Living seas might have a sponsor!!

DisJosh

Moose you should have e-mail soon.........turn your Private message feature on here at the boards so we can talk that way.

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
I'll try to get it on but almost everytime I try to submit it, the internet freezes up. That's the one problem with having RoadRunner Online. :(

mightyduck

Originally posted by markymark
You start off with a film and then you go into the Hydrolators which take you to Sea Base Alpha, you then board buggies which take you thru the tanks and then get off and walk round a split level area, again thru the tanks, plus there's loads of other fun stuff to do there, plus the manatees.

I live close to several aquariums, but I love the manatees at the living seas....

Maybe Chicken of the Sea could be a sponsor... or Bumblebee...

markymark

Originally posted by MickeyMoose15
The Living Seas is too much like Sea World that many people avoid it or spend little time there because they don't want to ruin their trip to Sea World later.

Sorry - gotta disagree there.

I don't think that people miss LS just because of SW or because it has lost its sponsor. I think that the people that don't go are doing it coz they don't want to - simple as that.

People who have an interest will go to both, the idea of one competing against the other doesn't really work - One is a theme park, one is just a small (ish) attraction within a much bigger park.

mightyduck

Sorry - gotta disagree there.

I don't think that people miss LS just because of SW or because it has lost its sponsor. I think that the people that don't go are doing it coz they don't want to - simple as that.

People who have an interest will go to both, the idea of one competing against the other doesn't really work - One is a theme park, one is just a small (ish) attraction within a much bigger park.

I agree, Marky. I think it needs to be updated though....I remember in the mid- to late-80s, the line would stretch into the courtyard out front, and you would wait for the sign to splash you.... I think people don't go as much because there's not much new...

But I love the manatees. :)

markymark

Originally posted by mightyduck

I agree, Marky. I think it needs to be updated though....I remember in the mid- to late-80s, the line would stretch into the courtyard out front, and you would wait for the sign to splash you.... I think people don't go as much because there's not much new...

But I love the manatees. :)

Yep, It HAS to be updated in some way, I mean I love the Hydrolators, but I think they are showing their age now. I am sure it wouldn't take a lot to update and I am sure if they did it right more and more people would visit again. I don't think I have ever waited more than 5 mins to get in.

mightyduck

Yep, It HAS to be updated in some way, I mean I love the Hydrolators, but I think they are showing their age now. I am sure it wouldn't take a lot to update and I am sure if they did it right more and more people would visit again. I don't think I have ever waited more than 5 mins to get in.

Yes, I think that's a sign when attractions people used to queue up for are nearly empty anymore... Test Track can't be siphoning off all those visitors...

DisJosh

The Living Seas is a bit too boring compared to Sea World, so I would guess that is why some people avoid it.

When do ppl ever avoid it?! I always wait in long lines to get into LS! Are you sure thats not just your opinion?

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
I been down to Disney World a number of times and every time I've gone it has been virtually empty. But then again it has been during the November/December period which may be slower then when you go down. Let us just say that The Living Seas is no longer in its prime.

markymark

The Living Seas is a bit too boring compared to Sea World, so I would guess that is why some people avoid it.

OF COURSE IT IS!!!!!

SW is an entire theme park, LS is is just one attraction!! It is that obvious. There is bound to be more in SW. I mean how are they going to get an entire Penguin Enclosure, or the Pacific Pint Preserve into the LS - IMPOSSIBLE.
LS is supposed to give us an insight into the, erm... "Living Ses", not highlight all aspects of the sea. SW has got so many attractions there is absolutely no way that LS can compare.

DisJosh

OF COURSE IT IS!!!!!

SW is an entire theme park, LS is is just one attraction!! It is that obvious. There is bound to be more in SW. I mean how are they going to get an entire Penguin Enclosure, or the Pacific Pint Preserve into the LS - IMPOSSIBLE.
LS is supposed to give us an insight into the, erm... "Living Ses", not highlight all aspects of the sea. SW has got so many attractions there is absolutely no way that LS can compare.

Right! so you relly cant compare the two!

wdwmaniac

DO you think that Disney would make there 5th park DisneySea and make it like a sea world and the one that the already have in toyko.

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Tokyo DisneySea just involves man's life around the water. There are just attractions but no exhibits or animal encounters. Is there anythin like that in Port Discovery?

<SRH>

I will admit the LS is not as packed as it used to be. I can remember waiting in a line outside, then in a line inside in that walkway. I do think they could use a new movie, and maybe even a ride of some sort. I take my 4 year old niece in there, she is fascinated at the fish in the tanks. So not everyone is "bored" with it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom