Living with the Land; new narration ?

FigmentsFangirl

Original Poster
Hey folks; Just rode Living with the Land today after meeting back up with Figment over at Imagination and the narration is vastly different than what it used to be.

for several reasons.

1: The timing of the narration; the first part of it up to the notes of staying in the boat while going through the greenhouses seemed better and more properly timed {still original narration here}
2: The living greenhouses sections are all different with only scant original bits still in the narration; the timing however has recently been properly fixed in all areas it seems.

The last time I rode the timing was so screwed up that half way through one bit of info it cut to the next bit overall, its the same ride, with something of a more smoother, less choppy, and much more informative narration than what used to be there

FigmentsFangirl

Original Poster
Last time I rode was 5 September 2014; timing was screwy, there was nothing about the waterlilies in the greenhouses, and the boats moved too quickly; there was also no mention of the tomatos growing on trees today when I rode it, normally that "here is something you do not see everyday, tomatos growing on trees" quote cuts off the quote about the nutrient film system midway; now both quotes are gone

FutureWorld1982

The narration in the greenhouse section was updated a few months back to reflect some changes in the Tropics greenhouse and the ending (the Aquaculture area).
Also, just as I mentioned weeks ago, the Cast Member position known as video monitor has been moved backstage. No more waving to tired CMs! ;-)

hpyhnt 1000

The narration in the greenhouse section was updated a few months back to reflect some changes in the Tropics greenhouse and the ending (the Aquaculture area).
Also, just as I mentioned weeks ago, the Cast Member position known as video monitor has been moved backstage. No more waving to tired CMs! ;-)

That took them long enough.

I know the greenhouse narration has gone through a couple revisions over the years. If anything, at least it means the greenhouses are being updated regularly. I assume the narration for the indoor/dark ride portion remains the same?

RSoxNo1

When was the last time you rode LwtL? The new narration has been in place for several years.

Last time I rode was 5 September 2014; timing was screwy, there was nothing about the waterlilies in the greenhouses, and the boats moved too quickly; there was also no mention of the tomatos growing on trees today when I rode it, normally that "here is something you do not see everyday, tomatos growing on trees" quote cuts off the quote about the nutrient film system midway; now both quotes are gone
They were testing a new narration in mid-September on one of the boats. It was on all of the boats by mid-November.

tl77

I miss the 80's The Land. The building had such a certain vibe which I can't really describe. Maybe it's the color scheme, the decor, I dunno but I really miss the 80's-ness!!

I agree, it was much more of a unique environment back in the day, now it just feels like a fancy food court at a mall or airport or something

These first 2 are 1980's

EPCOT1.jpg

thelandthen111222.jpg

..and this is 90's, blue and orange walls, more colorful umbrellas & Food Rocks

Land-Jeff-Carson.jpg

EDIT: found a nice shot of the original mural too
09-08-82%20The%20Land%20Atrium.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom