Live EPCOT Center updates - Friday, August 14th, 2009

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
Hello all! I'll have a few photo updates for you from around the Eighth Wonder of the World today! First off, well... it looks like we kind of got our wish for a new guidemap cover... :lookaroun
picture.php

EPCOTPluto

Well, it's nicer than Nemo...

But why is it so hard to not put something else besides the current attractions on the maps?

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
Sad fountain...
picture.php

There appears to be a new-ish pin starter set for each park...
picture.php

Dreamfinder still continues to appear in new merchandise. Hopefully this is a good omen, that this is Disney trying to keep a minimal awareness of him in the minds of the average Guest who would be more prone to buy this kind of thing.
picture.php

EPCOTPluto

:eek: FoN not working again or was it temporarily down?

And yes, was tempted to buy the booster set, but realized that most likely, Figment will pop up in a CM's hip lanyard somewhere else later...

And Dreamfinder has been appearing for a few years here and there. I guess it'll take time, but it seems to me he's returning.

Not yet, but still... :)

WDW1974

The guidemaps at WDW are a continuing joke to anyone who recalls when they actually had guidebooks with substance.

EPCOT Explorer

NEW MAPS!?:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

YES!:lol: even they are not SSE, or even something newer, WOOHOO! :D M:S looks much better on the front then Nemo.:lol: Fits the park spirit better.

Can't wait to pick one up on Mission: EPCOT in a few days.:D

Nice pin set, too...Love that DF is making his slow return. Sad is right about FoN, though...But at least it has water.

Nice work, Matt!

HMF

hello all! I'll have a few photo updates for you from around the eighth wonder of the world today! First off, well... It looks like we kind of got our wish for a new guidemap cover... :lookaroun
picture.php
alleluia! Our long national nightmare is over.

RoRo

I love that Nemo is gone off the map cover, I rather see something that actually is something more Epcot instead of a character. I would wish they would ditch the light blue color scheme on the guide map and change it to grey and black when they first displayed M:S on the cover(I still have the guidemap). Light blue just does not fit with the color the guidemap is now.

EPCOT Explorer

The guidemaps at WDW are a continuing joke to anyone who recalls when they actually had guidebooks with substance.

This is true, however. I don't know what 1970's MK Maps were like, but the 1982 EPCOT Center Wheel Maps were and are amazing. Very happy to own a original one.:eek:

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
Updated Innoventions Guidemaps! It's too bad they don't include ALL of Innoventions like they should, the southern quadrants with MouseGear, Fountain View, and Club Cool.

East side, notably with a blurb about the upcoming Sum of All Thrills.
picture.php

West, including the new Great Piggy Bank Adventure.
picture.php

The new Safety Smart Lab addition to the UL Test the Limits Lab in Innoventions East looks to be almost done. This will feature Timon and Pumbaa.
picture.php

You know, sitting here in Innoventions East, working on this post, has made me realize what a perfect example the UL 'exhibit' (I use that word lightly) is of the terrible contrast between CommuniCore and Innoventions. You walk into CommuniCore and it was open, inviting, light, somewhat soothing, somewhat compelling, not at all noisy, maybe a little soothing, easy to navigate, and all-around pleasant. Innoventions dark, very noisy, chaotic, visually abrasive, maybe a little intimidating, obviously very randomly laid out, claustrophobic, and overall quite meaningless. I've seen at least three or four parties walk in, take a look at what's going on, and walk right back out, all within the past few minutes. Setting aside any personal bias, it would seem to me that the CommuniCore model for the pavilion would be more attractive to potential sponsors. How many people walk in here on a daily basis, see the insanity that's going on, and move right on without even getting a glimpse of the companies that might be displaying cool stuff?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom