so, you're 100% right. He's a GREAT CM and always adds to the experience. I only felt bad about asking for a picture with him and not the other CM standing nearby. :lookaroun

saltmom1

Cousin Jason at 50s Prime Time Cafe. He had photo albums to show hia customers and even sat and talked with us. He helped make our trip ! :sohappy:

Testtrack321

wdwmagic said:
TJ at Tower of Terror is by far the most "in character" of any CM I have ever seen at WDW. Anyone lucky enough to meet him around the hotel, or have him to load your elevator will have a great experience.

He has been there for as long as I can remember, and really sets the standard for all the bellhops at ToT. TJ is a great example of how a CM can add so much more to the guest experience, and make a great attraction even greater!

YES! Another TJ fan! I think I saw a pic of him awhile ago. BTW, he's seen in many WDW shows when they show ToT, he's the guy who says after he loads the car: "Please do enjoy your stay!" TJ also has this freaky eye thing going on and his devilish smile.

There was another cool one, but I forgot his name.

Pic, he's on the far right.

Tower_bellhops.jpg

Magic Maker

That is wonderful. I am glad he gets into the role so well. I hope we, as a Company, are lucky enough to have him around for a long time.

SpongeScott

wdwmagic said:
TJ at Tower of Terror is by far the most "in character" of any CM I have ever seen at WDW. Anyone lucky enough to meet him around the hotel, or have him to load your elevator will have a great experience.

I'm not a ToT fan (fear of falling), but I met him at the rope drop one morning. Very nice guy and does get into character greatly. He's one of the best.

Wilt Dasney

TJ was my trainer during my brief stint at ToT, and I got the chance to pick his brain a bit during my first week on the job. He's Disney all the way, in how he views storytelling and what CM's are there to do.

One thing he said to me that I still remember. He asked me what I thought a CM was in the business of doing, and when I faltered a bit, he gave me his philosophy: "I sell memories."

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Isn't this the same guy that is on all the Travel Channel (Lightship Entertainment productions) specials when they have a segment on T.o.T.?

With his catch phrase "And I hope you enjoy your stay" as the elevator doors close.

Wilt Dasney

unkadug said:
Isn't this the same guy that is on all the Travel Channel (Lightship Entertainment productions) specials when they have a segment on T.o.T.?

With his catch phrase "And I hope you enjoy your stay" as the elevator doors close.
That's him.

wdwishes2005

I LOVE it when the ToT bellhops are really into it, I have only had one or two bad CMs there, they didn't even talk to us, they were just asking each other what movie they wanted to see that night....

surfsupdon

Ahh, yes, TJ is an amazing member of the Cast. I, too, have several pictures with him. Always a fun time, and always a slightly scary time with TJ!!

Thanks buddy!!

Since1976

I had TJ when I rode ToT during my honeymoon in 2002. He was great. The creepy eye thing got a big laugh. And the "Do enjoy your stay" as the doors close.

This is in stark contrast to the CM who loaded us on ToT on our subsequent trip a few weeks ago. She was as bland as bland can be. I wanted to say, "This is the Tower of Terror, not the bus to Orlando International!" I might have been more forgiving if it were late in the day, but it was not even an hour into the parks' operating day...

wdwishes2005

Since1976 said:
I had TJ when I rode ToT during my honeymoon in 2002. He was great. The creepy eye thing got a big laugh. And the "Do enjoy your stay" as the doors close.

This is in stark contrast to the CM who loaded us on ToT on our subsequent trip a few weeks ago. She was as bland as bland can be. I wanted to say, "This is the Tower of Terror, not the bus to Orlando International!" I might have been more forgiving if it were late in the day, but it was not even an hour into the parks' operating day...
was she sort of short with sort of off blonde hair? Oh, and Joshua is a great bellhop too.

Slipknot

wdwmagic said:

TJ is one of the reasons I want to work over at ToT!!! I've only seen him 10 - 20 times and never had him as a load Bellhop.. yet (waiting for my 500th ride on ToT, only 4 more to go!). Whenever he is at the gate (greeter) he always thanks me (or anyone who passes the gate from the exit) for staying at the Hollywood Tower Hotel. Like someone said earlier, his philosophy is "selling memories." I try to do that in Tomorrowland, but there is no real part to play like he has over at Tower, or even at Haunted Mansion. :D Oh, well. At least I can request a transfer soon. :)

I remember watching the Travel Channel specials and seeing him and saying "Hey thats the CM I saw in 2002! He was great!" So now I know that that's the famous TJ. Haha..what a great job he does! I didn't see him my last trip in 04..but I only have 95 days :)brick: hopefully it'll come fast) until I can possibly see him again.

Snaps for TJ!

BellhopMicah

T.J. is a friend of mine :) (as if the countless pictures I have with him aren't a clue! LOL)

He's one of the reasons I love the Tower so much and want to work there as a bellhop. I really look up to him. He's always been the most themed and nicest bellhop at Tower, it's not surprising that so many people adore him. Plus, he's almost always there, so it's not hard to find him. :D

LouDisney

I have seen TJ many times. He is awesome!!

I remember one year, they was this really tall guy, with a deep voice, looked to be in his mid 20's working at the HM. He was working at the door, when you entered the HM. In his deep voice, he would say "move along bodies". He was really good, he would never smile, and that deep voice made it great. I love when CM's get in character like that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom