Locals, clear security at OIA faster?

TTATraveler

Sounds like a neat idea, although you would have to travel frequently to make the $80 annual fee worth it. The only thing that concerns me is that once you pass your original clearance, it looks like you just show the card and do the iris/biometric thing and boom that is it. What is to stop you from carrying anything through TSA checkpoints that shouldnt be? I wonder if metal detectors will still be part of the check in for "Clear" people.

Phosphate

Just to clear some stuff up on the program. You still have to go thru the metal detectors. The only thing that the program allows you to skip is the area where the security guards are checking ids to plane tickets. So instead of getting out your ID you'll just stick your thumb or eye and viola.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm deciding now whether or not to sign up for this.... I'm planning on doing quite a bit of travelling in the last quarter of 05, but am I doing enough to justify spending $80?

Phosphate

mkt said:
I'm deciding now whether or not to sign up for this.... I'm planning on doing quite a bit of travelling in the last quarter of 05, but am I doing enough to justify spending $80?

I would wait a few weeks/month since you said you weren't doing alot of travel till the end of '05. My parents went to get the ID stuff done and after you give them your eye and thumb then they do some kind of crazy background check on you before they issue you your card. *edit* No clue how long that takes/end. So I would wait a few weeks/ maybe a month, see if you can get any info on the lines and if it is any quicker to do deal with the ID Check line with the program. So I guess it would depend if the line is indeed quicker is it worth the 80$ for your time to skip the *edit*ID check point line?

TTATraveler

Phosphate said:
Just to clear some stuff up on the program. You still have to go thru the metal detectors. The only thing that the program allows you to skip is the area where the security guards are checking ids to plane tickets. So instead of getting out your ID you'll just stick your thumb or eye and viola.

Ok, that sounds better. Are the lines that long though at OIA to warrant $80/year? Whenever I have been there it has been a maximum wait of 15 minutes or so, which to me is tolerable. The same has been true for me at Newark. Then again, I try to avoid peak travel times and holidays.

Phosphate

TTATraveler said:
Ok, that sounds better. Are the lines that long though at OIA to warrant $80/year? Whenever I have been there it has been a maximum wait of 15 minutes or so, which to me is tolerable. The same has been true for me at Newark. Then again, I try to avoid peak travel times and holidays.

Well if you hit it at the wrong time, i.e. a return date after a major holiday and at the wrongtime, it can be a pretty long wait. The highest I've seen was a 20 min wait posted, and I don't even think it took 20 mins. I guess it just really depends on what happens after you get your id verified if it is no wait for a metal detector or you get put into the regular line.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom