Little availability October 2018 from U.K.?

WDW_Jon

hi

Unsure if anyone has any idea as to why the whole place looks really booked up in October 2018?

Travelling from the UK and never had issue booking 12/15 months ahead of time and having the choice of staying pretty much anywhere onsite...

Only thing I could think is Toy story land or the fact many of the UK tour operators don't have their accommodations all available until 12 months before?

Any theories welcome! Thanks :)

Megatronus

Hi WDW_Jon -- I can't say for certain, but I think their site is just wonky. I'm guessing that's where you're looking? I'm looking for mid February 2018 and everything looks booked up too. All I see are expensive villas and suites for the higher end resorts. I've always book my Feb vacations around this time. Usually August through Oct is when I book. I've seen other threads where some people are having no issue, but others say they don't see any availability. Others say you should call. I would suggest calling and see where you end up. i haven't had the chance to do so myself yet.

Upvote 0

James J

In the Parks
No
I think there may be an issue with the site - I booked my trip from the UK for October 2018 just over a week ago and there was tons of availability.

Upvote 0

Megatronus

I think there may be an issue with the site - I booked my trip from the UK for October 2018 just over a week ago and there was tons of availability.

Yeah, you're not the first person to say this. There's a couple other threads of similar forum members reporting this. Some folks -- like me and the OP here -- seem to have a problem finding any availability for our trips; where as other users are booking with ease. I wonder what the difference is?!

Upvote 0

James J

In the Parks
No
Yeah, you're not the first person to say this. There's a couple other threads of similar forum members reporting this. Some folks -- like me and the OP here -- seem to have a problem finding any availability for our trips; where as other users are booking with ease. I wonder what the difference is?!

It's bizarre. Hopefully you guys all get sorted in the end!

Upvote 0

Tiggertoo56

We booked with no issues (early June) for Oct/Nov 2018 from UK, but couldn't do online due to number in party & no. of rooms needed. I know other people also had this problem. Might need to use a table agent? Have you tried Virgin or similar? There was loads of availabity when we booked. Hope you manage to resolve your issue. I can recommend a good local TA if your are around the Bristol area?

Upvote 0

WDW_Jon

Original Poster
Thanks for everyone's responses.

I'd looked through the WDW travel company but little available on resorts I was seeking in addition to Thomson who we used last time, they are not offering much as they stop flights for winter on 30/10 which seems strange.

Virgin also not much availability either so unsure...
We are looking at staying at the swan / dolphin so going to get availability on a stay then possibly virgin Atlantic.

Normally lots showing from experience as we e been plenty but something strange this time!

Someone else is spoken with suggested demand from UK is lower due to exchange rates etc and uncertainty from Brexit also meaning travel companies find it difficult to price as far ahead as before...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom