Living Seas Ideas

dbogue

Original Poster
hey everyone. now, two trips ago we skimmed through the living seas, and we didn't evne go near the "aquarium" part, so then this most recent trip (june '05) we decided to check that out.....and it wasn't much at all! (in my opinion) now, i also have seen the video of the seacabs from many years ago, and im sure you have heard of disney brining that back for nemo. which is a pretty cool idea i guess. Now, what I think they should add is another level. Like a place to ssee the dolphins etc on top of the water, maybe some feeding (a little like sea world, yes) etc. now you may say, but then you lose the atmosphere of the living seas! well I say they add a dome roof on top of that "upper level" and use some imagineering to make that ceiling look like your under-water. So you still have the feeling of being at Sea base alpha. Oh, and of course change the modulators ( i think thats wat they are called) with some better technology. What does everyone else think? (sorry for the typos haha)

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
dbogue said:
hey everyone. now, two trips ago we skimmed through the living seas, and we didn't evne go near the "aquarium" part, so then this most recent trip (june '05) we decided to check that out.....and it wasn't much at all! (in my opinion) now, i also have seen the video of the seacabs from many years ago, and im sure you have heard of disney brining that back for nemo. which is a pretty cool idea i guess. Now, what I think they should add is another level. Like a place to ssee the dolphins etc on top of the water, maybe some feeding (a little like sea world, yes) etc. now you may say, but then you lose the atmosphere of the living seas! well I say they add a dome roof on top of that "upper level" and use some imagineering to make that ceiling look like your under-water. So you still have the feeling of being at Sea base alpha. Oh, and of course change the modulators ( i think thats wat they are called) with some better technology. What does everyone else think? (sorry for the typos haha)
well, where do i start.

the modulators were hydrolators and they have been gutted so dont worry about them. the ceiling idea is neat but way to expensive..... try a backstage tour to feed and interact with the dolphins.

i cant recall what Sea Base Alpha has changed too..... but i think it has been shortened. maybe Sea Base Nemo. anyway, good brainstorm... bad budget wise.

seaworld has dolphin feeding :lookaroun

DisneyGrown-Up

When did they get rid of the hydrolators? Granted, they were pretty cheesy, especially when I found out the secret behind them, but it added to the experience.

Oh, well.

Sincerely,

John "DisneyGrown-Up' Kilduff

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
DisneyGrown-Up said:
When did they get rid of the hydrolators? Granted, they were pretty cheesy, especially when I found out the secret behind them, but it added to the experience.

Oh, well.

Sincerely,

John "DisneyGrown-Up' Kilduff
it was my favorite part of the SBA theme. i think it was a true symbol of great imagineering....... and they gutted them in this last Nemofied rehab

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
jmaxwell007 said:
it was my favorite part of the SBA theme. i think it was a true symbol of great imagineering....... and they gutted them in this last Nemofied rehab
My favorite part of the hydrolators was the occasional guest comment when we got off. "Man I always hate elevators. They always make my ears pop"

The wife and I always got a chuckle out of that.

kcnole

I've heard a rumor that someone actually tried to sue disney saying the pressure from going that far under water messed up their inner ear or something.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
kcnole said:
I've heard a rumor that someone actually tried to sue disney saying the pressure from going that far under water messed up their inner ear or something.
I wouldn't doubt it. Disney is the most sued company on the planet. The number I heard was that on average 1 lawsuit against Disney is filed every day.

the-reason14

Master Yoda said:
My favorite part of the hydrolators was the occasional guest comment when we got off. "Man I always hate elevators. They always make my ears pop"

The wife and I always got a chuckle out of that.

Its funny cuz the first time I went into LS was back in, I think 2002 or 03. And I just read in a book about the whole thing behind the hydrolaters, and when I took my dad and my aunt in there for, I think, their first time, they automatically looked and knew that we werent actually moving at all.

You could tell somewhat, because the only real motion you felt was the floor being jerked, and then think about florida being mostly swampland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom