Line Cutting

kathyjacks

wannab@dis said:
Your post seems to imply that your claim of being 'civilized' may be a tad exaggerated. *shrugs*

My post was not insulting in the least. Can you say the same?

Have a magical day! :wave:

i dont' know how to put this but we aren't going to take our whole family and drag to the front of the line or push through, i think you are exaggerated and yes i am personally insulted by your responses but thats not the point. we dont' steal , cheat , pass counterfit money, bring 10 year old mugs back to disney 50 times and drink for free , that kind of stuff . what i am saying is we would never do some of the stuf that is talked about in this post. like i said this is your vacation and you are letting little things upset you. thats all i meant by get over it . and by saying get off your high horse i mean i am sure you aren't perfect and do things that annoy others meaning too or not . it happens . :kiss: and this is just a messenge board nothing to be upset over . its a place to voice opinions and talk about things at wdw . i am not trying to ruin your day so this will be my last response to this thread.

figmentmom

One of the most common complaints guests report to Cast Members is line-cutters. Please understand that it is frustrating for a family to wait in a lengthy line, only to be shouldered aside several times by other guests. I think the most courteous solution is to make that trip to the rest rooms/water fountain as a family, and then enter the line as a group. Sure, emergencies come up, and we all understand that. Usually, though, they can be avoided by some sensible advance planning.

wannab@dis

figmentmom said:
One of the most common complaints guests report to Cast Members is line-cutters. Please understand that it is frustrating for a family to wait in a lengthy line, only to be shouldered aside several times by other guests. I think the most courteous solution is to make that trip to the rest rooms/water fountain as a family, and then enter the line as a group. Sure, emergencies come up, and we all understand that. Usually, though, they can be avoided by some sensible advance planning.
How did you handle it as a cast member when you saw it happening?

In most instances I don't mind, and it never "upsets" me, especially if they have a small child in tow. It's just one of those things that we look at as another situation for the golden rule. In fact, when those adults push by you, it's a great situational event to teach the little ones a behavior that's not acceptable. :D

figmentmom

wannab@dis said:
How did you handle it as a cast member when you saw it happening?

In most instances I don't mind, and it never "upsets" me, especially if they have a small child in tow. It's just one of those things that we look at as another situation for the golden rule. In fact, when those adults push by you, it's a great situational event to teach the little ones a behavior that's not acceptable. :D

Good question! The rides in Fantasyland where I was a Cast Member last summer all had lines that were visible at all times to the Cast Member serving as greeter. If a family member took a small child out of line at Winnie the Pooh, they always stopped and spoke to the greeter, making it clear that it really was an emergency. When they came back, we did allow them to catch back up to their family members - all of whom we could see. We did NOT allow large family groups who simply announced that their families were way ahead in line to line-hop. Instead, we very politely but firmly insisted that they wait in line with everyone else. (You'd be absolutely AMAZED at the number of people who tried to shove their way into the line that way, by the way. Yes, it's a long line - if you don't want to wait, please use the FastPass system.) I don't remember anyone every arguing with me (but I'm a teacher, so I don't get too many arguments, anyway :lol: ) The line at Snow White was the same, although we only had a greeter there on very busy days. Line-hopping just didn't seem to be a problem there. The line at the Teacups most often did not have a greeter, but that line moves quickly enough that families seemed to understand that they had to enter together in order to ensure that they STAYED together when they rode.

Those were the only rides I worked last summer; I may expand my territory this summer. :lol:

MKCP 1985

:lol: Cast members always follow the rules. They :lookaroun NEVER :lookaroun let their friends cut the line. :lol:

This thread is way too serious.

MKCP 1985

Come at last moment and step in front of someone who is at the ropes on a parade route = bad.

Step out of a 60 minute wait at Splash or Big Thunder to hit the restroom or to get an ice cream and a coke to bring back to your group waiting = not bad.

Send the fastest moving members of your group to jump into the line and then have the rest of your group push through everyone in between to catch up = not good

Common sense, please. :wave:

cast members putting friends on rides at unload without waiting = :lol:

kathyjacks said:
but if a family member is holding line for the rest of their family i think that is fine. for instance at the store my husband goes and gets in line if i have 1 or 2 extra things to pick up and then i join him in line. same thing.

A line at the grocery store is the same as a line at an attraction at WDW? Really? :rolleyes: The problem is with having families push through other families. If you want a fastpass for another attraction, then get that first, and then ALL go together for the attraction that you will do while you wait for your Fastpass. Good people can sometimes have otherwise BAD manners. I'm sure that you would be the first to complain if someone was shoving and pushing in line in front of you. But according to your standards that would be fine! :rolleyes: I simply don't think so.

Mr.Pickles

Account Suspended
Thank the heavens Mr.Pickles does not wait in line. Mr.Pickles just goes right to the front, albeit through a privileged entrance, and does not have to deal with the unwashed masses.

Dwarful

Wow, I never thought Line Cutting would become a 6 page + thread! I am absolutely amazed at the number of people here who think its perfectly fine to send others to do things and then boom, instantly join family/friends inline. What exactly is the purpose of a line if people will not wait in it? Like others said careful planning can eliminate most situations...if the wait time is 30+ mins. grab your drinks etc., before entering the line, use the restrooms prior to getting in line...remember to ask the kids or have them "try" sometimes thats enough to make them go. I have on more than one occasion had to make an emergency exit w/ a toddler, asked the CM in charge the closest location etc., and have either rejoined my husband & daughter or waited w/other child until they were done. I agree, if every family had one person join them..well those "1" add up. '

The one time we do leave and come back is when we have staked our claim for parade viewing, esp. during the holidays when wait times will be closer to 2 hours for prime viewing areas. Most young kids can't wait THAT long to go. i have no problem leaving my party and taking 1 child at a time to use the restroom or get a snack and return. Because I am not keeping anyone from also waiting the 2 hours to get a spot. Now please dont show up 10 minutes before the parade and demand to squeeze in next to me or in front of the children...you'll see the fireworks early !

tink81

Mr.Pickles said:
Thank the heavens Mr.Pickles does not wait in line. Mr.Pickles just goes right to the front, albeit through a privileged entrance, and does not have to deal with the unwashed masses.

AAAAAHAHAHAAHAHHA Mr Pickles! You know at first your posts irritated me, but I think the problem is I actually believed YOU beleived the things you are saying. I know better now....

You are very discerning for a pickle.

Wow... I am SO glad you moral relativists have shown me the light!

I will never hesitate to let my wife stand in line for a ride and while she is doing that, I will go and do other things until I feel like it and push and shove everyone and get to the front, just in time to get next to my wife so we can go on together.

Actually, no, I won't.

I'm so sick of the "well I have other things to do" crowd who think that since they don't want to wait...its ok to make me wait longer so that they can cut in front of me and go on the ride first.

And as for the people who think that because "the whole group" doesn't want to wait, lets let a few get in line and then we run up later. That's BS too, if you want the pleasure of enjoying disney with a group, then accept the pain too...that means EVERYONE waits until everyone is ready to get in line. Besides, why the heck do you have to ride "as a group." You're still riding the ride.

As for the kids...sorry...if your kid has to use the bathroom...everyone gets out of the line and goes to the bathroom with junior...just because you and junior forget to see if he has to go potty before getting into the line doesn't mean you get to make everyone else wait longer...your kid can't always remember that he has to use the bathroom, but as a responsible parent, you need to remind him before he gets in line.

Now, that being said...when people cut in line ahead of me...I just smile at them, say a prayer for them and relax because I know I am doing the RIGHT thing by waiting in line and not cutting the line. Those people will never kill the magic for me...its Disney. Letting them upset me that much, gives them even more control.

Mr.Pickles

Account Suspended
tink81 said:
AAAAAHAHAHAAHAHHA Mr Pickles! You know at first your posts irritated me, but I think the problem is I actually believed YOU beleived the things you are saying. I know better now....

You are very discerning for a pickle.

Ah...But the sad thing is Mr.Pickles has recieved over 20 personal messages concerning the " privileged entrance", and how to obtain entrance.

To which Mr.Pickles responds and i quote," if you have to ask, then you will never know".

David

Mr.Pickles said:
Ah...But the sad thing is Mr.Pickles has recieved over 20 personal messages concerning the " privileged entrance", and how to obtain entrance.

To which Mr.Pickles responds and i quote," if you have to ask, then you will never know".

Ah, come on Mr. Pickles. What's the "dill"?

newfanatic

This is so sad. At first I thought "What is the big deal if someone leaves to go to the bathroom and comes back? You all need to lighten up a little." Then I thought about my last trip to Disney, and flashback to waiting in front of Flame Tree Barbecue with my kids for my DH to come out of the bathroom so we can head to the next attraction. Flashback to the kids and I waiting outside the bathroom in Adventureland for DH to come out. Flashback to waiting in The Land for DH (yes, he is worse than any toddler) so we can check out the line at Soarin'. Not once do I recall having DH, or anyone else, join us already in line. So, why are some people so privileged they do not have to wait in line like the rest of us? Boy, I wish I was above the rules too. I am so glad I did not let this bother me on my vacation, but waited until I read this thread. At least I now know that my family and I are not rude, but apparently a lot of other people are. And I'm from Jersey!

islandbeachnut

We've never really had to deal with line-cutters. :veryconfu

We have seen a couple of people or kids sqeeze past everyone in Pirates because it's sorta dark in there. We don't care though - whatever. We're at Disney and it's gonna take ALOT more than a few line-cutters to get me upset. :kiss:

MKCP 1985

newfanatic said:
This is so sad. At first I thought "What is the big deal if someone leaves to go to the bathroom and comes back? You all need to lighten up a little." Then I thought about my last trip to Disney, and flashback to waiting in front of Flame Tree Barbecue with my kids for my DH to come out of the bathroom so we can head to the next attraction. Flashback to the kids and I waiting outside the bathroom in Adventureland for DH to come out. Flashback to waiting in The Land for DH (yes, he is worse than any toddler) so we can check out the line at Soarin'. Not once do I recall having DH, or anyone else, join us already in line. So, why are some people so privileged they do not have to wait in line like the rest of us? Boy, I wish I was above the rules too. I am so glad I did not let this bother me on my vacation, but waited until I read this thread. At least I now know that my family and I are not rude, but apparently a lot of other people are. And I'm from Jersey!
You didn't have a problem with it at the time, but now you do? :(

the-reason14

Well, some people in this post have mentioned that it was ok, if it was a mother or father taking their child to the restroom and back. But,, its still cutting in line, so watever the situation is, you shouldnt look at it in any other way besides someone cutting you in line.

Im not saying its wrong, Im just saying what Ive read in this thread so far.

jmicro59

Mr.Pickles said:

Yeah but Mr. Pickles is just a cucumber soaked in a smelly vinegar mixture and is only good for eating or stuffing into cramped glass jars with the other pickels. :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom