List of Spring '08 CPs

coilback

Anybody have a head count of all the spring cp's?? :lol:
Well idk how many of you have seen the thread for the reopening of S:E, but maybe we can all use that event to meet up and hang out. It's in Feb. so most of us will already be on our CP, sorry spring quarter people. :( I'm so excited about going, and I can't believe how fast the time is going! :sohappy:

Sounds like a plan. Just would have to get it organized and see if everyone would be off

filmgeek101

We should all deff meet up. Maybe the beginning of Feb. since alot of people (including me) don't get in till the end of january. I vote Adventurers Club...because everyone can get in (I'm pretty sure you only have to be 18) and I've never been there! It looks so cool!

coilback

We should all deff meet up. Maybe the beginning of Feb. since alot of people (including me) don't get in till the end of january. I vote Adventurers Club...because everyone can get in (I'm pretty sure you only have to be 18) and I've never been there! It looks so cool!

Sounds like a plan. I've never been in there myself.

JenJas87

sounds good to me but can we go after february 4th? thats the day i turn 21!!!:p

Figment82

Congrats and welcome to all of the incoming Spring CP's! Perhaps I'll meet some of you at some point (especially those of you who are going into Merchandise). :)

jenaeliz018

Name: Jena

College-Level(Junior, Senior, etc.): Junior
Session: Spring
Role: Main Entrance Operations
Arrival Date(if known): unknown as of right now.

I'm so excited that I got accepted & I look forward to meeting and getting to know everyone!! =)

coilback

I dont see a lot of other attractions people on here. Is it that they don't put a lot of CPs on there or is it just that there just isn't that many CP people on this board who have it ?

wdwdude423

Original Poster

I've never been, so I would love to meet up there!

Congrats and welcome to all of the incoming Spring CP's! Perhaps I'll meet some of you at some point (especially those of you who are going into Merchandise). :)

Cool! I got merchandise, hope to meet you soon. :D

emileekay04

I'm not going to be a CP.... I did the program from Jan-May of this year and had the TIME OF MY LIFE! I just wanted to let u all know to be prepared for the most amazing experience of your life :) I'm going back in Jan as a Professional Intern so hopefully I'll get to meet a lot of u! Be prepared to work crappy hours and wear hilarious costumes, but also to meet friends you'll have for the REST OF YOUR LIFE! I'm still in touch with MANY and we plan on all moving back to Orlando for good when we graduate school :)

wdwdude423

Original Poster
I'm not going to be a CP.... I did the program from Jan-May of this year and had the TIME OF MY LIFE! I just wanted to let u all know to be prepared for the most amazing experience of your life :) I'm going back in Jan as a Professional Intern so hopefully I'll get to meet a lot of u! Be prepared to work crappy hours and wear hilarious costumes, but also to meet friends you'll have for the REST OF YOUR LIFE! I'm still in touch with MANY and we plan on all moving back to Orlando for good when we graduate school :)

You mean they didn't give you enough hours to cover your expenses or they made you work too many hours? Also, what role did you have? I have merchandise so I hope I don't have the "crappy hours" role... lol. :D

joanna71985

I think "bad hours" can also be defined by working super-early or super-late hours. Lord knows I had enough of both of those on my CPs.

emileekay04

Sorry, I should have clarified myself better :) I worked crappy hours b/c I worked QSR in the Magic Kingdom.... it's my fav park to visit but the worse park to work in! Mainly b/c that park is the one that is usually open the longest and latest.... so you work til reallll late at nite sometimes. Also, during Spring Break.... for like 3 weeks total, be prepared to work 14 hour shifts, haha, it gets crazy! But, it's good money too so just try to keep a positive attitude!

My best friend worked at the Poly and she loved it and didn't have crappy hours.... well for the most part. She rarely worked late nites, usually just during the days. It's a lot nicer working anywhere besides the parks b/c u don't have to deal with, sometimes, the annoying screaming kids and angry parents, haha..... I also was given the opportunity to working at the Wide World of Sports in concessions during the Braves Spring Training and that was the best part of my program.... I loved that job! It was better hours, except sometimes REAL early hours, but it was definitely a lot LESS stressful and more free time :)

cam97

Name: Scott
College: Penn State
College Level: Senior
Role: Transportation
Arrival Date: 1/16/08

YAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!:sohappy:

filmgeek101

I don't know who could answer this question, but does anyone know if there is such a thing as requesting a day off in the CP?
I feel like the answer is a no, but I wish it was yes. I only live a few hours away, and would love to make time for a wedding if I could attend. I know they said in the letter to make sure you had all of those things in order, but idk what thats means.

JenJas87

I have talked to a girl who was a cp last semester and she said as long as you let them know far in advance you can probably get certain days off as long as they are not holidays/ peak season. I dont think it would hurt to ask

joanna71985

I don't know who could answer this question, but does anyone know if there is such a thing as requesting a day off in the CP?
I feel like the answer is a no, but I wish it was yes. I only live a few hours away, and would love to make time for a wedding if I could attend. I know they said in the letter to make sure you had all of those things in order, but idk what thats means.

There sure is. I have gotten my birthday (among other days) off 3 years in a row on the CP. Just make sure to request it off well in advance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom