Lesson from FP+: Persistence

JohnD

Original Poster
So I just planned a last minute Labor Day weekend trip to WDW, primarily to squeeze in a final viewing of MSEP.

One thing about FP+: Peristence.

When scheduling the three FP+, of course 7DMT wasn't available. I tried Modify and within several minutes 11:50pm-12:50am came up.

Using the app, I clicked Modify over and over during the last several days. More than once no availability came up, then last night, 11:30pm. It may be only 20 minutes earlier so I took I it.

Tried again this morning. After several attempts, 6:55 pm popped up (My other two are at 4:50 and 5:55 respectively). Yep. Took it.

The lesson? Be persistent. I have found using the app is best suited for this not desktop.

JIMINYCR

I always tell friends who grumble that they cant get anything they want (ADRs or FP +), to keep trying. People cancel out, change plans, or switch things around multiple times. It may not be the perfect time you want, but you never know when something will open up. As long as you keep plugging away chances are youll hit on something. It may not be the perfect time you want, but it will do.

DisneyAubs

Yes! Persistence pays off! I was able to make changes for all but the most sought after FPs (I'm talking to you, Frozen Ever After) on the fly even in busy June, which was great. Somehow things never go as planned when traveling with small children. I was so glad for the flexibility of the app!

Ghostdog

I agree, be persistant. Yesterday I was able to modify all our FP and dinning times for our trip which is in 2 days.

We now will have our 3 FP choices done by noon each day; which works out perfectly for us.

I was also able to get better dining times for all our dinner reservations. Instead of eating at 7-7:30 each night, I was able to get 5:30 for each evening.

I say try the app, it works great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom