1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Linking Store bought Magic Bands

Discussion in 'Using MyMagic+, FastPass+ and My Disney Experience' started by Tinkerbell397, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Tinkerbell397

Tinkerbell397 Well-Known Member

Hi all.....our trip is planned for April 30-May5. We will be staying at BLT in a 2 bedroom villa. Here is my question: I know that we will receive Magic Bands with our tickets but I am thinking about going to the Disney Store and buying my granddaughter a Frozen Anna and Elsa Magic Band. Can someone please explain how I go about linking the new Frozen Magic Band to MDE? I guess I just don't understand the steps to do this. Thanks! :cat:

2. sxeensweet

sxeensweet Love a little Disney every day!! ;) Premium Member

Just note you get bands for your resort reservation not by buying tickets. Resort guests get them free whether they buy tickets or not. It's a WDW resort guest perk being you use them for room entry etc.
    To link a band you buy it's very easy you just go to link a magic band in your MDE account and put in the printed alpha numeric code on the back of the band. The magic bands also come with instructions of how to add it in the package. Takes about 2 min and you can use it immediately. :)

3. Tinkerbell397

Tinkerbell397 Well-Known Member Original Poster

Thank you @sxeensweet .... I purchased Nemo and Frozen Magic Bands for my granddaughter and grandson. I can't wait for them to open the box and see them. :cat:

sxeensweet likes this.
  4. sxeensweet

sxeensweet Love a little Disney every day!! ;) Premium Member

They will be so excited!!! And you are so very welcome!! ;)

5. CoasterKing

CoasterKing Member

Okay, you link your magic band to a trip you are taking now. You get home and decide upon another trip in three months. Can you link those same magic bands to your new trip or do you have to get new ones?

Thanks!!

6. Tuvalu

Tuvalu Premium Member

You can use your old bands. No special linking required. If you book a new Disney resort stay, you can order new bands if you want or you can decline them.

sxeensweet likes this.
  7. CoasterKing

CoasterKing Member

Great to know. Thanks for the quick reply!! Have a great day!!

Tuvalu likes this.
  8. Tuvalu

Tuvalu Premium Member

You too!