Line Cutting

pluto77

inDisney said:
I never said anything about not standing in line because I don't feel like it. Where did you get this idea?
Um, from all of your previous posts. Here's one example:
inDisney said:
It's not that I am waiting for them to get closer, I could simply be doing something. I could have gone to the rest room, or go get a fast pass. I have a friend who can't be standing for a long period of time because she has a bad knee. There is nothing with her sitting down outside the ride waiting for us to get closer.
Okay, not those exact words, but that's exactly what you are doing when your riding a ride and then cutting the line (don't even tell me you don't do that, you've already admitted to it in a previous post). You don't feel like waiting in line, so you go ride a ride, and then you come back and cut? If there were enough people who did that, it would become a problem, and I'm sure even you would think so. So why should you have special priveliges?

inDisney

Raven66 said:
This happened to us on our trip. We were in the County Bounty waiting in the Princess line. We had been there for about 30 mins. when my DD looked up at me and said those words "I have to go to the bathroom". For a brief moment, I wanted to pinch her.:lookaroun J/K We left my DH in line while we politely left the line and briskly walked to the bathroom. We got back and could no longer see him, so I called him on his phone and he said he was in the next group. I felt bad about cutting, so I didn't go, but I did send my DD with the camera. And I waited out on the bench at the exit.

inDisney...................................As for looking like a fool at the end of the line while your party is at the front, I ask you this..............is that the only time during your whole trip that you are going to ride that ride??

It could possibly be the only day of my trip. I live in South Florida, so taking a one day trip to Disney is very common for people who live here. I might go during the summer, when attendance is unbearable, and I have to go home that night. So yes, that would be the only time that I would be able to ride the attraction.

pluto77

I give up arguing with you, InDisney. I don't want this to become an ongoing thing since we'd just be rehashing the same thing over and over. You seem to keep contradicting yourself. First you argue that's okay to not stand in line just because you could be doing something better, and then when I call you out on how wrong it is, you try to act like you never said such a thing. :brick: So whatever, I'm just going to say again that I disagree with you on this subject, and I'll move on.

Nemo14

Raven66 said:
This happened to us on our trip. We were in the County Bounty waiting in the Princess line. We had been there for about 30 mins. when my DD looked up at me and said those words "I have to go to the bathroom". For a brief moment, I wanted to pinch her.:lookaroun J/K We left my DH in line while we politely left the line and briskly walked to the bathroom. We got back and could no longer see him, so I called him on his phone and he said he was in the next group. I felt bad about cutting, so I didn't go, but I did send my DD with the camera. And I waited out on the bench at the exit.

inDisney...................................As for looking like a fool at the end of the line while your party is at the front, I ask you this..............is that the only time during your whole trip that you are going to ride that ride??
When my DD was 2, we were waiting in line to get into Country Bears. We were just about to go in when she decided to tell me that she had to go. Fool that I was, I asked her if she could wait, since I didn't think the show was that long. Needless to say, we had to clean her seat by the time the show was over!
Moral of the story - when they tell you they have to go, they HAVE TO GO!

Raven66

Nemo14 said:
When my DD was 2, we were waiting in line to get into Country Bears. We were just about to go in when she decided to tell me that she had to go. Fool that I was, I asked her if she could wait, since I didn't think the show was that long. Needless to say, we had to clean her seat by the time the show was over!
Moral of the story - when they tell you they have to go, they HAVE TO GO!

True, true. But my DD is 9. I have told her so many times that if you have to go that bad, then you waited too long to tell me. When my DD was 2 I noticed that they are having too much "fun" at that age to realize they have to go. Mine feels the need to hold it until her eyes are floating. I wasn't annoyed that she had to go, I was annoyed that she waited until she could barely walk because she had to go so bad. :lol:

ArielBelle

I think you have two issues here, one I agree with, one I don't.

First off, with general lines (minus Soarin'), I don't think it is a problem for 1 or 2 family members to meet up. I mean, it doesn't really make your line that much more of a wait. My sister and I usually hop on a ride(such as M:S, or Splash Mountain..something my parents won't ride) or grab a quick bite to eat and meet my parents who are waiting in the line. I wouldn't let that ruin your day.

But with Soarin', I think the width of the aisles IS a problem. My two friends and I ended up with a completely different group of people on the ride then we had waited with. It's not because we are pushing or shoving, but it is just so easy to move a little faster than a family with little kids or so on.

But hey, you are in Disney...enjoy your day and don't let your panties get all up in a twist. :lol:

Raven66

inDisney said:
It could possibly be the only day of my trip. I live in South Florida, so taking a one day trip to Disney is very common for people who live here. I might go during the summer, when attendance is unbearable, and I have to go home that night. So yes, that would be the only time that I would be able to ride the attraction.

So what you are saying is that you go all the time? You can't wait until your next trip to ride that ride? I'm in no way saying you shouldn't ride, but when you and a friend or two head to the front when your party is ready to board, that could mean the difference of the people behind you getting to go on right then, or having to wait another 20 minutes. Is that fair that they had to stand there for an hour and you just breeze to the front?

bgraham34

If its 1 or two people i usually dont mind but if it mores then i do. Sometimes if i am really annoyed i block there way and pretend i am deaf.

MickeyTigg

Geez....how hard is this people? Point it out to a CM...let them handle it if it's a problem and forget about it. You're on vacation at the Happiest Place in the World....relax.

inDisney

Raven66 said:
So what you are saying is that you go all the time? You can't wait until your next trip to ride that ride? I'm in no way saying you shouldn't ride, but when you and a friend or two head to the front when your party is ready to board, that could mean the difference of the people behind you getting to go on right then, or having to wait another 20 minutes. Is that fair that they had to stand there for an hour and you just breeze to the front?

Now you are really getting picky, "You can't wait until your next trip to ride?" Come on, please. Seriously, you are over-analyzing it.

wannab@dis

inDisney said:
Now you are really getting picky, "You can't wait until your next trip to ride?" Come on, please. Seriously, you are over-analyzing it.
What you're doing is wrong. People don't like it and there's not enough rationalization to make it right.

Interesting way to start our your time here at WDWMagic.

MickeyTigg

inDisney said:

Friendly hint here....just drop it. Move on to another discussion. You're not helping....you're just making it worse.

My personal opinion is that you shouldn't get in line if you are with someone or a group until you are all ready to go on the attraction. Simply wait until the few members of the party that need a drink or need to use the restroom and then get in line together. If some of the group want to go shopping or eating, then let them do the attraction after they're finished with doing that.

The only exception that I can see is where someone with young children wait in a line that has a 30 min+ wait and in the middle one of the children need to go to the restroom. In that scenario, I don't see anything wrong with them exiting and then coming back to the party that they were with in the first place.

Other than the scenario above, either separate and go on at different times or wait and then all go on together or pass people through until the others meet up with the later entering (although it just makes more sense to wait and all enter at the same time.)

Maybe Disney could up with some sort of cute park etiquette program! People that rush and push by miss way too much.

GatorDi

My mother always taught me that it is rude to cut in line no matter what the circumstances are. Holding a place for someone in line who couldn't be bothered to stay with the party (or a party who couldn't wait for their friend) annoys me no end. I have 2 kids who have been going to WDW since they were 18 months old (now 10 and 11). I have NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cut in line. If they had to go to the bathroom during a ride (which they never did, since a little planning ahead took care of that), I would never expect anyone to let me back into the line. That isn't right and it isn't fair. I have gotten out of line, and since it was my choice, if I decided to try to get back in line, I began at the end of the line again. Saving spaces for people in line was for elementary school, not the grown up world.

jmicro59

I think I found a good use for anyone who has a Pal Mickey and who has someone cut them in line. Either version 1.0 or 2.0 will work. Here's what ya do, someone cuts in line, WHACK'em with Pal Mickey, right in the back of the head. Now that's $60 bucks worth of entertainment out of Pal Mickey. :lol:
The best part is if they get up you get to whack'em again.

kathyjacks

i think this is ridiculous. no its not right for people to just push up and cut line that drives me nuts . but if a family member is holding line for the rest of their family i think that is fine. for instance at the store my husband goes and gets in line if i have 1 or 2 extra things to pick up and then i join him in line. same thing. also we are planning a trip in 2 weeks to dw and i am going to get in line with the kids while my hubby runs and gets fast pass for the next event or ride and he will catch up in line with us . there are 4 of us so me and 2 kids will be holding line while one more person is not going to hold up line too bad. my children are small and we are going to have to spend a lot of time resting at our hotel so i see nothing wrong with it and btw we are good people contrary to what someone said in this thread:mad:

wannab@dis

kathyjacks said:
i think this is ridiculous. no its not right for people to just push up and cut line that drives me nuts . but if a family member is holding line for the rest of their family i think that is fine. for instance at the store my husband goes and gets in line if i have 1 or 2 extra things to pick up and then i join him in line. same thing. also we are planning a trip in 2 weeks to dw and i am going to get in line with the kids while my hubby runs and gets fast pass for the next event or ride and he will catch up in line with us . there are 4 of us so me and 2 kids will be holding line while one more person is not going to hold up line too bad. my children are small and we are going to have to spend a lot of time resting at our hotel so i see nothing wrong with it and btw we are good people contrary to what someone said in this thread:mad:
Whether or not you see something wrong with it is not the point. If your party is not together when you get in line, just wait a few minutes and let the rest catch up with you.

I think a good rule of thumb is to use a little common sense. Would you want every family/group in front of you doing the same thing? Would you want 50 people passing you up to join their family/group after they grabbed fastpasses for the others? See, it doesn't seem that bad when just one or two are not doing the right thing, but if everyone made the same choices as you, then it causes a lot of frustration.

kathyjacks

wannab@dis said:
Whether or not you see something wrong with it is not the point. If your party is not together when you get in line, just wait a few minutes and let the rest catch up with you.

I think a good rule of thumb is to use a little common sense. Would you want every family/group in front of you doing the same thing? Would you want 50 people passing you up to join their family/group after they grabbed fastpasses for the others? See, it doesn't seem that bad when just one or two are not doing the right thing, but if everyone made the same choices as you, then it causes a lot of frustration.

so i guess you are one of those perfect people:lol:and btw we would limit it seriously and dont' mind others doing the same . we are civilized people and understand that if its 1 person holding the line for 10 more that isn't right so get off your high horse and get over it.its vacation have fun and don't be so uptight.

ISUBob

Cutting is wrong, but people do it anyway

Case in point...last June we waited for the Wishes fireworks show at Magic Kingdom for three hours. We hunted out the perfect spot at the train station up the stairs, right in the middle against the railing. Our family of six got a table and chairs for the show three hours ahead of time. We talked, read, relaxed after a long day, ate cookies from Main Street, played games, etc. As the time for the show came closer, the people came closer. When the show got ready to begin, we literally had to keep people from climbing over us, in front of us and underneath our table for pete's sake. Nobody cared, they just wanted in front of us to see the show. This one family attempted to push their kids under our table to the railing...there was no room. I'd like to think we are nice people and we politely asked those who budged to not push and shove, that we had been here awhile to wait for the show. This one fellow behind my daughter rested his elbow on her chair and hit her in the head. Unfortunately, I think it's society today. Everyone looks out for themselves and could care less about courtesy, manners and politeness. Not losing any sleep over it...just thought I'd share.

wannab@dis

kathyjacks said:
so i guess you are one of those perfect people:lol:and btw we would limit it seriously and dont' mind others doing the same . we are civilized people and understand that if its 1 person holding the line for 10 more that isn't right so get off your high horse and get over it.its vacation have fun and don't be so uptight.
Your post seems to imply that your claim of being 'civilized' may be a tad exaggerated. *shrugs*

My post was not insulting in the least. Can you say the same?

Have a magical day! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom