Limited Disney record player coming out April 16 only at local record stores!

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
disney-turntable.jpg
disney-turntable-closed.jpg
I am so loving this.

I happen to own a small, independent record store in South Florida.

Every year, there is a huge national (actually worldwide) event called Record Store Day in April, where many limited edition releases come out. Most are records, some CD's and DVD's, and in the last few years there has also been a turntable. One was Peanuts (Snoopy) one was One Direction (the boy band) and one was The Ramones. They are all made by Crosley. The Peanuts one sold the best for us and went up in value.

This year's is a Disney turntable, specifically using "70's Mickey" - this will only be available at local independent record stores - not Barnes & Noble, not Walmart. That's the whole point of Record Store Day - to get people to go to local record stores. You should know that each participating record store signs a pledge not to jack up the prices, either in their stores or online. And each store can order no more than 20 pieces. This will retail in the neighborhood of $110.

You may need to stand on line before the store opens to get one. No doubt, some will be on ebay by the afternoon, but the prices will be higher (because individuals who have no obligation to the pledge signed by record stores buy them to resell.) The date is Saturday, April 16.

Note: I am absolutely not offering to sell anything here, just making you all aware of the item since if you blink you may miss it, especially if you are not plugged into your hometown record store's goings on. I actually cannot take orders on them even if I wanted to, and even if this forum allowed.

Tagging @wdwmagic in case you want to highlight this.

Gelatoni

I actually Got this because i saw you post it. After using it some. It's great outside the speakers are poop but i pulled better ones in definatly now my new player! Thanks for sharing I would have never known otherwise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom