mainstreet1997

Original Poster
Yay! What a great thread!

A few weeks ago we checked into our DVC home resort, Boardwalk. For you to fully understand this story I need to back up to last year. Last year, we were given a handicap room. THis did not work for four adults with luggage (there was no place to put our bags) and the shower leaked water due to the lowered edge.

Anyway...

SO we walk into the lobby and check in. Were walking to our room on the second floor and my mom is muttering the whole time "this better not be a handicap room". Well I never saw the room because she walked in...and walked right back out (it was).

We went back to the lobby and got back in line. While we were waiting a gentleman in a suit came up to us and asked if there was anything he could do for us. My mom told him the whole story and he said "Let me see what I can do."

A few minutes later he came back with our new keys and told us that our new room was on the 4th floor -- exactly what we wanted. We were also told before that there were no rooms on the 4th floor and NO rooms Boardwalk view. So were walking down the hall and my mom is looking around and she says "Im not sure, but I think we might have a Boardwalk view!" I ran ahead and out the window I could see buildings...our room looked out over the CHristmas tree in the courtyard, the Boardwalk and we could see the EPCOT ball! We also found out later we could see the Illuminations fireworks from our room. Those of you who have been there, our room was on the 4th floor, right above the Wyland art gallery.

So thank you DJ, for a great start to a great trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom