Live-ish Photos from the New Disney Magic!

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
And this? This is a serious downgrade in the Atrium to me. Does it look any better in person. I think it's hideous compared to the custom blown glass that was there.

Chuck, I haven't wanted to say anything but the atrium chandelier does concern me as well. It lacks that "oooh" grandiose feeling the main chandeliers usually have. I'm sure @Disneyfalcon has some better, more detailed shots (if I know her at all :D) so I'm still holding out hope. Then again, the atrium on the Magic is far more intimate than that of the new ships. If they did 1 massive chandelier any larger than what was previously there it might feel out of proportion to the space in both size and scale. I suppose I'd need to see it in person to truly get the overall feel.

Okay, I admit it. I didn't love the chandelier. It's not ugly at all, I just didn't walk in and say, "Wow, that's gorgeous!" It's pretty, just not amazing. I totally agree with Kelly, I think they decided to put something smaller up there. The other chandelier was so big for that little atrium, especially when you were on deck 5 looking at it. I think they wanted something with a smaller footprint.

sweetpee_1993

Okay, I admit it. I didn't love the chandelier. It's not ugly at all, I just didn't walk in and say, "Wow, that's gorgeous!" It's pretty, just not amazing. I totally agree with Kelly, I think they decided to put something smaller up there. The other chandelier was so big for that little atrium, especially when you were on deck 5 looking at it. I think they wanted something with a smaller footprint.

Yep. On the Magic the old chandelier did seem sorta large-ish for the space. It wasn't enough to throw everything but it pushed the envelope for me. Not sure if a bank of varying fixtures was the right decision but what do I know. I'm not a designer. I do like that they took out 1 of the staircases and moved the Mickey statue out from in front of Lumiere's. In pictures it feels like those changes really opened up the area more.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Yep. On the Magic the old chandelier did seem sorta large-ish for the space. It wasn't enough to throw everything but it pushed the envelope for me. Not sure if a bank of varying fixtures was the right decision but what do I know. I'm not a designer. I do like that they took out 1 of the staircases and moved the Mickey statue out from in front of Lumiere's. In pictures it feels like those changes really opened up the area more.

Definitely. The whole area feels bigger.

wogwog

Oh my word, I LOVE the diaper dash!! We didn't have it, but it was only a 2 night cruise. I'm sure we just didn't have time. I bet they keep it! :)
They better. How else can I find out who buys drinks later that day. We like to view and make book from deck four.

Zortek

Nice report! One question: Do you know if the Twist n spout slide has a maximum height restriction? I've seen reports going both ways.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Nice report! One question: Do you know if the Twist n spout slide has a maximum height restriction? I've seen reports going both ways.

Thanks, Zortek! It did not when we were on. They said they were still debating whether to add one. I haven't heard the final word on it yet!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom