1 person, 2 MDE profiles, How to combine them?

HurricaneHanna

Original Poster
I recently added a family member to my MDE account. He had an existing MDE account so we linked via invitation email. We both had another family member in common already listed in each of our accounts. Now that person has two different profiles, one managed by each of us (she does not have her own account). Neither of us can delete her because we both have her included in existing reservations. How can we merge her two profiles? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited:

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
I would call Disney. I recently accidentally had 2 profiles, one with my maiden name and one with my married name. It caused quite a bit of confusion on our last trip, where the FP I booked actually went on the wrong profile. Anyway, I have since called and they straightened it all out.

HurricaneHanna

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply.
Do you know what number you called? Yes this could cause a big mess because her resort reservation is on one account and her ADRs and older MagicBands are on the other. We all should have become "friends" before any reservations were made.

FoodRockz

This kind of stuff is impossible to solve on your own. You have to call them. I have a large family and our accounts got screwed up so many times upon the introduction of this system, I loathed calling them.

HurricaneHanna

Original Poster
This kind of stuff is impossible to solve on your own. You have to call them. I have a large family and our accounts got screwed up so many times upon the introduction of this system, I loathed calling them.
You're right. I don't know why I hate making phone calls so much! I started this thread 10 days ago hoping someone could save me from calling. Pretty silly of me since I could have had it solved by now. Thanks

Rob562

Actually, you solve it by having the person in question create their own account, even if this is the one and only time they'd be logging in themselves.

Set them up with an account, then one at a time each of you friend requests them. When they accept, anything connected to them on your account will move over to the new one. In the end, they have one account, with all Bands and reservations pointing to it.

-Rob

HurricaneHanna

Original Poster
Actually, you solve it by having the person in question create their own account, even if this is the one and only time they'd be logging in themselves. Set them up with an account, then one at a time each of you friend requests them. When they accept, anything connected to them on your account will move over to the new one.

-Rob
That was the solution I first suggested too but the person with two profiles didn't want to do it. She doesn't want any involvement with the planning so I think she assumes that with her own account she'll have to share the planning load. I might just tell her she has to, as in, "Rob from the help desk says this is your only option" :)

HurricaneHanna

Original Poster
@Rob562 , can you help me with one other question please? I made a reservation that included a baby who has never been to Disney so has no MDE profile. Now that baby is listed on my family list and it says that I manage his planning. It also says that management can't be transferred to another person. I'm not his parent, so this is a little weird. Will his father, who does have his own account, be able to make reservations and such for his own child, or do I have to be involved in everything? I've only ever planned trips where I made all of the plans myself and everyone was staying together the whole time. This trip will involve people splitting up some times and doing some things on their own.

Rob562

@Rob562 , can you help me with one other question please? I made a reservation that included a baby who has never been to Disney so has no MDE profile. Now that baby is listed on my family list and it says that I manage his planning. It also says that management can't be transferred to another person. I'm not his parent, so this is a little weird. Will his father, who does have his own account, be able to make reservations and such for his own child, or do I have to be involved in everything? I've only ever planned trips where I made all of the plans myself and everyone was staying together the whole time. This trip will involve people splitting up some times and doing some things on their own.

Children's accounts that are managed by someone get tricky. Ideally, a parent will create a profile under their account and manage it. You can still link to the child as a friend through their parents' account (using "add through people I may know"). The parent will get the friend request and accept on the child's behalf.

(The parent needs to have their friend list visible to others to make that work)

If the child doesn't have any tickets or reservations associated with them yet, just delete them and have parent create and connect to you.

If they have reservations or tickets it gets much more complicated. You *might* be able to extricate things yourself, but the MDE Help Desk may be required.

Oh, and regarding the original question, your friend doesn't have to worry about planning anything even if they have their own account. When I travel with friends I made them create their own accounts, but I plan and manage everything for hotel, dining, ticket linking, etc

-Rob

Last edited:

HurricaneHanna

Original Poster
@Rob562 thanks for answering my specific questions that I couldn't find answers to elsewhere.
These issues are because I made a second room reservation, using my DME account, for other family members to stay in. We should have gone about it another way. This could probably have all been avoided if we'd linked our family& friends list (and the baby had been added under his dad's account) before I made the reservation. Thanks again. I'm still going to have to make a phone call but at least I'll be better able to articulate my questions/concerns.

Last edited:

Rob562

This could probably have all been avoided if we'd linked our family& friends list (and the baby had been added under his dad's account) before I made the reservation.

Yeah, that's one thing I emphatically stress to friends when I help them plan for their trips. It seems like such a minor thing (pun semi-intended) but spending a couple minutes up-front getting profiles set up and linked to each other as friends *before* any reservations are made or tickets purchased will make things much easier down the road...

-Rob

HurricaneHanna

Original Poster
This is resolved. Thanks to everyone who responded. I did have to call the tech help desk. The person I spoke with completely understood my issues and in a matter of minutes had both my account, and the account of the other person I'm planning with, set up exactly like we wanted.
As mentioned above, if you're going to plan a trip with other people who have, or want to have, their own accounts, set everything up and send/accept friend requests before you make any reservations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom