Living with the Land; new narration ?

MerlinTheGoat

The AA's were in horrendous condition when I visited fall of last year. Almost nothing was moving in the Rainforest scene, just some feeble spasms here and there for a small few of the figures. The buffalo were barely moving too. Ride needs some major TLC, it reminds me of Splash Mountain prior to its 2013 cleanup now. Depressing because this is one of the few worthwhile attractions left at EPCOT.

You're gonna need one of these...;)
View attachment 79948
Do they have the option of hover conversion? We're supposed to get flying cars sometime this year according to Back the the Future 2, right? :p

I meant design wise (the fountain, the mural ...)
The central area was lovely, loved the fountain and mural. I think the balloons used to move as well...

FigmentsFangirl

Original Poster
Only things that worked in the rainforest scene was the alligator popping out of the water, one butterfly and the gater opening/closing its mouth, the monkey that pulls water onto the boat roof is just sitting there looking stupid drunk or something

Mike S

Only things that worked in the rainforest scene was the alligator popping out of the water, one butterfly and the gater opening/closing its mouth, the monkey that pulls water onto the boat roof is just sitting there looking stupid drunk or something
Thought as much. Bad show Disney, bad show..........

Little Green Men

What they really need to update is the light boards behind the scrim at the end, featuring people and crops from around the world. This may have looked fun and futuristic in 1982, but it's just awkward now, especially with the cheesy music they play there now. And while I love how that whole area (including the archway over the ride flume) has a neat angular design, it looks pretty dated by today's standards, especially since it's all painted black as if they're trying to hide something
I think that was added in 1993. Before that it was the research lab. I'm not sure if the window was where the finale is now or on the other-side, but if it is in the same spot that's probably why it's black.

RSoxNo1

What they really need to update is the light boards behind the scrim at the end, featuring people and crops from around the world. This may have looked fun and futuristic in 1982, but it's just awkward now, especially with the cheesy music they play there now. And while I love how that whole area (including the archway over the ride flume) has a neat angular design, it looks pretty dated by today's standards, especially since it's all painted black as if they're trying to hide something

8162976794_08fb4c228d_z.jpg

This is one of the few places where I would fully support installing some sort of screens that show motion pictures. I like the idea of making a connection between crops and the people who consume them, but this approach is just so incredibly dated

That, and getting the roll-up doors between the greenhouses operational again. I can't imagine it's good for the plants to have the various ecosystems at the same temperature
Bring back the original Listen to the Land song here. Fyi, I'm sitting in the land pavilion as I write this post.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I was hoping the title of this thread would signify that Disney had accepted my "Rap about the Plants" as the new narration for the ride. I have alluded to the old song by mentioning "good melon rinds" several times in my otherwise X-rated lyrics. Come on Disney. It is time to grow up and get with the times!

blm07

I think the narration can be changed out rather easily depending on what they want to talk about on the tour. Maybe a certain plant isn't looking too good, so they just take that part out. Maybe they just have the guy remake the entire spiel every time something changes. The timing can be off at any given point, probably depending on if the boats are backed up or whatever, so a spiel might begin playing before or after it's supposed to.

ItlngrlBella

I miss having a live cast member guide, it always made it more fun I thought
We had rode it right before they got rid of the live CM narrators. It was nice because she would answer questions and add info that seemed to be seasonal. Disney is a business and a "tape" is more cost efficient... Unfortunately. IMO, The move to recorded narration brought the ride down a notch.

SnarkyMonkey

Should they modernizate Living With The Land, or tear it down?

I see what you are saying, and I'm always excited when rides get updated so I'm not opposed to that, but I don't think everything has to be a headliner attraction. (I just posted something similar in the Imagination thread.) I think there is something simple and refreshing about LwtL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom