LEGOLAND California broke ground on a second Hotel this week

Phroobar

Use the single rider line for Harry Potter and your wait will be 5 minutes no matter how long the line is. Of course you miss most of the great queue. We rode it four times when the regular line was a half hour.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
So one problem is it looks like if I used StarTours or Anaheim Tour they don't have a transportation only option? Which wouldn't allow us to buy our tickets through Universal's website direct.

I'm not that concerned with being there at park opening. There isn't really that much that's a must do for us. Here is my must do list:

Harry Potter (not concerned about the Hippogriff roller coaster)
Walking Dead (If I can get the courage up) BTW, does anyone know if this is kid friendly?
Studio Tour
Transformers
Jurassic Park

Anything else I can take or leave. So if we ended up getting there at like 10am, do you think that's doable? Are lines usually very long at Universal?

I have seen Transportation only options on Starline Tours website, and I know that calling The Anaheim Tour Company (o re-mail) will give you a quote for Transportation only. So I would contact both directly. I presume that the Starline issue is the changeover and not sure which price to post.

Oh, yes, the lines can be long, I say to plan for about 2 hours on a medium to busy day just for the Tram Tour (1 hour in the queue, and then the hour it takes to do the tour,

http://www.isitpacked.com/live-crowd-trackers/universal-studios-hollywood/

And same for the Forbidden Journey attraction at Wizardly World, but 90 minutes in line, and 30 minutes from loading to getting out of the attraction.

As for Jurassic Park, depends on the weather, 1 hour to queue and ride, less if not hot, and more if it is very hot day

Transformers would be 1 to 2 hours, depending on a lot of factors. You also want to do Jurassic Park and Transformers at the same time, and then add 15 minutes each way to get from the Upper and Lower Lots (Multiple LONG escalators each way)

Walking Dead - Have you ever been to a Theme Park Halloween Party designed for adults with Mazes? This is just a year round version, the "monsters" can jump out at you, stare and "speak" scary noises, but not touch you. And you cannot touch them... They have 'escape paths", so you can start the "walkthrough" and then tell security staff that you want to leave, and they will take you on a backstage pathway to a nearby exit without disturbing others.

So that is about 7 to 8 hours with a few minimal bathroom and grab and go snacks/drinks breaks.

So yes, I would say under most days, unless it is a Forget about it and some Yep, It's Packed days, where you might have some issues of running out of time.

Curious Constance

Dang, that's a lot of waiting. I would HATE buying front of the line passes and then having the lines be short. I'll have to monitor their wait times. Is there an app for that at Universal?

Also the tram tour that includes the King Kong thing right? It's not separate?

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Dang, that's a lot of waiting. I would HATE buying front of the line passes and then having the lines be short. I'll have to monitor their wait times. Is there an app for that at Universal?

Also the tram tour that includes the King Kong thing right? It's not separate?

OK, let's do the easiest first, the Tram Tour usually contains the following "attractions" (Staged events) as part of the tour, but the route and options change multiple times a day usually (weekends are usually less busy in regards to the filming schedule on the back lot).

King Kong 360 : 3-D
Flash Flood
Earthquake
Jaws
Bates Motel and Mansion (Psycho)
War of the Worlds set - Real demolished 747
Fast and Furious: Supercharged (new in 2015, uses 3-D projections)

As for the App, here is the link.

http://www.universalstudioshollywood.com/universal-studios-hollywood-mobile-app/

USH also has multiple electronic wait boards throughout the park, so you can look at the current wait times for queued attractions, and the next show time for sit down shows with using your phone.

As for the Front of the Line, there is a limited amount daily, and if any are left, available in park, usually around $60 per person, so in most cases doesn't make sense if you are aren't sure the expensive is worth it. If you do opt for one after entering the park, buy it as soon as you can, so you can get the most bang for your buck. But they are worth every cent on a very busy day.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Thanks, I am now allowed to wear pants, can walk around with myself, no more wires connected to monitors (Well, an occasional IV Line gets plugged in, and my Heart Monitor is wireless), Now I need to just Fart to prove the surgery went well, and then I can start back to eating again.....I am feel I am close, but nothing happens.. (UGH!) But the road is going forward and moving along, I just need the "gas" boost to get me going faster.... (Alas, the gas I am having creates Burps, which doesn't count, only a lower exit of air reaches the goal....) Going on a walk right now to try and reach it.... :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom