Linking Tickets with Another Family

DisneyMomD

Original Poster
We are going on our Disney Vacation (in June!!) with another family (staying offsite) In order for us to book Fast passes together, do we need to buy our tickets all together, or can they be bought separately and linked? Will this linking also work for Memory Maker?

Thanks!

Jahona

I believe you can buy your tickets and link them to your My Disney Experience account. Add the other family to your Friends and Family section. Once you're able to choose your FP+ selections they should be able to see them as well and copy them once their FP+ selections are available.

Tom

Beta Return
If you're staying on-site, you will be able to book your FP+ at 60-days, while the rest of your family staying off-site can only book at 30-days.

However, as @Jahona said, everyone needs to setup a My Disney Experience account - both the on and off site guests - and link their own tickets. Then use the Friends and Family feature to "link" everyone for the purpose of this trip. Then, when they hit 30-days, they can try to duplicate your Fastpasses. But if there are things that are no longer available (like 7DMT), they won't be able to add them.

Traver Freeman

We are going on our Disney Vacation (in June!!) with another family (staying offsite) In order for us to book Fast passes together, do we need to buy our tickets all together, or can they be bought separately and linked? Will this linking also work for Memory Maker?

Thanks!

You'll need their confirmation number, but sure this works just fine. I did it with 2 other families staying on property, and then one family had friends come up just for a day, so once they bought their tickets, I added their confirmation number and it put them on the account.

Then you add fastpasses selecting all the people. It's fairly simple. The directions on MyDisneyExperience are very easy to follow.

I don't know about the MemoryMaker. I've not bought one, but I assume if it's attached to MyDisneyExperience it should work.

DisneyMomD

Original Poster
Thanks! I want to try to buy tickets this week (in case they go up in price soon!), so I'll just try to find out about Memory Maker.

Tom

Beta Return
You'll need their confirmation number, but sure this works just fine. I did it with 2 other families staying on property, and then one family had friends come up just for a day, so once they bought their tickets, I added their confirmation number and it put them on the account.

Then you add fastpasses selecting all the people. It's fairly simple. The directions on MyDisneyExperience are very easy to follow.

I don't know about the MemoryMaker. I've not bought one, but I assume if it's attached to MyDisneyExperience it should work.

So, you linked off-site guests to your MDE account and were able to book FP+ for them at 60 days? :confused:

Traver Freeman

Thanks! I want to try to buy tickets this week (in case they go up in price soon!), so I'll just try to find out about Memory Maker.

The ticket prices are not likely to go up from a week to week basis. What IS likely to change are hotel prices or discounts. Sometimes discounts available right now may not the longer you wait. But the opposite can also be true and things can open up. When we booked our WDW vacation in May of last year there were no free dining plan rooms available, but our DVP kept searching every day and two weeks later she found an open room, booked it for us, and saved us over $1,000 in food between the 3 people in our room.

It was that event that motivated my wife to become a DVP herself and help people with their reservations. She's been interviewed and should be getting a contract in the next day or two.

Traver Freeman

So, you linked off-site guests to your MDE account and were able to book FP+ for them at 60 days? :confused:

No no, the friends didn't end up deciding to come until like 2 days into our trip. They lived 2 hours away and just drove up. I was just saying it's possible to link off-site and on-site people.

What we did was add them to our current fastpasses. We just used the copy and paste function available through MDE. The only thing they didn't get was Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

Tom

Beta Return
No no, the friends didn't end up deciding to come until like 2 days into our trip. They lived 2 hours away and just drove up. I was just saying it's possible to link off-site and on-site people.

What we did was add them to our current fastpasses. We just used the copy and paste function available through MDE. The only thing they didn't get was Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

Oh ok. That makes sense.

LaughingGravy

OK, a follow up question here.
Our marching band is going, and if we have everyone's ticket number and name registered under the MDE account with the master admin, what is the next step the kids need to take to be able to schedule their own fastpasses? The thought is that we may add memory maker. I think we should be able to do that easily, but do all the kids need to create their accounts separately, first, or after, to be able to be under the master MDE if we add the Memory Maker later?

dreamfinder

OK, a follow up question here.
Our marching band is going, and if we have everyone's ticket number and name registered under the MDE account with the master admin, what is the next step the kids need to take to be able to schedule their own fastpasses? The thought is that we may add memory maker. I think we should be able to do that easily, but do all the kids need to create their accounts separately, first, or after, to be able to be under the master MDE if we add the Memory Maker later?

To do their own FPs, they would all need to have their own MDE accounts. If they are all under friends & family, then the pictures should be accessible under the account that has the Memory Maker entitlement. It shouldn't matter order. If they are made after the tickets are registered under the main account, then they would need to go through the reconcile process. If they are before the tickets are registered, then they would just need to be associated under friends and family.

officialtom

Link friends/family on MDE as others have said. We had it all set up and ready to go, with FP+ booked etc last year, but the other family that was supposed to come with us had to cancel due to a broken leg. It was a good dry run of multi-family MDE if nothing else!

Rob562

To expand on the previous posts, here's a step-by-step:
(And this is assuming that all of the students are 13 or older, since that's the minimum age to have your own Disney account)

-The trip admin creates a sub-profile for each student under their own master account. (Though it sounds like you've already done this)
-Get the email address for each student.
-Go into the Family & Friends section of the admin's MDE account.
-Next to each students name is a link that says "Connect Through a Disney Account". Click on it, fill in the email address on the next page, and click Done.

The student will get an invite from Disney. They just follow the instructions in the invite to set up their account. Once created, it will automatically pull over anything you've already entered and linked to the sub-profile like tickets, hotel reservation, Magic Band, etc.

A few notes:
-This will only allow the students to make FP+ for themselves. If they plan on breaking off into their own small groups with their friends and want to easily schedule FP+ together, they're each going to have to connect to each of their friends. This can be made simpler if the admin shares their Family and Friends list since they can go into My Disney Experience and the default listing is "From a list of people I may know", meaning friends of existing friends. They just check the box next to each person and click Done. That other person will then have to accept the friend request.

-Tell the students to only connect with those people they plan on being together with rather than friending EVERYONE in the group, since anyone who is your friend can make, change and cancel your FP+ choices. (This is also a risk that the group admin takes since the students could conceivably make or change their FP+ choices)

-Suggest that each group of friends choose a "leader" to be the one who makes the FP+ choices in the app and at the in-park kiosks. Makes things much smoother.

-I'm not sure what the default setting is, but tell each student to make sure they check the box on their connection to the admin that says "This person can view and purchase my PhotoPass photos". Tell the students to scan their ticket or Magic Band whenever they get a PhotoPass Photo or ride photo.

-Link the Memory Maker to the admin's account. After the trip they should be able to view and download all of the students' photos.

Hope that covers everything.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom