Little Mermaid to receive Updates?

Jabbas

Your random 4 year old isn't going to be bothered by lighting issues on a ride. I love Disney as much as everyone else but let's not forget who the park is really aimed toward. I feel like everyone needs to have something to complain about. If you don't like the ride, don't go on it. I think it's a great addition to the park. There are some rides at Disney that I don't like at all but I am not going to sit and complain about something that's not even geared toward my age group. I'll just steer clear of it.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Your random 4 year old isn't going to be bothered by lighting issues on a ride. I love Disney as much as everyone else but let's not forget who the park is really aimed toward. I feel like everyone needs to have something to complain about. If you don't like the ride, don't go on it. I think it's a great addition to the park. There are some rides at Disney that I don't like at all but I am not going to sit and complain about something that's not even geared toward my age group. I'll just steer clear of it.

But this isn't a case of people complaining just to complain. The ride obviously has problems otherwise they wouldn't be spending the money in DCA to make changes to it. If this one happens it will actually be the second round of changes that the DCA version got. Someone in Disney felt that the ride had flaws that needed to be corrected.

OMG I hope i didn't start all this commenting about being 4 years old. I only mentioned my nephew was 4. We as adults all thought the ride was magical. Doesn't bother me at all what frame work i can see. Just to have the ride built instead of another pixar/avatar/marvel area is whats important to me.

tl77

But this isn't a case of people complaining just to complain. The ride obviously has problems otherwise they wouldn't be spending the money in DCA to make changes to it. If this one happens it will actually be the second round of changes that the DCA version got. Someone in Disney felt that the ride had flaws that needed to be corrected.

The guests at DCA constantly complained about it, that's why some one a Disney decided to change it

Skibum1970

It could. But who would pay?

If Miceage can be believed at all, MK's Mermaid won't be fixed for a while. Not until MyMagic is running smoothly and generating income. I don't know how long it will take to become fully functional but I'll bet that it won't be this year.

Sometimes, Mermaid has a long line and sometimes it is a walk-on. I can't get a good feel for how the majority of people feel about it. Most may not notice or care about the items discussed on these forums.

Matt

Logan and Olivia's dad
Premium Member
If Miceage can be believed at all, MK's Mermaid won't be fixed for a while. Not until MyMagic is running smoothly and generating income. I don't know how long it will take to become fully functional but I'll bet that it won't be this year.

Sometimes, Mermaid has a long line and sometimes it is a walk-on. I can't get a good feel for how the majority of people feel about it. Most may not notice or care about the items discussed on these forums.
I've seen both, too. Got a paper FP for it on our last trip b/c standby was 45 minutes. Come our return time, the standby was 5 minutes. Go figure.

TP2000

Folks seem to be skeptical because this story is from the last few Miceage updates since last Fall. And only Miceage has reported on this story, no other online "insider" bloggers (what few are left and haven't been bought off with corporate swag) has mentioned it.

But the fact is DCA's Mermaid attraction is now listed on the official Disneyland.com refurb calendar as closing March 20th and staying closed into May. They must be up to something at that ride for it to close for two months over spring break in a busy theme park now pulling in 10 Million visitors per year.

Although DCA at 10 Million visitors per year without Mermaid open still has quadruple the number of rides that DHS has operating also at around 10 Million visitors per year. :eek:

Prototype82

Yeah, it would have been cool to get this version. But even at this point they seemed to struggle with the ending since it's out of sequence, they have Kiss the Girl is after Ursula is defeated.

My neurologically-sensitive little cousin would have been severely freaked out by that Ursula scene. Though I would have loved it....

Sped2424

Original Poster
Speaking of cross country refurbs not exactly matching, when will Orlando get the new 3rd lift effects from Disneylands BTM?

Oh.
We need that scene too, that room is just weird in the ride as it is at this point. It feels like something should happen, but nothing ever does.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
We need that scene too, that room is just weird in the ride as it is at this point. It feels like something should happen, but nothing ever does.

Speaking of which...I rode it last week and the little torch light at the end of the tunnel was not working.

That's right folks, DUE TO BUDGET CUTS BY TDO THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL HAS BEEN TURNED OFF

I was laughing the whole way up the lift hill.

RSoxNo1

That's the problem, the MK hasn't seen anything new in so long that people are willing to accept this eyesore filled attraction as the greatest attraction at WDW since Everest when IMHO the ride is mediocre at best.
There have only be two rides since Everest so this isn't really much of a statement.

RSoxNo1

With no new attractions expected to open in 2015 and 2016, I could see refurbishments with show scenes taking place as follows:
  • Little Mermaid upgrades to mirror DCA
  • Big Thunder Mountain upgrades to mirror Disneyland
  • Soarin' upgrades and third theater for Soarin' over the World
  • Star Tours upgrades to include new destinations.

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

2 seconds of visible steel is a lot better than about 60 seconds to see catwalks.
Oh, I definitely agree - although my biggest objection on Mermaid is the load/unload area. If you look up you can see the theming stop a lot more suddenly then the ceiling on the ride. Having said that, a black tarp would solve the visible steel problems in Everest. They've gotta have a leftover Yeti tarp they can use...

Scuttle

But I'll also say it's not just Mermaid. Has anyone ever looked at the ceiling during IASW? It's nearly as bad as Mermaid.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom