little mermaids wait times now like dca's.

disney4life2008

I think the queue takes longer to walk to the attraction than the attraction length itself. It takes 7 minutes just to walk from the front to board the clamshells.

I did not believe it until I experienced it. That queue is tragic. And the ride is a cheap looking display. If the wait time is more than 10 minutes I will pass. But as of yet, it has been walk on when ive been there

Kevin_W

I disagree with this. I was there June 2-6, same week as you.

I didn't ride splash this trip because lines were always too long. Space I rode near closing time for same reason. Skipped Pan too because of long wait times. Nothing has changed except many attractions that didn't have long lines now do.

Except Mermaid which is underwhelming.

We were there the same week and rode Splash 3 times. Once with FP+ and twice walked on. That's why real aggregate data beats anecdotal experience.

AEfx

It's also an Omnimover with a huge capacity...

Precisely.

The CM's are better trained, the processes and procedures are ironed out, there are prone to be less mechanical breakdowns that lead to a 101 after the initial shake-out period. And yes, the initial "gotta all run at the same time" brand new thing has worn off, as well.

This is how an omnimover is supposed to work, folks - I know Disney tends to muck them up (as much as I love the stretching room at HM, it pretty much defeats the purpose), if it was a total walk-on with no wait whatsoever all the time, that might be one thing, but the entire ride system was designed to minimize wait and maximize guest output.

Leave it to a Disney message board to complain about too short wait times. ;)

Sped2424

Original Poster
We were there the same week and rode Splash 3 times. Once with FP+ and twice walked on. That's why real aggregate data beats anecdotal experience.
You data could be completely preposterous considering how you don't have a timestamp or proof other than your word. Your argument could be used on almost everyone's claims here. But considering how I tend to spend a lot of time in the parks splash is never walk on unless its 1. raining 2. late at night (after wishes), or early morning 3. it just came back from going down.

Sped2424

Original Poster
Precisely.

The CM's are better trained, the processes and procedures are ironed out, there are prone to be less mechanical breakdowns that lead to a 101 after the initial shake-out period. And yes, the initial "gotta all run at the same time" brand new thing has worn off, as well.

This is how an omnimover is supposed to work, folks - I know Disney tends to muck them up (as much as I love the stretching room at HM, it pretty much defeats the purpose), if it was a total walk-on with no wait whatsoever all the time, that might be one thing, but the entire ride system was designed to minimize wait and maximize guest output.

Leave it to a Disney message board to complain about too short wait times. ;)
Incorrect, this is not a complaint that the wait times are short. But rather noticing that once the big thing opened for fantasyland people were rather disenchanted with the ride much like fans at DCA. And the cm's had this ride trained 2 months after opening, the fact is this ride isn't pulling in what it used too. The only variable that has changed since then is the mine train opening. And it was not a total walk on with no wait whatsoever. It always had a good wait time from 40 and up. And from the times that I went I walked straight into loading.

cw1982

You data could be completely preposterous considering how you don't have a timestamp or proof other than your word. Your argument could be used on almost everyone's claims here. But considering how I tend to spend a lot of time in the parks splash is never walk on unless its 1. raining 2. late at night (after wishes), or early morning 3. it just came back from going down.

FWIW, I had a similar experience that same week. We rode splash 4 times. Once was with a FP, 3 times without. One of those 3 was right after rain, so I guess that could explain it. The other two times were later in the evening. None of those were more than a 25 minute wait. The person you quoted didn't mention what times they rode. Sounds like that's the crucial piece of information here.

arko

was there 2 weeks ago arrived at 8pm on a Saturday night(7th)and did the following rides all pretty much walk on including Splash where there was only 3 of us in the log. Started at 8pm and was finished around 10pm, and this was mostly because I kept checking to see what the standby line looked like at 7DMT.

Mermaid (walk on)
Haunted Mansion (5 minutes)
BTMRR (5 minutes)
Splash Mtn (walk on) at around 9:30pm
POTCC (walk on)
COP (walk on)

BrianLo

Good news, it's settling into its true purpose, which is a tried and true people eater in Fantasyland (the merits of the attraction are another discussion).

The other good news is they can actually afford to take the attraction offline to receive the DCA upgrades, there was no way they were going to touch it with 120 minute waits before.

DManRightHere

I guess everyone is at frozen. Heck, even right now 7dmt is only 90 minites. Mermaid is 35.

Does it really matter how long the line is? As long as there is no line it could always be running capacity. I figure about no one looks at it that way.

AEfx

Incorrect, this is not a complaint that the wait times are short. But rather noticing that once the big thing opened for fantasyland people were rather disenchanted with the ride much like fans at DCA. And the cm's had this ride trained 2 months after opening, the fact is this ride isn't pulling in what it used too. The only variable that has changed since then is the mine train opening. And it was not a total walk on with no wait whatsoever. It always had a good wait time from 40 and up. And from the times that I went I walked straight into loading.

Okay, so you mean, the "only" variable that has changed (in your oh so humble opinion, of course) is the brand new ride got another brand new ride a few hundred feet away, which stole some of it's "OMG this is brand new! We have to go there first!" thunder?

No way!

Your anecdotal experience does not = folks being "disenchanted" with the attraction. You have to get out of that Internet pundit mentality that doesn't realize that 90+% of the folks who enter that ride every day have never been on it before, never been exposed to the Internet-hate around it, and therefore aren't full of the unreasonable expectations regarding some Internet pundits.

But really, whatever, LOL. No idea who you are or why you are ranting about the ride, or what you are trying to "prove". It's a lovely little dark ride, and has a very fast loading ride system. You are looking for fire where there is no smoke to begin with. Keep raging against the mermaid LOL - she's tough, she can take it.

Sped2424

Original Poster
Okay, so you mean, the "only" variable that has changed (in your oh so humble opinion, of course) is the brand new ride got another brand new ride a few hundred feet away, which stole some of it's "OMG this is brand new! We have to go there first!" thunder?

No way!

Your anecdotal experience does not = folks being "disenchanted" with the attraction. You have to get out of that Internet pundit mentality that doesn't realize that 90+% of the folks who enter that ride every day have never been on it before, never been exposed to the Internet-hate around it, and therefore aren't full of the unreasonable expectations regarding some Internet pundits.

But really, whatever, LOL. No idea who you are or why you are ranting about the ride, or what you are trying to "prove". It's a lovely little dark ride, and has a very fast loading ride system. You are looking for fire where there is no smoke to begin with. Keep raging against the mermaid LOL - she's tough, she can take it.
I still trying to discern what is going on here. Are you speaking for ariel?

AEfx

I still trying to discern what is going on here. Are you speaking for ariel?

Haha, yup, that's it, guy.

But thanks to your comment, I looked at your profile - silly me, I should have known better - I forget that children post here as well.

NWDMD

Am i late to the FP+ is screwing up wait times party? We waited over 30 minutes for journey into imagination. I had never seem a line that long for it. Even living with the land had a long line.

We found that fp+ may be getting people out of the parks earlier.... We started taking a break in the afternoon and coming back after dinner and walked on a lot of stuff.

IAmFloridaBorn

When we were there June 5-16 and walked on to Pirates every time, 7DMT waits were 90+, Peter Pan was always at least 45 min and Haunted Mansion swelled up to 75 min.
As often as I've been to Disney, I've never been on Peter Pan because the wait times have never been lower than 50 Minutes :D

voodoo321

Just back from DLR. The new and improved lighting on LM makes all the difference. The last time I was there it was the same "showroom" lighting as in Florida. The new lighting is more atmospheric and uses more blacklight and I imagine the figures were repainted as well. You barely notice the mobiles and the ceiling as your attention is drawn more to the characters. Vast, vast improvement. Hopefully this one will get the same treatment soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom