Limiting all guests to 3 FP+ choices per day

coachwnh

Original Poster
Finally got the return call from WDW about the email I sent. I spent 45 minutes politely explaining my concerns. The CM was very sincere in listening to questions. She said most complaints are from Pass holders. Also said the 3 FP+ came from the surveys conducted as people left the parks. She also said the biggest complaint they hear is the inability to get FP+ in multiple parks. If you have concerns, I encourage you to email and write. She said that is the only way they will make changes!

Last edited:

jlsHouston

LOVE the Avatar!! And I bet most complaints are from passholders. I wonder why. Because there are a lot of passholders, and they make multiple visits per year and I bet many don't stay onsite but when they do, I bet they use way more than 3 FP+ per day and they park hop.

And if that was how they came up with the 3 FP+ number those exit survey people, how cheap of a survey system is that ? How on earth could Disney marketing even think that was going to give them a true cross sample of how guests used legacy FP ?

coachwnh

Original Poster
LOVE the Avatar!! And I bet most complaints are from passholders. I wonder why. Because there are a lot of passholders, and they make multiple visits per year and I bet many don't stay onsite but when they do, I bet they use way more than 3 FP+ per day and they park hop.

And if that was how they came up with the 3 FP+ number those exit survey people, how cheap of a survey system is that ? How on earth could Disney marketing even think that was going to give them a true cross sample of how guests used legacy FP ?
I questioned the surveys as well. She did say you would get those like us who have mastered the FP process and others who would say what is a fast pass. That really is how the 3 FP+ came about according to the conversation I had today.

birdie31

One interesting note...
When I was first able to book using the website (12:00:01am on the first day of my 60 day window - January 6th), there was an hour and 40 minutes of server down due to maintenance errors that came up on my screen. Since it was going on 2am, I went to bed. I had to wait until the next day to book my FP+ but had some problems with the site again, so I called the help desk. I was a bit cranky as I was given overlapping times, times that conflicted with my ADRs and then I was on the phone for 20 minutes waiting for a CM. So by the time I spoke to a person, I had already invested 3.5 hours into booking FP+; longer than I would have waited in line to RIDE the attraction- even in March when we usually go. I explained my crankiness to the CM and they gave me 2 sets of FP+ bookings for Epcot - the park I was trying to book. So, I can ride my preferred attractions twice, each time with a FP+ time, for a grand total of 6 FP+ bookings in that park. So, not a perfect situation, but I can still ride Maelstrom twice and (two un-preferred FP+ selections) - Living with the Land and Spaceship Earth twice. And I am just a regular every day Canadian. No AP for me :(
Similarly, since my parents, who are coming along, only wanted to do 1 of the 3 attractions that we had selected in AK and MK, the CM at the help desk was able to override some bookings and change one FP+ selection to coincide with each other - something we could not do online because we all would have had to choose the same 3 attractions.
So, I guess CMs CAN still give out extra FASTPASSES, even if they are now FP+. I just asked for extra FP+ bookings and got them, I'm sure to satisfy my crankiness. To be safe, I printed out My Reservations page from MDE in case something gets deleted or messed up between now and when I arrive......

Similarly, I have also contacted Disney by email outlining my frustration at being a slave to my computer to book attractions. I'm now going 7 calls, 6 online help chats and 2 hours of online time at my computer. I feel like an administrative assistant to my own vacation. Kind of like I'm investing $5000 to work for Disney remotely until I arrive and then pay again (food, souvenirs, etc).

jlsHouston

One interesting note...
When I was first able to book using the website (12:00:01am on the first day of my 60 day window - January 6th), there was an hour and 40 minutes of server down due to maintenance errors that came up on my screen. Since it was going on 2am, I went to bed. I had to wait until the next day to book my FP+ but had some problems with the site again, so I called the help desk. I was a bit cranky as I was given overlapping times, times that conflicted with my ADRs and then I was on the phone for 20 minutes waiting for a CM. So by the time I spoke to a person, I had already invested 3.5 hours into booking FP+; longer than I would have waited in line to RIDE the attraction- even in March when we usually go. I explained my crankiness to the CM and they gave me 2 sets of FP+ bookings for Epcot - the park I was trying to book. So, I can ride my preferred attractions twice, each time with a FP+ time, for a grand total of 6 FP+ bookings in that park. So, not a perfect situation, but I can still ride Maelstrom twice and (two un-preferred FP+ selections) - Living with the Land and Spaceship Earth twice. And I am just a regular every day Canadian. No AP for me :(
Similarly, since my parents, who are coming along, only wanted to do 1 of the 3 attractions that we had selected in AK and MK, the CM at the help desk was able to override some bookings and change one FP+ selection to coincide with each other - something we could not do online because we all would have had to choose the same 3 attractions.
So, I guess CMs CAN still give out extra FASTPASSES, even if they are now FP+. I just asked for extra FP+ bookings and got them, I'm sure to satisfy my crankiness. To be safe, I printed out My Reservations page from MDE in case something gets deleted or messed up between now and when I arrive......

Similarly, I have also contacted Disney by email outlining my frustration at being a slave to my computer to book attractions. I'm now going 7 calls, 6 online help chats and 2 hours of online time at my computer. I feel like an administrative assistant to my own vacation. Kind of like I'm investing $5000 to work for Disney remotely until I arrive and then pay again (food, souvenirs, etc).

MM+ at it's finest...

Seriously the new website rolled out last year and it's been full of "features". I don't think the website can handle a million people trying to make FP+ bookings at a time. It barely handles whatever the highest number it has had to cope with for ADR"s without crashing or giving out error messages.

Now we add everyone staying onsite making a FP+ schedule online and I am just not even suprised you have that much time and energy all ready expended.

coachwnh

Original Poster
One interesting note...

I did mention some of these issues as we too had problems changing our FP+ times. Our picks had to be done by phone since the site was down when I wanted to make my picks
;therefore, every change I wanted to make I had to call. That's not good when you're in the park and you change your mind on the go.

And yes, they can still give you extra passes both on the phone and in the park including soarin and TT or RnR and toy story on the same day!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom