Trip Report Living My Dream

(Alternate Title: Keeping Up with @Tuvalu)

Hi everyone! I'm Brooke, and this is my second trip report!
I graduated from college in May and took a job teaching 1st grade in the Orlando area (with @blgauger :)) It took waaay too long for me to get my AP, but I finally did it this weekend! :joyfull:
I figured I'd follow Brittany's lead and start an ongoing report, eventually with a table of contents if I can figure all that out :confused:

Attachments

• IMG_9847.JPG
    IMG_9847.JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:

wishes2013

Original Poster
I finally decided to buy my pass on Saturday around 7:15 in the evening. I thought I could make it to HEA, and I was close, but not close enough:mad:. I was on the tram at 8:15, and had to go to will call at the MK entrance since the TTC counters were closed. Who would have thought the line would be so long at 8:30?! They had 3 windows open, but we could all see more cms standing around in the back. ONe family was at one window for 45 minutes at least,and then one cm closed her window! I'm sure her shift was over, but the line was still soooo long. I ended up waiting an hour, and the finale was going off as my turn at the window started:banghead:

I wasn't about to not go into the park after all that, so I became the fish swimming against the current to get to the hub.
IMG_0488[1].JPG

I was going to wait around for the projection show, but decided to keep heading towards my Big Thunder. I used my FP, and then the park was closed, so I slowly made my way back towards my car.
IMG_0490[1].JPG

I spotted this on my way out
IMG_0493[1].JPG

yes that is a service pony...

The monorail was broken down, and the water pageant was going on, so I waited forever for a bus to take me to the TTC. It was a short first visit with my AP, but still a decent start to a fun new journey!

wishes2013

Original Poster
I love Magic Kingdom, but Epcot has my heart. Something about the entrance music, and Spaceship Earth in all her glory, it just gets me every time...
IMG_0496[1].JPG

...so I went to Epcot yesterday
You know how when you are not at WDW, and you wish you were on a ride at that very moment? Spaceship Earth is the ride I most often wish I were on. (I don't know why, I just love it). Sooo, naturally that was my first ride.
IMG_0497[1].JPG

Garlic Bulb Head
IMG_0499[1].JPG

IMG_0500[1].JPG
IMG_0501[1].JPG

I had a FP for Soarin' as well, but had a few minutes to kill. Nemo was only a 10 minute wait, or walk through the queue. Seriously though, I feel like Nemo never has a line, and there should be a better way to open it up so I don't get so dizzy weaving through all the railings :depressed:

I headed toward Soarin, and was sent to the B terminal. I think. It was straight ahead. I also got the last row:( I would have asked to wait, but I knew I'd have more chances to ride. The distortion was AWFUL. Everything was weird. I just feel like there should have been a way for them to avoid that.
I rode Living with the Land (with a FP) and grabbed another one for Soarin' for when I was done.
IMG_0503[1].JPG

My second ride was much better. I was going to wait for a front row, but I ended up front and center, I believe it was Terminal A. I also sat beside this guy who was with his wife, and both were soo nervous. The wife had ridden before, but was terrified of heights, but he had chickened out. He was asking all these questions, and when we took off he could barely contain himself. He just kept yelling "This is incredible!" It was definitely the highlight of my day. I love getting to see people experience the magic of Disney for the first time:happy:

My only other goal was to ride Universe of Energy for the first and last time in my life. It was so bad I didn't even attempt to take a picture. :bored:

I grabbed a FP for Test Track, and all throughout the queue they were making announcements about approaching severe weather. It started to rain just as my car got to the outdoor section :(
I took that as my cue to leave.
I made the rookie mistake of forgetting my raincoat:banghead:

Attachments

• PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_404020270655.JPG
    PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_404020270655.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:
Love this idea.:) We arrive to our new home in Florida in exactly 22 Days!!!! My parents go to Disney once a week and have totally fallen in love with Disney Springs...they grab a drink and listed to the bands play. It's Amazing to me that we can make fp's the same day...go to the park for a few hours...and then head home to sleep in our own bed.:) :p:D:inlove::in pain:

Driver

Love this idea.:) We arrive to our new home in Florida in exactly 22 Days!!!! My parents go to Disney once a week and have totally fallen in love with Disney Springs...they grab a drink and listed to the bands play. It's Amazing to me that we can make fp's the same day...go to the park for a few hours...and then head home to sleep in our own bed.:) :p:D:inlove::in pain:
Isn't it great ! We almost feel guilty. Can go whenever you want on a whim, even if it's only to go on a single ride that you feel like or a particular treat you are craving. I have told DW so many times we are blessed, there are folks out there that dream about that kind of opportunity. I think one of my favorite things to do is, not only micro explore every nook and cranny of every park but also visit the resorts as well. The resorts have a lot to offer IMHO. We like to visit them toward evening they all have something going on that's interesting.

Driver

I love Magic Kingdom, but Epcot has my heart. Something about the entrance music, and Spaceship Earth in all her glory, it just gets me every time... View attachment 221434
...so I went to Epcot yesterday
You know how when you are not at WDW, and you wish you were on a ride at that very moment? Spaceship Earth is the ride I most often wish I were on. (I don't know why, I just love it). Sooo, naturally that was my first ride.
View attachment 221436
Garlic Bulb Head
View attachment 221439
View attachment 221440 View attachment 221441

I had a FP for Soarin' as well, but had a few minutes to kill. Nemo was only a 10 minute wait, or walk through the queue. Seriously though, I feel like Nemo never has a line, and there should be a better way to open it up so I don't get so dizzy weaving through all the railings :depressed:

I headed toward Soarin, and was sent to the B terminal. I think. It was straight ahead. I also got the last row:( I would have asked to wait, but I knew I'd have more chances to ride. The distortion was AWFUL. Everything was weird. I just feel like there should have been a way for them to avoid that.
I rode Living with the Land (with a FP) and grabbed another one for Soarin' for when I was done.
View attachment 221442
My second ride was much better. I was going to wait for a front row, but I ended up front and center, I believe it was Terminal A. I also sat beside this guy who was with his wife, and both were soo nervous. The wife had ridden before, but was terrified of heights, but he had chickened out. He was asking all these questions, and when we took off he could barely contain himself. He just kept yelling "This is incredible!" It was definitely the highlight of my day. I love getting to see people experience the magic of Disney for the first time:happy:

My only other goal was to ride Universe of Energy for the first and last time in my life. It was so bad I didn't even attempt to take a picture. :bored:

I grabbed a FP for Test Track, and all throughout the queue they were making announcements about approaching severe weather. It started to rain just as my car got to the outdoor section :(
I took that as my cue to leave.
View attachment 221443
I made the rookie mistake of forgetting my raincoat:banghead:
I can feel your excitement, it's great isn't it? I'm like a little kid myself but I don't care I'm having fun and I'm not bothering anyone. (might be driving my wife nuts LOL) Enjoy! See you in the park

wishes2013

Original Poster
Congratulations on your AP! I am sure you will get a lot of joy out of it.
Thank you! It hasn't even been a week yet and I am loving it!

Going to the parks for a few hours in the evening has been like, my lifetime dream:) It is so nice to not feel rushed, and to ride whatever you feel like riding, knowing you can come back at any time.

Isn't it great ! We almost feel guilty. Can go whenever you want on a whim, even if it's only to go on a single ride that you feel like or a particular treat you are craving. I have told DW so many times we are blessed, there are folks out there that dream about that kind of opportunity. I think one of my favorite things to do is, not only micro explore every nook and cranny of every park but also visit the resorts as well. The resorts have a lot to offer IMHO. We like to visit them toward evening they all have something going on that's interesting.
I am really looking forward to exploring the "hidden" areas of WDW!
@wishes2013 your comment about Universe of Energy makes me feel less guilty about never riding it:)
Seriously though o_O It was a waste of time. I could have gone my whole life without it

becca_

Ahh! My dream!! Just today, I kept thinking of how awesome it would be to be able to just go ride Living with the Land right now. You are so lucky! I may have to take the Florida plunge once I'm done with college :angelic:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom