Limiting all guests to 3 FP+ choices per day

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Blackouts the entire WEEK of thanksgiving and christmas! not just the eves and days. in other words, if you are an AP holder and you spend weeks in Disney several times a year during the holidays, you can't get a discount for dining at some of the more popular restaurants (ex. 1900 PF, Chef Mickeys, etc) The TIW card means nothing. V and A is no longer taking the card either. thats the only one that dropped this year.

The full list is on Disney food blog
Wow. Thanks for the info.

jlsHouston

And after reading that after Jan 14 all legacy FP are removed from MK, this limit if three will only get worse. This entire thing stinks

And after reading the changes for this year to TIW for passholders, I'm almost glad we have decided to take a Disney break after our passes expire this August. The decision to not renew won't sting nearly as much

Yes it seems like more and more limits, and alot less benefits. I just did AP and TIW this year and while I like the discounts, now this year the discounts get restricted. You add the limitations of FP+ with the removal of legacy FP, and you have to wonder why the repeat loyal buyers of the Disney brand are getting so shortchanged. I mean what are they thinking ?

coachwnh

Original Poster
Yes it seems like more and more limits, and alot less benefits. I just did AP and TIW this year and while I like the discounts, now this year the discounts get restricted. You add the limitations of FP+ with the removal of legacy FP, and you have to wonder why the repeat loyal buyers of the Disney brand are getting so shortchanged. I mean what are they thinking ?
Its amazing how WDW keeps taking away, while DL offers more to the AP. Its amazing how many perks are still offered in DL. Glad we upgraded to the Premier Pass this past year. NO TIW needed there, plus QS is included at 20% off. NO alcohol discount out there though as per CA state laws :(

jlsHouston

Its amazing how WDW keeps taking away, while DL offers more to the AP. Its amazing how many perks are still offered in DL. Glad we upgraded to the Premier Pass this past year. NO TIW needed there, plus QS is included at 20% off. NO alcohol discount out there though as per CA state laws :(

I haven't been to DL since my kids were so young...we stayed onsite at the Disneyland Hotel twice and then once offsite at a Sheraton I think, we were big with Sheraton back in the 80's....ahhhh is the Matterhorn still there ? The last time I had was in Anaheim at the park they still had the skylift rides....I need to go back and take the grandkids and see carsland I think...You guys are going to have a wonderful summer vacation!!!

jlsHouston

Where are y'all going for Thanksgiving and Christmas if you don't go to WDW this year ? I really love Thanksgiving at WDW....not sure if we will make it there this year though I have a bunch of people with milestone birthday celebrations screaming lets go to NYC....Talk about the coldest time of year to visit such a place!!

Drex and Woo

We just returned from an excellent Christmas stay in WDW and it was our third time using the magic bands, each time without incident. I am concerned, however, that by our summer trip we will be limited to just a total of three FP+ choices in a single park per day as paper FPs are phased out. It is great starting each day knowing you have three FP+ selections in a park, but its also great being able to pick up paper passes as you go. For example, on Christmas Day, we spent our time in MK and although it was crowded, we were able to pick up multiple passes as well as use or FP+ selections to make it an excellent day! The only issue was in AK during testing. I spoke with three CMs about not being able to get paper passes which limited us to the three FP+ we had. While speaking to a supervisor in the park, he understood our frustration as AP holders and offered us two additional passes of that day (which I never asked for). I just wanted to voice my concern. I have since had several conversations both while there and by phone at home, and it seems at though the new policy will limit all guests, both onsite and offsite, to three passes a day in one park. Personally, I can't see how its possible to maximize your time in any Disney park with only three FPs a day. Does anyone else see how this can really reduce what you can do on a trip? Does anyone else agree or disagree? Part of having a relaxing and enjoyable trip as a Disney vet is having a plan and being able to do multiple attractions in a day. This new policy will kill this.
i completely agree with you. we just posted our opinion on the new fast pass + and its a fp-. in a nutshell we average 8 fp per day. and now they are limiting us to 3. well below our average. and our statistics is based on 4 parks minimun per month. so i dont have to repeat it please read our post of ap not liking the new fp.

Graham9

I believe they are limiting everyone to 3 FP+'s a day, because they want to give out FP's to everyone who has a MB, regardless who you are. I dare say there is a plan where FP's can be reserved weeks/months in advance.

They are keen to roll out this technology under the misguided idea that this is a 'good thing' and this is going to make a better experience for everyone. But how will it when you are taking something away from people?

JerseyDad

.....the obvious disappointment and outrage is that there are now ...only 3 FP+ reservations per day ...and in only one park. So ...with Epcot and DHS ...and the tiered system ....you may not get to a particular ride or attraction as you had wished on doing.

.....just wait until they tell you what PARK you may or may not go to on any given day!!

.....I'll make 10 lbs of popcorn and get 2 cases of beer to watch that uproar!!

Redhawk

Someone really needs to do something about this whole MB/FP+ thing. My experience of it was the whole thing stinks. We wanted 'one' FP to an attraction, we were given 3 without asking for them. We tried to cancel and couldn't. Then the 'system' even changed the times for them.

If there is one thing which will kill Disney, its this.
I got my FP+ within the park each day and I also question why we are forced to choose 3. Why can't we just choose one or two? Seems like many FP could be "wasted" if we choose not to use them.

Graham9

I got my FP+ within the park each day and I also question why we are forced to choose 3. Why can't we just choose one or two? Seems like many FP could be "wasted" if we choose not to use them.

Exactly. This is yet another flaw in this wonderful system. When we were at WDW, we tried to get a FP. Not being given one, we had three thrown at us. Being aware that one person's FP and another person's wait in the Standby line, we tried to cancel the unwanted two. No chance. The site wouldn't have it. It crashed and was full of errors. So we ended up with FP's we didn't want and the determination of not to throw our tablet through the window as we had wasted a half-hour of our lives trying to do something which should be really simple.

quirkle

I was in MK on Christmas Day. We were in the parks during EMH and had no waiting. When the crowds were tight we had our combo of FP+ and legacy FP (I shed a tear). We also did large capacity rides like MILF COP, Philharmagic, people mover. ALL said between rides, shows and meet and greets we rode over 17 rides. Plus we repeated on space mountain 4X in a row. We never waited more than 15 minutes.

That's the way to so it

quirkle

I also wrote to WDW after my trip. Still waiting for a response. They sent me a survey and kept hammering the fact that 3 is not enough and not being able to park hop is not acceptable.

It seems to me that they are waiting for feedback before making any changes.

coachwnh

Original Poster
I was in MK on Christmas Day. We were in the parks during EMH and had no waiting. When the crowds were tight we had our combo of FP+ and legacy FP (I shed a tear). We also did large capacity rides like MILF COP, Philharmagic, people mover. ALL said between rides, shows and meet and greets we rode over 17 rides. Plus we repeated on space mountain 4X in a row. We never waited more than 15 minutes.

That's the way to so it
We were there that day too. We ate at CRT and only left to do dinner at Mickeys Backyard BBQ. With the three FP+ and the ability to grab paper passes, the crowds didn't lessen our ability to do what we wanted. I totally agree with you. There is no way to do such a day in WDW, especially MK on a holiday, with just three passes. In fact, if you like us, know how do work your way through the parks using the old and new systems, why are we now penalized. Just set up a system where you get your three FP+ choices, then scan your bands to add the "legacy pass" to your choices like always. No paper, but still uses the new system.

coulty

We are staying at SRR in Aug (busy time), the idea that we can only have 3 FP a day and just 1 park seems stupid to me , we usually do 1 park in a morning then resort swim relax etc or go shopping , then go to a different park at night. There will be 11 of us myself 60+ so only likes gentle rides 3daughters and husbands who like the big rides , 4 gransons (teenagers) 1 / 3 year old grandaughter so small rides ..I dont know much about the tier system (yet) but if we all want to pick 3 rides say at Epcot obviously my teenagers want to go on TT MS and Soaring (me only Soaring) now none of them will want to go on Nemo or Spaceship earth , as someone said these will be wasted also if I got a Soaring FP then decide not to go on I would normally just give it someone in my party ( or even some passerby) what will happen to that one would they be able to use it or not.. Also if I dont pick them a month or 2 in advance will there be any left when we get there. This is making going on holiday really hard if you dont want to plan a military type operation.. We get an Ultimate ticket so some days we have been known to go to 3 parks during the day , and we usually split up to get Fp for the rides they want at each park..Lets hope by the time we go something will have changed.. grrrrrrrrr feeling stressed already...

EvilQueen-T

We are staying at SRR in Aug (busy time), the idea that we can only have 3 FP a day and just 1 park seems stupid to me , we usually do 1 park in a morning then resort swim relax etc or go shopping , then go to a different park at night. There will be 11 of us myself 60+ so only likes gentle rides 3daughters and husbands who like the big rides , 4 gransons (teenagers) 1 / 3 year old grandaughter so small rides ..I dont know much about the tier system (yet) but if we all want to pick 3 rides say at Epcot obviously my teenagers want to go on TT MS and Soaring (me only Soaring) now none of them will want to go on Nemo or Spaceship earth , as someone said these will be wasted also if I got a Soaring FP then decide not to go on I would normally just give it someone in my party ( or even some passerby) what will happen to that one would they be able to use it or not.. Also if I dont pick them a month or 2 in advance will there be any left when we get there. This is making going on holiday really hard if you dont want to plan a military type operation.. We get an Ultimate ticket so some days we have been known to go to 3 parks during the day , and we usually split up to get Fp for the rides they want at each park..Lets hope by the time we go something will have changed.. grrrrrrrrr feeling stressed already...

you can currently pick different rides for different members of your group (still 3 total max). we've been 3 times under the new system and like most used both the new and old system. but just as a warning to you, not sure if it will be this way or not on your trip, but on our most recent trip with the new fp+ we were only able to choose test track or soarin' not both on the same day because of their tier system.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom