Living Seas/ Sea Rovers

Chad

Original Poster
I have always been intrigued with the prospect of making motion simulators REAL. Some of you may remember 'Mission to Bermuda Triangle' that played at sea world for awhile. This borrows from it somewhat. This new ride would be a part of the living seas, and would be added onto it in between the land and the living seas, making a new building to house it. Out fornt of the living seas, a sign would welcome you to the sea base alpha dispatch station, and owuld offer two methods of getting to sea base alpha. ONe, by using the currenyt hydrolators, and two, by taking the sea rovers to the station. It would also indicate that the sea rovers offer a tour of a sunken spanish galleion as part of the tour. Those who choose the rovers would go to the left, and enter into the queue area, weaving around some undersea exhibits, which would feature alot of information on undersea volcano's and earthquakes <hint hint, wink wink> So, you finally get to your rovers. I haven't decided on which rover I like better. I have two designs, both of which are available below. It is important to notice that both are able to drop the car quite a bit, and that both are abale to spin the car 360 degrees in a corkscrew like fashion. The cars them selves would resemble submarines of course. You would enter into them, and the seating would be very similar to ToT. I'm not sure If I want to have them enclosed, or opened. Enclosed, it would look more realistic, but you have to take into account air circulation and such. I am going more for leavign them open, but I'm not sure. The sub would move through coral reefs. Lighting would be moving about and an aquamarine color, making it look like you're underwater. AFter floating through some coral reefs, you would find the sunken ship and go in, the first thing you would be greeted by would be a ship beam that would fall, hitting your ship, not causing any major damage, but making your ship falter and shake. AFter a short tour, featuring many quick ascencding and descending manuvers <guranteed 'air time' suppliers> you would exit and begin to head back to the sea base, upon exiting the ship, an under sea volcano goes off, blowing billows of black smoke out, rocks fall, and one hits your sub, forcing it into a fault line that has opened up. Now your sub is moving through a canyon, rocks and boulders falling, while smoke shoots out throgh the water, your car rocks back and forth, and spins around trying to dodge the debris, hitting some now and then. After awhile, it seems like the quake is over, and your sub rests on a rock while it assess damages. Suddenly, a rumbling is heard, and the ground shakes, red light underneath the vehicle start lightening up, and the sub starts back up, looking down to see that they are actually sitting right ontop of an avtive volcano that is ready to blow! The sea cab shoots up, and starts speeding up, narrowly escaping the volcano! Your car then drives into sea base alpha, and you exit, and are free to explore the sea base! Thats the ride! Now, a few side notes. The sea cabs that you can ride after the hydrolators would also have a loading area INSIDE the sea base, so the people coming off the sea rovers can ride through and look at the fish. Now lets take a look at the ride vehicles. Underneath, you'll see that there are two. ONe with a big steel arm and the other with cables supporting it. Either way, the vehicles can drop and raise up, and spin around. The one with the arm allows more motion, while the cable supported one is somewhat limited. But the cable one, I believe would be much cheaper and easier to build....Whatya think?

Chad

Original Poster
Sheesh....How do you change images into Jpeg? I can;t do it! AHHHH!:confused: :confused: :confused:

Attachments

• searover1.bmp
    336.4 KB · Views: 155

woofboy111

I couldn't get the img to load on my computer once I downloaded it, so I have a few questions. Are the cars hanging from the ceiling or rolling along the ground? Also, I think it needs a new story before disney Builds it. Its a little bit too much like Sea Worlds old ride, and I don't think Disney would like a lawsuit.

Chad

Original Poster
Actually, If I remember correctly, none of that really happens in the Sea World ride. In that one, your sub loses power, and the car plummets and hits stuff. Then you run into an antenna that still has power in it <go figure..> and are able to resurface...This one focuses around earthquakes and underwater volcanos...The cars would be suspended from the ceiling.

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by WDW-Imagineer
I like your idea. Just one question, would this effect the current omni-mover ride in the Living Seas?

looks like it would effect the omni mover. cause everybody would be flocking the other way on his idea. come on chad lol living seaa is already on reduced hours. you trying to shut it down now lol. i'm kidding, just giving you a hard time. but u might want to put a some attention not so much on the rovers cause people would lose intrest in doing the other.

woofboy111

Originally posted by Chad
Actually, If I remember correctly, none of that really happens in the Sea World ride. In that one, your sub loses power, and the car plummets and hits stuff. Then you run into an antenna that still has power in it <go figure..> and are able to resurface...This one focuses around earthquakes and underwater volcanos...The cars would be suspended from the ceiling.

Wow...Theres a lot I forgot about that ride!!!

Chad

Original Poster
Yeah, I had the Omni Mover in mind! If you read through the first post a bit more, you'll see that I had a plan for em'. Making the Omnie movers a round trip, and making the current UNLOADING area in the actually sea base a LOADING area aswell would allow the people who rode the sea rovers to get on the omnimover and ride around the undersea tank....I think that would solve the problem :)

WDW-Imagineer

Ok great, because that is my favorite part of the pavillion, nice and relaxing like the Tomorrowland Transit Authority (my favorite MK ride :D )

d dude

hey, why not build a hole new bigger better building in Animal Kingdom insted of building a new part on the current living sea's?

Goofster

Hmm, I don't think so. I'm all for an ocean area in AK, but taking out Living seas makes Epcot seem too, well, I'm not sure, It's hard to describe, but TLS needs to stay in Epcot, in whatever form it takes. The Living Seas add life, unfortunately, yeah, eventually we probably will see an ocean land in AK, and that could mean the end of TLS.:(

Chad

Original Poster
WHy not put one in both? I don't think it would matter too much. One could just focus on the animals more. But I do agree with goofster, Living seas is one of my favorite attractions there...Its not coming out!!

WDW-Imagineer

It would cost Disney way too much money to remove LS. I mean you have the world's largest salt-water tank inside the pavillion. Now tell me thats not gonna cost a very bucks to drain, dismantle, and clear. Plus you have to put all of the wildlife somewhere (can't just flush em down the toilet :p)

Chad

Original Poster
Well, you'd need a very BIG toilet...

I had an Idea for a sea land in AK, it was Atlantis (Not the one from the movie) and it featured some interesting stuff..Should I repost?

Goofster

Those were sweet ideas, but I think disney is pretty upset with the fact that Atlantis sunk, not stunk, it was great, but it sunk. I doubt we'll see any Atlantis in wdw.:(

Chad

Original Poster
But the concept art I came up with wasn't like the Atlantis movie, it was just Atlantis, as if it really existed

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom