"Lemmie see your ID"

arcsbite

Original Poster
anyone here work on the gates at WDW?
I was wondering if you guys know about cast member entrance

do we get in free?
I'm a cast member in the UK,
Do we need out ID's?
What forms of ID do we need, have the ID cards changed?
I've been given conflicting advice and now i'm worried!

if you work on the gates...is it standard for cast members from any country to get in free? have the UK Id's changed at all?
I've been told they havea dn yet my manager knows nothing about it...at all started from me chasing up my 2004 sticker!

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Atta83

Have you asked any of the manager or even where you get your ID in the UK if you are able to, thats the best thing I can think of.

SpaceRacer2003

Do you have some form of a "Main Gate" pass as well? I know that with the Disneyland cast they now have to present their ID and main gate pass at Guest Relations to get a paper ticket to use. It used to be they could just show it at the cast entrance and get in. The same holds true (almost) if WDW cast goto Disneyland, you must have a main gate.

PhotoDave219

I'm assuming youre a Disney Store CM. Check with your local leader and odds are all you would have to do is show your ID at guest relations to get a comp ticket. At least thats what ive seen happen with other people in the company, ie ESPN.

tigger248

I thought Disney Store cm's didn't get in free anymore. Especially with the Children's Place sale. I am a disney store cm and I already bought a ticket, so if anyone knows anything different before I start using my ticket, I'd really appreciate it.

Coastieboy00

Only Cast Members with IDs issued at Florida Access Control can get in for free. Managers and anyone else from other parts that qualified for a Main Gate can still use that to get in. This was at least the information communicated on Portal. Check with your manager for more information.

SpaceRacer2003

Those CMs with IDs not issued by FL Access Control with main gates or a silver pass can use their ID and pass to get in comp. As Dave said you have to goto Guest Relations to get the actual ticket. This is how the process works for FL Cast at DL & DLP. Without knowing the specific type of ID it is hard to make sure accurate information. But having spent a good portion of the past year near the "turnstile kids" this is the best assumption.

The restrictions on having a main gate were put into place at WDW to match a policy already enforced at DL. It was to make it fair and equal to everyone.

arcsbite

Original Poster
I know when I go to DLP that I need to go to guest relations to get a pass, but when I went to WDW last December, I showed them my Cast ID (UK Disney Stores Cast memeber ID - yellow with mickey hologram and stickers on the back validating the year) and they let me strgiht in, I just wasn't aware if it had changed at all as I've been given so much conflicting advice

arcsbite

Original Poster
mkt said:
I believe they've yanked free admission from non WDA CMs

Eeek, do you know why at all? is this confirmed, as DLP still allow it, and Disney still own the UK disney stores
cheers

arcsbite

Original Poster
Atta83 said:
Have you asked any of the manager or even where you get your ID in the UK if you are able to, thats the best thing I can think of.

I asked my management team who all shrugged it off...much less than helpful *sigh*
I think I need to get in contact with homebase and ask them

Jekyll

Disney store CM listen up. I was a former disney store CM and quit because they removed the free entrance to the park. YOu still get your free hoppers and discounts on pass but that's it.
So, try to enjoy. It was the best feeling in the world being able to walk back stage to company D. And walk in the parks. I get a big thrill first time I used my ID, those days are long gone now. SOrry to disappoint. :cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom