LEGO Land

WDWVolFan

Original Poster
Planning a WDW trip in 2015 and will include Universal and was thinking about either SeaWorld or LEGO Land.

Is LEGO Land worth it?

Wags14

We visited for two days this past July and both my boys (2,7) loved it. Of course the older one loves Legos and Emmet (The Lego Movie), but there is plenty to do, especially if you do the water park. We enjoyed our time. Hardly any wait times and quite a bit of new attractions to do. Also keep in mind they have a new Hotel opening in 2015, so maybe check that out. Not sure if they give any perks if staying, but worth looking into, possibly.

Oh, if there is even the threat of a thunderstorm nearby, the entire park seems to close down, all rollercoasters, riders, etc. odd, so just an fyi. Plan for a nice day...

Wags14

Mostly, however it depends on the age of your party. Younger kids are going to enjoy the rides more at Legoland. Older kids and myself enjoy SeaWorld more, but just depends on your party and what they are in to.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Planning a WDW trip in 2015 and will include Universal and was thinking about either SeaWorld or LEGO Land.

Is LEGO Land worth it?
Do you have young kids? It's definitely worth it if so. If not... it'd depend on how much you like LEGOs. :p The displays are impressive and some of the coasters are fun. I went there for the first time in May - a time when I was actually working for Legoland in California. We spent a few hours there, but would've been there longer if we had kids that wanted to do the smaller attractions and such.

Ranch Dressing

Legoland is an enigma. It looks great, rides are fantastic to younger children but the customer service of late has become atrocious. I wouldn't leave Universal or Disney just to make a trip unless you have Lego obsessed kids.

TB4244

If you have kids then go for it, if not, you're not really missing anything.

We're regular visitors to Legoland Windsor, and the version in Florida isn't a patch on the park in the UK, being a Lego geek, I was quite disappointed. The weather isn't kind to all those plastic bricks, they were warping in the heat when we were there in May 2013.

But on the upside the water show is well worth watching, I've never seen water-skiing minifigs before!

SanderMC

After reading this thread I am now rethinking about possibly visiting Lego Land. My extended family of 10 is headed down to Disney next June. I know my sister is thinking about taking her kids to LEGO Land. My daughter will only be 2.5 when we go. My daughter does like to sit down and play with legos - mostly sitting there and stacking them at this point. I looked at the LEGO Land website and while they are touting that the park was geared for kids as young as 2, I received the impression that a child should really be 3 or 4 in order to really enjoy it. However, from reading the comments here I am getting the impression that I was wrong. Would it be worth it to bring her or would it be better to just spend another day at Disney? If it makes any difference, she LOVES animals so we are planning on going to Sea World.

Wags14

After reading this thread I am now rethinking about possibly visiting Lego Land. My extended family of 10 is headed down to Disney next June. I know my sister is thinking about taking her kids to LEGO Land. My daughter will only be 2.5 when we go. My daughter does like to sit down and play with legos - mostly sitting there and stacking them at this point. I looked at the LEGO Land website and while they are touting that the park was geared for kids as young as 2, I received the impression that a child should really be 3 or 4 in order to really enjoy it. However, from reading the comments here I am getting the impression that I was wrong. Would it be worth it to bring her or would it be better to just spend another day at Disney? If it makes any difference, she LOVES animals so we are planning on going to Sea World.

We went this summer with our 7 and 2 year old sons. The 7 year old had an absolute blast. But, the 2 year old literally had nothing to do. There were a few things in the Duplo Valley but that was it. If you are going there just for the 2 year old to do rides and attractions then you will be very disappointed.

SanderMC

Thanks Wags14 - I really appreciate the feedback. Your feedback was the same as the impression I received when I looked at the website. You just saved me money!

We went to legoland with my 4 year old daughter in july and we all had a blast! We will def go back next year!:joyfull: We stayed at Pop in Disney and drove to legoland. Drive was not bad (40-45 mins) and you can take food & snacks into the park. Some rides she had to do by herself which was totally off the table for her but she still had plenty to do & see. We ate lunch at the market Restaurant which was a very good healthy option and a big plus was the AC. :inlove: Meeting Emmett from the movie was the highlight of the day for my DD and my DH & I loved the peaceful stroll in Cypress Gardens. Highly recommend it to families!;)

I totally understand your concern. I had the same problem when my DD was 2.5. If your daughter liked the lego movie then yes go and if not then maybe wait. Don't get me wrong, plenty for her to do & see. It's a lovely park for kids and I know my girl would of had a blast at 2.5. Really depends on the child...

Livialovesdisney

I had fun but Seaworld is more fun! As the other answerers said, it os definitely more for younger kids! Or lego fanatics! But i think you would still enjoy it :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom