Live EPCOT Center updates - Friday, August 14th, 2009

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Ooo, high five for updating us throughout the day! It's very much appreciated. :D

When's the last time they had SSE on the Guidemap? Me thinks it's time to bring it back! By the way, fingers crossed that the walls up in the IBM area is the return of SMRT-1... :lookaroun :eek:

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
Well, I'm back, I got one more picture before my phone battery died.

The countdown has begun...
picture.php

CELEBRATE OR ELSE!!!

There wasn't much else worth updating on, anyways, EXCEPT there are some new fireworks and new sparkling strobes on the Earth globe in IllumiNations! I think I might have seen that reported elsewhere in another thread, but there you have it. I also love the fact that they've kept the additional laser patterns during Chaos from when the inferno barge was out. Good to see them plussing the best show at Walt Disney World!

Hope you enjoyed the report!

EPCOT Explorer

New lighting and plant removal sound good' Would you like an Epcot logo floral with that?
Is Spaceship Earth round?:lookaroun:lol:

YES!!:p

picture.php

CELEBRATE OR ELSE!!!

There wasn't much else worth updating on, anyways, EXCEPT there are some new fireworks and new sparkling strobes on the Earth globe in IllumiNations! I think I might have seen that reported elsewhere in another thread, but there you have it. I also love the fact that they've kept the additional laser patterns during Chaos from when the inferno barge was out. Good to see them plussing the best show at Walt Disney World!

Woah, woah, woah...Last part. New pyro? Where? New types?

I know Wishes got some love early in the year(looking forward to see if I can see the news shells!) but what's this now...:lookaroun

Jasonflz

I like the new colors of the Innoventions plaza. I wonder if Disney is planning to do anything with the inside though.

As for the pins, glad to hear Dreamfinder has been re-appearing on the pins. I certainly don't think Disney would do that to just please the fans...

ttalovebug

picture.php

CELEBRATE OR ELSE!!!

Can anyone elaborate on these additions to ROE? Has anyone else seen them?

I like the F&W poster. They always seem to do a good job with the festival art.

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
Well, what I remember in particular was during the section I believe is described as either Celebration or Meaning, when the colored spotlights are roving around, shortly before all of the pavilions light up for the second time. Previously, there had been no pyro at that moment, but now there are these kind of streamers set off from the surface of the water in a circle around the Lagoon. That's the best I can describe it. It seems like there was something else, too, but it escapes me at the moment. The sparkling strobes on the globe were really cool, really went well with the ones on the pavilions.

Cmdr_Crimson

The new Innoventions Theme still has a bit more left to do.
1.Remove Tarps.
2.Remove Checkerboard flooring.
3.re-paint buildings.
4.Disney officialy refers to buildings as Blue and Green.
5.Possible return of Tom Morrow 2.0
:animwink:

Hearing this...Made me very happy...And made me think of these!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r70oYihFVbQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Hr5GCgbYms
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWR414laRY8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PodX6uqfH-k
DSC00959.jpg

EPCOT Explorer

Ooo, high five for updating us throughout the day! It's very much appreciated. :D

When's the last time they had SSE on the Guidemap? Me thinks it's time to bring it back! By the way, fingers crossed that the walls up in the IBM area is the return of SMRT-1... :lookaroun :eek:
SSE was last on in 2000....With the wand.:dazzle:
Well, what I remember in particular was during the section I believe is described as either Celebration or Meaning, when the colored spotlights are roving around, shortly before all of the pavilions light up for the second time. Previously, there had been no pyro at that moment, but now there are these kind of streamers set off from the surface of the water in a circle around the Lagoon. That's the best I can describe it. It seems like there was something else, too, but it escapes me at the moment. The sparkling strobes on the globe were really cool, really went well with the ones on the pavilions.

Hmmmm....The sounds normal to me. By streamers, do you mean commets with a colored tip?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom