Life in Orlando

Shaman

He can always come to Miami......we can take him to Liberty City, Overtown, Little Havana.....

:lookaroun

Kendall...Hialeah...:lookaroun You want a dangerous place to live! :lol:
Sure there's more to Orlando than Disney...there's Universal...and Sea World...and the Medieval Times show.

:D

DDuckFan130

I'm not sure if I believe in fate anymore or "meant to be." My life is in my hands.
:shrug:

Fate has been cruel to me...although lately it's taken pity on me. Everything happens for a reason.

Point is in all this, don't revolve your life around Disney or you're going to drive yourself crazy. Relax and eventually something will come to you that will tell you where you need to be. Hell, it might not even be Anaheim or Orlando...who knows? :shrug:

MerHearted

Original Poster
:shrug:

Fate has been cruel to me...although lately it's taken pity on me. Everything happens for a reason.

Point is in all this, don't revolve your life around Disney or you're going to drive yourself crazy. Relax and eventually something will come to you that will tell you where you need to be. Hell, it might not even be Anaheim or Orlando...who knows? :shrug:

I think saying "everything happens for a reason" is a cop out. If you have dreams, you have to go after them. You can't sit and wait for things to happen for you. I'm not a Cinderella, I'm an Ariel and I want to be a part of that world. :p

stranger

I know and the decision tears me apart at times. But it's just they are two different places and I will have a different life in each place. I would like the decision to be mine. It feels like if I just let the job decide then it's forcing my hand. I dunno, it's just confusing.

See, what you have are expectations from each place! You’re expecting to live a certain kind of way in Anaheim and a certain way in Orlando, but in reality it’s what you make of it. No matter what, the decision will be yours. No one will be holding a gun to your head to get on a plane to live in either city (cities that YOU picked.)

We can go around in circles here, but the bottom line is, you are your only obstacle here!

DDuckFan130

I think saying "everything happens for a reason" is a cop out. If you have dreams, you have to go after them. You can't sit and wait for things to happen for you. I'm not a Cinderella, I'm an Ariel and I want to be a part of that world. :p

Whatever...like honestly, it seems that anything that is said will not make a difference. Do you want us to say "go to Anaheim?" Fine, go to Anaheim. Wanna go to Orlando? Go to Orlando.

I do personally believe in everything happening for a reason. I don't think it's a cop out. Yes I have my dream of being a teacher, but things have happened to me on my journey to becoming a teacher and I know there are reasons for them...I just don't know them yet. Eventually I will know.

See, what you have are expectations from each place! You’re expecting to live a certain kind of way in Anaheim and in Orlando. Yeah, they’ll be different, but it’s what you make of it. No matter what, the decision will be yours. No one will be holding a gun to your head to get on a plane to live in either city (cities that YOU picked.)

We can go around in circles here, but the bottom line is, you are your only obstacle here!

Yup.

Computer Magic

That is not a cop out and it's not saying you sit there and wait for things to happen. Somethings a life changing event takes place and its how you handle it. You can set and feel sorry for yourself or do something about it. Someone could be laid off work and decide to go back to school or start their own business. How is that a "cop out"?

MerHearted

Original Poster
Whatever...like honestly, it seems that anything that is said will not make a difference. Do you want us to say "go to Anaheim?" Fine, go to Anaheim. Wanna go to Orlando? Go to Orlando.

I didn't ask for you to tell me where to go. I just asked what life was like in Orlando so I could get a better idea of what awaits me there. Over at a Disneyland board, I asked the same thing for Anaheim. I'm just trying to make an informed decision. I never said I wanted anyone else to make it for me.

MerHearted

Original Poster
That is not a cop out and it's not saying you sit there and wait for things to happen. Somethings a life changing event takes place and its how you handle it. You can set and feel sorry for yourself or do something about it. Someone could be laid off work and decide to go back to school or start their own business. How is that a "cop out"?

No, what I'm saying feels like a cop out is when you believe some kind of pre-determined path is laid out for you. I believe you make your own path.

maggiegrace1

No, what I'm saying feels like a cop out is when you believe some kind of pre-determined path is laid out for you. I believe you make your own path.
So make your own path.

Life is what YOU make it..and only you can decide what is best for you.
I know you want others opinions but in the end you are the only one who will decide what you want and where you want to go.

You are going to get good and bad reviews about California and Florida.
The ultimate decision is yours Vince.

What matters is that you are happy with the final choice..and it may not be as great as you think...

Do not go with the highest expectations and think that everything will fall into place because it will not...you will have highs and lows..but if you do what you want..and believe in what you do..then you will be happy...regardless of where you go.

To answer your original question..I lived there from 1995-1997 and it was pretty nice...We did other stuff besides the parks..normal things that you do anywhere..but we did go to WDW alot....

Good luck in whatever you choose..:kiss:

Nicole220

*says the man that has never been to DL*
:p
:wave:

:lol: Aww…KBF isn’t that bad! It’s great during Knotts Scary Farm. :D
Funny, I was just talking about this today. I've never been during Scary Farm...I'm too scared! I am hoping to go this year before I go off to college...

To merhearted: I hope you find what you are looking for and everything falls into place. :) Just don't rush into it, have an open mind. I've rushed into a few things this past year and now regret my decisions...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom