sbkline

Original Poster
We visited WDW from April 23-30 2007. On Tuesday, April 24, we visited Epcot and I had previously decided that I wanted to meet Art Lark at the Beach Club.

I had seen him on Samantha Brown's "Great Hotels" where she featured the Yacht and Beach Clubs. Then, I had seen his picture in a travel brochure for Disney and I saw him somewhere else as well, although I can't remember if it was on a video, TV show or another publication. Anyway, I thought it would be neat to meet him in person, so I made a point to go over there on the day we visited Epcot.

He was a very pleasant man and I enjoyed my short visit with him. Wonderful person. I wanted to trade pins with him, as Samantha did on her show. So we did some pin trading and I got a pin in the shape of a book with 6 stamps on it that said "Illuminations". The next day, a CM at Animal Kingdom noticed that pin and told me that it is worth alot of money. Whether it is or isn't, it's kind of special to me, knowing every time I see him on Samantha Brown's show, I'll know that I met him in person and got a pin from him.

My thanks to Art for helping to make my trip memorable. If you happen to read these forums and see this post, I appreciate your kindness. Hopefully we'll be back next year and if so, hopefully we'll have a chance to stop in and see you again. :wave:

Nemo14

..."and the gentleman and the lady and the lady and the gentleman...."

I love him, even though he doesn't like it when I wear my Grumpy hat.

sbkline

Original Poster
Who is Art?

He's a greeter at the Beach Club resort. He's black and he wears a blue and white uniform that looks kind of like a sea captain's uniform. He wears a captain's hat and gloves.

If you've ever seen the Great Hotels episode where Samantha Brown visits the Beach Club, he's the jolly greeter that Samantha talks to about pin trading, and she later traded a pin with him.

WDWKat26

I traded a pin with Art a few months back. He had a 25th Anniversary Pin (That was actually from the 25th Anniversary!) and he told me that Donald was his favorite character. So I went and purchased a Donald pin to trade with him, it was great :)

Patsfan28

He's a greeter at the Beach Club resort. He's black and he wears a blue and white uniform that looks kind of like a sea captain's uniform. He wears a captain's hat and gloves.

If you've ever seen the Great Hotels episode where Samantha Brown visits the Beach Club, he's the jolly greeter that Samantha talks to about pin trading, and she later traded a pin with him.

Thank You! I was positive that was him but didnt want to make a fool of myself. Although I have never talked to Art, I have talked to the greeter at the Yacht Club. Everytime I go now, he says hi and remembers my name :) hes a top notch individual!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom