Live From New York, it's JenniferS' birthday ...

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
We're going to do an actual breakfast for Mike's birthday tomorrow, but today it's the usual.

IMG_5827.JPG

At least I got a pic of his breakfast sandwich before he inhaled it this time. Now that he has found the "free coffee", he's abandoned Starbuckies. That's less for me to carry up to our breakfast spot, so no worries.

Headed out. I couldn't post pics via LTE yesterday either for some reason, so maybe no updates until our afternoon break. And by break, I mean snooze.

Have a great day everyone.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
I am happy to say that most everyone was respectful. No sitting, climbing or clamouring, and very few selfies.

IMG_5985.JPG IMG_5986.JPG IMG_5988.JPG IMG_5991.JPG IMG_5992.JPG IMG_5995.JPG

Random names to me, but certainly not random to the friends and family who loved them and still mourn their senseless loss.
IMG_5993.JPG

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
This place was under consideration, until I saw the prices, and then nuh-uh.

IMG_6061.JPG IMG_6062.JPG

So we are going here instead. Oh boy, that turned out to be a good call!
IMG_6070.JPG

It's tiny, and packed.
IMG_6071.JPG

This table behind us was the only empty one I could see. And not for long.
IMG_6072.JPG

The menu.
IMG_6073.JPG IMG_6074.JPG

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Bread service. We went through two baskets of bread. The dipping sauce was divine.

IMG_6075.JPG

Salads.
IMG_6076.JPG

Mike's guitar spaghetti.
IMG_6077.JPG

I got the ravioli. It was so good.
IMG_6078.JPG

How good? I didn't share a single bite (although I did offer) and I was done before he was scarcely at the half way mark.
IMG_6079.JPG

Dessert for two. And by "for two", I mean two desserts.
IMG_6080.JPG

I only found the desserts to be pricey, but Mike says they were worth it. Everything else was quite reasonable.
IMG_6081.JPG
This is where we're coming next time @NYwdwfan.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I am happy to say that most everyone was respectful. No sitting, climbing or clamouring, and very few selfies

Glad to hear that. I've been to the Observatory and walked around the reflecting pools. Haven't been Brave enough to visit the museum.

Some government entity recently decreed that an additional monument should be added to "Ground Zero" to remember all the first responders who've died because of that day.

When they get around to erecting it, my only sibling's name will be on it. My brother served as a Marine in the first Gulf War, came home and joined NYPD. He was the sergeant in charge of the morgue that was set up at Chelsea Piers in the aftermath of 9/11, and he died 2 years ago after suffering for 1 year from 9/11 related cancer.

I never buy these things, because I am cheap.
And yet ...
View attachment 223538

They are hard to resist. I have one too. :)

Katharine Hepburn's townhouse is less than 300m from our hotel, so we went for a wee stroll before dinner.

244 East 49th St.

Just goes to show you never know it all. This is my "something new" I learned today. About my own hometown!!

NYwdwfan

Glad to hear that. I've been to the Observatory and walked around the reflecting pools. Haven't been Brave enough to visit the museum.

Some government entity recently decreed that an additional monument should be added to "Ground Zero" to remember all the first responders who've died because of that day.

When they get around to erecting it, my only sibling's name will be on it. My brother served as a Marine in the first Gulf War, came home and joined NYPD. He was the sergeant in charge of the morgue that was set up at Chelsea Piers in the aftermath of 9/11, and he died 2 years ago after suffering for 1 year from 9/11 related cancer.

Just goes to show you never know it all. This is my "something new" I learned today. About my own hometown!!
I'm so sorry for your brother. It's just awful how many people were directly affected by that tragedy, both on 9/11 and the months and years to follow.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster

I too, am so sorry about your brother. :cry:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I'm so sorry for your brother. It's just awful how many people were directly affected by that tragedy, both on 9/11 and the months and years to follow.

Thanks, I really appreciate it. This year, NYPD added 34 names to their Wall of Heroes (those who died in line of duty). Only ONE of them was shot on the job last year. The other 33 died from 9/11 related cancers.

And next year, they anticipate even more of them. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom