Let's discuss that rumor of the elimination of no charge Fastpass!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
If you really don't want to sound like a tourist, please remember there is only one real Disneyland and that is in California. All other Disneylands need to be abbreviated with their location but not Walt's park. Also, never refer to California as "Cali". It's insulting. It's like saying "Frisco" to anyone in San Francisco. Also never say "We are going to Disney." while in California. That is a Florida thing.
I could care less if I "sound like a tourist".

There is more than one "Disneyland", in nomenclature. There is only one Disneyworld. And, only one "Magic Kingdom".

lazyboy97o

I could care less if I "sound like a tourist".

There is more than one "Disneyland", in nomenclature. There is only one Disneyworld. And, only one "Magic Kingdom".
There is not and never has been a Disneyworld. And Disneyland was called the Magic Kingdom well before 1971.

JD2000

Original Poster
MiceAge said:
And the MaxPass system can be set up to take over any one Fastpass attraction, making it possible to only pull a Fastpass via MaxPass, or only allowing access to an attraction via MaxPass with no Standby line available.
It looks to be more than pure speculation now.

jmuboy

Maybe they'll limit FP+ at WDW to resort guests only.
Free fast pass is going away before Star Wars opens. Disney created the concept but is the only company still offering it for free.

I'm hoping the hotel guests on both coasts get the programs for free. Nice perk.

drizgirl

Free fast pass is going away before Star Wars opens. Disney created the concept but is the only company still offering it for free.

I'm hoping the hotel guests on both coasts get the programs for free. Nice perk.
Maybe that's the additional benefit that new "resort fee"would cover.

Regardless, I do think they have all sorts of tricks up their sleeves before SWL opens.

SoManyWasps

Maybe that's the additional benefit that new "resort fee"would cover.

Regardless, I do think they have all sorts of tricks up their sleeves before SWL opens.
If MaxPass is the first step in a long series of changes to the park, I can see the end destination being a queue-less experience for some major attractions such as the SW:GE Battle Experience. You show up at the attraction, get a return time, and venture off to do other things. A notification drops onto your phone when it's your turn, and the show starts as soon as you enter the building. No standby line. No waiting. An immediate, immersive experience.

All speculation, but logically I think this would be the next real step in improving the park experience.

drizgirl

If MaxPass is the first step in a long series of changes to the park, I can see the end destination being a queue-less experience for some major attractions such as the SW:GE Battle Experience. You show up at the attraction, get a return time, and venture off to do other things. A notification drops onto your phone when it's your turn, and the show starts as soon as you enter the building. No standby line. No waiting. An immediate, immersive experience.

All speculation, but logically I think this would be the next real step in improving the park experience.
That wouldn't shock me. I can see one version of that being 100% of the ride's capacity being distributed by FP. But then it doesn't leave room for delays for ride shutdowns that often happen with new attractions. Hopefully their experience with FEA has taught them how much down time a new ride can have.

Remember, they did test this theory a few years back at Soarin and TSMM. DLR ran the Frozen sisters meet and greet as a 100% fastpass experience for some time (until demand finally dropped).

SoManyWasps

That wouldn't shock me. I can see one version of that being 100% of the ride's capacity being distributed by FP. But then it doesn't leave room for delays for ride shutdowns that often happen with new attractions. Hopefully their experience with FEA has taught them how much down time a new ride can have.

Remember, they did test this theory a few years back at Soarin and TSMM. DLR ran the Frozen sisters meet and greet as a 100% fastpass experience for some time (until demand finally dropped).
It's really a format that could only work for certain attractions. But, if those attractions run reliably (because unlike Malestorm: Elsa Edition, they're actually new ride systems) they could both be massive crowd eaters while helping to redistribute people into other areas of the park. If I'm told at 12PM that my return time for an experience is 3PM, I can go well onto the other side of the park while I wait.

D

Deleted member 107043

I agree. It's one thing to eliminate Free FPs but do that AND make certain attractions FP only would be ridiculous.

Admission tickets to TDL were available on a reservation system in first few years after it opened, so it wouldn't be the first time a Disney park has used a total reservation system.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom